USA/Canada Delivery Thread

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congrats!
I just don't understand the logistics of Lotus USA. My car arrived earlier on March 29th, and it is a FE 1.0. Somehow people on the April 6th boat got their cars earlier than the March 29th batch. o_O
Cannot wrap my head around this. I am going to my best friend's wedding next week and won't be back until May. Not sure if I can see the car when I come back from the trip. Oh.. my.. L:rolleyes:tus....
Thanks! I agree, it is total chaos. This was the first positive communication I've had since I placed my order and as of 2 days ago I still had no idea if my car was even built yet, let alone enroute to Washington already. Your time will come very soon, I'm sure it's at the port just waiting for the next truck driver to randomly load it up if it hasn't been already.

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm not one for generalizations, but don't you think at our core, all Lotus drivers must share the same ability to prolong immediate gratification for long term reward, or find some thrill in the chase? Most normal people would never tolerate what we so willingly accept (even if we complain about it too).

If I'm being candid, I'm going to miss some of the delay stories once this all gets sorted out. Guess we'll move on to maintenance challenges/solutions next.

This group certainly makes it worth it, imo.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
if all of these cars were already spoken for then my local dealer wouldn't of been calling me 3 times in the last two weeks to try and raise my FOMO. the initial offer was a $116K price. that is either a +$21K or + $14K mark up. unlike many, i'm in zero rush.
They had depositors back out at some point in the past and they kept the allocation live in order to receive and sell the unit. Makes perfect sense to me. I mean, ethically they should have bumped to others in their waiting deposit queue, but it does seem that dealers are free to screw over their own waiting customers in the pursuit of recovering some of their very large long-term investment in the brand's quite expensive showroom remodel requirements.

The current FE MSRP in 2024 is I think $105,400 for the lowest FE V6 spec. And one with upper black pack and Alcantara steering wheel bumps the MSRP to $107,330. And then there's a $2350 delivery charge from Lotus on any car. So that brings the more optioned car up to $109,680 at absolute minimum. Not including dealer doc fees, taxes, reg, etc.

You obviously didn't have a deposit in for the last 3 years like many of us did, so you missed the boat. Do you really think you should get the 2021 pricing on a 2024 vehicle? I'm not on the dealer's side here at all, but I'm trying to understand your specific complaint.

Last edited:

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not one for generalizations, but don't you think at our core, all Lotus drivers must share the same ability to prolong immediate gratification for long term reward, or find some thrill in the chase? Most normal people would never tolerate what we so willingly accept (even if we complain about it too).

If I'm being candid, I'm going to miss some of the delay stories once this all gets sorted out. Guess we'll move on to maintenance challenges/solutions next.

This group certainly makes it worth it, imo.
I think Telsa drivers put up with a lot of issues, but they lie to themselves and call them "features". We're equally as tolerant with shortcomings, but we Lotus fans at least call 'em what they are! :cool:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Some more new arrivals at Bellevue:
DSC_8505.jpg

DSC_8500.jpg

WindJunkie

Reaction score
Strangely the Honda accord manual is pretty good! 😀
The Civic Type R has the best manual gear box, with rev match, I have ever driven. When I test drove the Emira, the gearbox was fine and precise, but no where close to as good as my CTR LE that I sold to raise cash for the Emira.

Granted, I haven't driven that many different brands of manuals to say I've driven them all, but IMO you would have a hard time finding a better manual gearbox than the 10th or 11th gen CTR...or Accord for that matter. Honda can make a damn good 6 speed all the way down to their base model Civics

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The Civic Type R has the best manual gear box, with rev match, I have ever driven. When I test drove the Emira, the gearbox was fine and precise, but no where close to as good as my CTR LE that I sold to raise cash for the Emira.

