• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm hopeful that paint blisters were an early, non-U.S. issue as there doesn't seem to be too many reports of this issue stateside.

I’m hoping the same, but the U.S. cars don’t have the mileage or time owned under their belts that UK cars do. If this problem still exists I don’t think paint blisters will show themselves on NA cars for 6-12 months after they’ve been delivered to owners.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I started a message thread on this but it doesn’t seem to let me add. Dealer PPF around 9K for full car. Edges are not wrapped and have sizeable gaps. Have found a couple good alternatives looking at 6-7 for full car and 9-10 with ceramic. Edges wrapped.

PDI & Delivery has been reported 5K.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I have not visited the forum in a few weeks because I took delivery of a Carrera T and have been busy with work too. A lot of new pages since deliveries started! What is the TLDR? People happy? Major issues? S or R versions? Base production and deliveries? Local CVS has some cool versions, even a JPS!

Very happy with 911! MT is fantastic!

IMG_5455.jpeg

IMG_5453.jpeg

IMG_5761.jpeg
IMG_5758.jpeg

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have not visited the forum in a few weeks because I took delivery of a Carrera T and have been busy with work too. A lot of new pages since deliveries started! What is the TLDR? People happy? Major issues? S or R versions? Base production and deliveries? Local CVS has some cool versions, even a JPS!

View attachment 42242
View attachment 42243
View attachment 42244View attachment 42245
Wow they sell it in Seneca Blue!! Carrera T is an amazing car. I tried to order one about 18 months ago (as a hedge in case Emira got shelved) but Porsche rep never called me back for a deposit. But I have to say, to the layman it doesn't look THAT much different than a 15 year old 911 parked a few spots away. I know it's arguably a much better car than the Emira but I just can't get past that. My Emira arrives Wednesday and will be one of the first (if not the first) to land in San Diego. I may be pulling my hair out down the road with quality issues but today I'm on Cloud Nine.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
At my age, I probably won't push either car to the limit plus I already have these two in the garage
IMG_6135.jpg

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the model year will change to 2025? Not sure how relevant this will be, but since I am still waiting on delivery, am I going to take possession of a vehicle that is already a model year old?
I’m interested in this too. Dealer doesn’t seem to know the answer. Is there normally a time in the year Lotus moves from one model year to another?

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Wow they sell it in Seneca Blue!! Carrera T is an amazing car. I tried to order one about 18 months ago (as a hedge in case Emira got shelved) but Porsche rep never called me back for a deposit. But I have to say, to the layman it doesn't look THAT much different than a 15 year old 911 parked a few spots away. I know it's arguably a much better car than the Emira but I just can't get past that. My Emira arrives Wednesday and will be one of the first (if not the first) to land in San Diego. I may be pulling my hair out down the road with quality issues but today I'm on Cloud Nine.
Congratulations! I agree with your perspective, but I kind of like the fact that 911 is more evolution than revolution. Revolution can also result in debacles like the G8X platform! Not sure it's a "much better car", I think the Emira will be a much better drivers car. Overall the package is a promised, a fantastic daily with great performance and all around capabilities. Love the Shark Blue paint; was lucky because the fun colors have all been discontinued in recent months.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
More Emiras arrived in NY on 4/26, only 6 for the US but 36 for Canada. Images below links to the tracking sheet where you'll find the VINs:

View attachment 42115

View attachment 42116
Holy shit, my VIN is in that Canadian shipment! Wow. So it only took 2 years, 9 months, and 16 days for this car to actually become real, if only on a spreadsheet (but an official government spreadsheet, at the very least!). Also, nice of somebody to finally throw us Canadians a bone. I think we only got something like 70 Emira allocations out of the initial offering, and so these 36 cars should help to clear that backlog. Hopefully they're all FE1.0 cars, which I think would only be fair at this point. :)

Also, a huge thank you to our MVP @Nova for doing the lord's work in this thread. He's the hero we need, but not the hero we deserve. 🙏

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 42242
View attachment 42243
911 T was also a car I considered. Just not possible to get one. Nice choice and color!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 42242
View attachment 42243
TLDR is Too Long Didn't Read. People seem anywhere from frustrated to happy to ecstatic. Some are having problems, some aren't. We have no idea about future versions, but so far it doesn't appear likely. It looks like all the V6 manual FE's both V1 and V2 have been built, and now production has moved over to automatics. Supposedly it's going to be V6 autos, i4 FE's, then base, but who knows?

Nice Porsche!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
TLDR is Too Long Didn't Read. People seem anywhere from frustrated to happy to ecstatic. Some are having problems, some aren't. We have no idea about future versions, but so far it doesn't appear likely. It looks like all the V6 manual FE's both V1 and V2 have been built, and now production has moved over to automatics. Supposedly it's going to be V6 autos, i4 FE's, then base, but who knows?

Nice Porsche!
Thanks! I meant what was TLDR version so I didn't have to read many pages! Seems I'll have a lot of time before I can order and get the Base! Shame some folks are having issues, is Lotus proactively addressing them?

Last edited:

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks! I meant what was TLDR version so I didn't have to read many pages! Seems I'll have ole toy if time before I can order and get the Base! Shame some folks are having issues, is Lotus proactively addressing them?
From what I've heard a number of cars are having issues w AC. Only blows cold oh High - not lower speeds. A Resistor/Capacitor that got exposed to water somehow? Easy fix I hear - just annoying. Also an issue with caliper wearing discs unevenly. Again supposedly due to being parked in elements for so long. Dealerships are fixing. Some earlier versions developed paint bubbles (Good God). Hoping only early models but 'we will see'. I think those are the most of the ones I've heard. Some people have had issues with cars flat out not starting for some reason. Or going into low-power limp mode. Some complaints of 'unusual transmission noises' which we are told are normal. Did I miss anything??

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
From what I've heard a number of cars are having issues w AC. Only blows cold oh High - not lower speeds. A Resistor/Capacitor that got exposed to water somehow? Easy fix I hear - just annoying. Also an issue with caliper wearing discs unevenly. Again supposedly due to being parked in elements for so long. Dealerships are fixing. Some earlier versions developed paint bubbles (Good God). Hoping only early models but 'we will see'. I think those are the most of the ones I've heard. Some people have had issues with cars flat out not starting for some reason. Or going into low-power limp mode. Some complaints of 'unusual transmission noises' which we are told are normal. Did I miss anything??
Nice summary! Some one off stuff like doors not opening too, but this doesn’t seem widespread.

Basically buying a Lotus is like rolling dice. Hope you don’t get snake eyes!

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's a resistor pack that have gone bad from sitting out in the open for the last few months while waiting for CARB, should not happen when the car is driven regularly. My dealer have to replace 4 out of the 20 cars they got last week. Luckily, mine seems to be working fine (keeping fingers crossed). I'm more worried about the paint bubbling as mine is a FE 1.0 before they went to an automatic painting setup.

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm more worried about the paint bubbling as mine is a FE 1.0 before they went to a automatic painting setup.
They are all painted exactly the same way. The bubbling issue relates to micro-fissures in the composite panel itself, not the paint. Which is why a respray is not an effective fix; the panel must be replaced entirely.

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m interested in this too. Dealer doesn’t seem to know the answer. Is there normally a time in the year Lotus moves from one model year to another?
I think we're getting close to that point.