USA/Canada Delivery Thread

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And total number of allocations and deliveries the dealer got, Naples has delivered quite a few but they had ~100 cars on the lot as they're the largest volume Lotus dealer in the world

Any idea how much "quite a few" is? Just trying to get a handle on if 5 deliveries a week (1 a day) or 25 deliveries a week would be typical for them.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
600 pages here we come! and some people (kitkat/nova) still do not have theirs! I really feel for the people that had their Emiras shipped to the USA in December and still have not gotten them.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Any idea how much "quite a few" is? Just trying to get a handle on if 5 deliveries a week (1 a day) or 25 deliveries a week would be typical for them.
There's 7 currently on their story on IG, mine just dropped off and it went out Friday

Pixelated816

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was in Nebraska a couple days ago driving East through I-80. Then I saw two open car hauler trucks going west, and I can tell the cars they were hauling were Emiras! They were covered in the white protective cover as I’ve seen in this forum. The two trucks were about an hour apart, each had 10 cars.

Seburke

Reaction score
As I posted earlier I saw my car in person at Lotus of Boston on Saturday. At the time I was looking for any issues including uneven rotor wear (learned to look for this on this forum). Sure enough, the left rear rotor wasn’t wearing properly and asked them to check it out. Was planning on getting my car this week but got an email today saying that Lotus was going to replace my brakes and they were waiting for parts. More waiting…..again!

sirringo

Reaction score
As I posted earlier I saw my car in person at Lotus of Boston on Saturday. At the time I was looking for any issues including uneven rotor wear (learned to look for this on this forum). Sure enough, the left rear rotor wasn’t wearing properly and asked them to check it out. Was planning on getting my car this week but got an email today saying that Lotus was going to replace my brakes and they were waiting for parts. More waiting…..again!
What’s the uneven brake wear issue? And it’s popping up even on delivery miles? Phew…

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
What’s the uneven brake wear issue? And it’s popping up even on delivery miles? Phew…

It's from the cars sitting out in the elements for months (usually at the port awaiting delivery). Quite a few early cars had fractured pads which resulted in noticeably uneven wear on the rotors. It's been well documented here.

pc368

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Another 49 cars have arrived in NJ on 4/20. However, one of the cars may not have made it onto the vessel. Will update if the actual number of cars received is 48. Image below links to the tracking sheet.

View attachment 41791
Hi, I thought the 4/20 date means the cars depart Liverpool on 4/20. My VIN is on your 4/6 list and I thought that meant it left Liverpool on 4/6, it would be a great surprise if I got it wrong and the car actually arrived on 4/6.

Last edited:

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Close to 50 in Dallas so far.
Which could be a reason Gator is being so quiet if they are slow-rolling deliveries. I'd love to know how many total they've delivered to the original deposit holders. I'm even seeing people buying Emiras from dealers who have them sitting on the lot for sale.

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
600 pages here we come! and some people (kitkat/nova) still do not have theirs! I really feel for the people that had their Emiras shipped to the USA in December and still have not gotten them.
"some people still do not have theirs" Sadly, I think we're in the majority! Mine arrive stateside in December and still not even a rough date when I can expect delivery.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
"some people still do not have theirs" Sadly, I think we're in the majority! Mine arrive stateside in December and still not even a rough date when I can expect delivery.
I still don't understand why you aren't talking to Lotus USA about this. There's absolutely no force on Earth that could get me to accept their "talk to your dealer" deflection. Lotus USA are the ones holding your car, the dealer is completely in the dark and powerless in this scenario.

Stop making this about Gator, and start making it about the warehouse in Michigan where your car is actually sitting, waiting on someone from Lotus USA to put it on a truck.

Seburke

Reaction score
Checked the rotors and the left rear wheel rotor was only showing caliper wear on about 2/3rds of its surface. Who knows how long the car sat out not moving in England, plus mine was one of the six or so Emiras that crossed the Atlantic to Newark in error on 12/30/23 and had to be sent back to England. The car has crossed the “Pond” 3 times`!

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you aren't talking to Lotus USA about this. There's absolutely no force on Earth that could get me to accept their "talk to your dealer" deflection. Lotus USA are the ones holding your car, the dealer is completely in the dark and powerless in this scenario.

Stop making this about Gator, and start making it about the warehouse in Michigan where your car is actually sitting, waiting on someone from Lotus USA to put it on a truck.
First, I didn't mention Gator in this comment.

Second, I disagree with your statement that the dealer is in the dark and powerless in this scenario. At minimum, they can communicate information about their deliveries, etc.

Third, Has reaching out to Lotus USA proven productive to anyone?

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey All,

I want to apologize if I've been too negative or repetitive in my posts about Gator.

Just to be clear, I don't have a problem with the things that are out of their (or any dealer's control), but I have a big problem with the things that are within their control - especially communication.

After quietly waiting for nearly three years, this recent push was an attempt to get their attention to make a positive change. If you've followed my posts, I've even offered to help them do this.

This has been an incredibly frustrating process for all of us and I can't believe we're almost in May and I still don't have any inkling whether I'll get my Emira next month or in six months. That might sound absurd, but think about the journey so far.

Regards, Peter

PS Pic of Dad and I at Gator reveal event when Allison was there before Tony.
2021 Emira event Indy BEST PIC.jpg

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Would I buy one myself? Well, not my cup of tea, but watching this thing evolve has certainly been entertaining. I hope everyone gets their rides soon.

May not be your cup of tea, but lives in your head rent free…

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi, I thought the 4/20 date means the cars depart Liverpool on 4/20. My VIN is on your 4/6 list and I thought that meant it left Liverpool on 4/6, it would be a great surprise if I got it wrong and the car actually arrived on 4/6.
The dates are arrivals in US ports. 🤗

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Naples is a disaster - in hindsight, ordering from a smaller dealer would have been better and faster. Naples is also delivering recent sales of vehicles whose original buyer pulled out, before they are delivering 2.5 year old orders...
Sheesh… let's hope they are at least delivering fully working cars. Some are delivering cars with serious issues, showing a lack of care.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Third, Has reaching out to Lotus USA proven productive to anyone?
It has for me! They are really nice people actually, just buried under a bunch of different competing priorities. If you are kind and pleasant, but firm in your desire to understand the process better, you may get information and cooperation that you hadn't expected.

If you don't get anywhere with one person, call back and use a different part of the phone tree. Eventually you'll get to someone who's willing to do or say more.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
During the doc signing process, I was offered a 7 year 70k extended warranty from Fidelity for $3995 with $250 deductible. They said that this has the same coverage as the lotus warranty except for all the wear and tear stuff (brakes, clutch etc). Has anyone purchased the extended warranty or has experience with Fidelity warranty? It sound like an OK deal since it is extending the original warranty by another 4 years and 34k miles. Would you guys go for this?
Be careful of those upsell guys. When got my car they tried to use language like 'it extends your factory warranty for so many years'. I asked them if it extended the FULL Lotus warranty. Then he eventually admitted it only covers the powertrain.
The one they offered me was thru Axiom though. The Fidelity (better it seems) link below does include some non powertrain stuff if you get Platinum plan. Prob not the 4k one