Granted, I haven't driven that many different brands of manuals to say I've driven them all, but IMO you would have a hard time finding a better manual gearbox than the 10th or 11th gen CTR...or Accord for that matter. Honda can make a damn good 6 speed all the way down to their base model Civics
I still love a 5 speed. Old school

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wait till you get your Emira. Had mine over a month. It’s only getting better with time. The shifter is getting more buttery and the engine is running Smoother..
The car looks fantastic makes my porsche GTS look plain. Even through it’s not. In isolation the porsche looks great and people still complement it, but
Next to the lotus. The lotus steals the show, it drives is much more engaging and rewarding.

Haven’t looked at the form in a month…
Just walk out to the garage and look…

Translation “ if your going to dream exaggerate”

FYI Not a single problem!!!
Well one, you will get a lot attention.

Attachments

• AF1E56E6-CC12-4315-8F52-EA6BEC52361E.jpeg
    AF1E56E6-CC12-4315-8F52-EA6BEC52361E.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 53

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Damn that is so fast. Mine is on the 3/29 boat. I checked with my guy at PP yesterday, and he said my car is still at the port.
As silly as this may sound, it may simply be a case of first-in last-out. The ships arrived pretty close to each other, delivering hundreds of cars. Mine was on the last ship, so it went into wherever they're storing them last, which means it was the closest to the front, while the cars that arrived earlier are now in the back. By the time they were cleared through customs and all, and were available to be picked up by the carrier trucks, they may have just started taking the ones in front and working their way towards the the back. That's a lot of cars to start pulling out and loading onto trucks.

Just a guess on my part. Hang in there, it looks like they're trying to move them as fast as they can, and I would think sometime in the next 2 or 3 weeks you'll get some good news.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder if that DV one could be mine? He said it would be there by Monday. It's good to see they're being transported from New Jersey by covered trucks!
There was another DV that had already come off the truck as well. Inside, a shadow grey w/ red, and my magma/tan plus the yellow pictured.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The yellow one is mine. Picking it up tomorrow afternoon.
I was just drooling over that picture! 😍 Same spec as mine, except I ordered red calipers. Us non-black pack folk need to stick together, we're a minority! 😜

Still gonna send it...

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been covered elsewhere, but the first Emira has been listed on BAT. This to has been delivered to Lotus of Pompano Beach, but they appear to be doing business as FLC or "Ft. Lauderdale Collection". This example appears to be an FE1 car. Current bid: $98,000 with 5 days remaining.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm not sure if this has been covered elsewhere, but the first Emira has been listed on BAT. This to has been delivered to Lotus of Pompano Beach, but they appear to be doing business as FLC or "Ft. Lauderdale Collection". This example appears to be an FE1 car. Current bid: $98,000 with 5 days remaining.

If you'd scroll down just a few spots... 😉

RTM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Some more new arrivals at Bellevue:
View attachment 41467
View attachment 41468
That DV one could be mine!
The yellow one is mine. Picking it up tomorrow afternoon.
Dropped by Park Place a short while ago - got to see Dark Verdant and tan in person for first time. Fortunately all good on both counts - the tan isn’t orange at all 🤗

There were a few cars ready for handover, including a yellow one. Looks like they have 3 DVs right now - told 14 cars a week are arriving so hopefully not long to go now!

Attachments

• IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 80

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
got to see Dark Verdant and tan in person for first time. Fortunately all good on both counts - the tan isn’t orange at all 🤗
I've seen some great and not-so-great black&tan combos on car leather, and I think Lotus' interior group hit it out of the park with this tan selection. It's a bit darker and bolder than Aston's Sahara Tan (also by Bridge of Wier) and it pops more accordingly but without being loud.

The only "oh well" is that it didn't smell as unique as my wife's Vantage, which is like the world's most luxurious baseball glove. If someone could make candles out of that car's leather smell, I would burn 'em like a hippie. 😌

I wonder if Bridge of Wier's process has changed and resulted in a more traditional "new-car" smell? Or maybe Aston works with them to develop that particular smell? Anyone in the business feel free to comment!