USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Watched the CFO video. Question - where can I buy one of those $76k Emira‘s advertised at the 2:40 mark?
The CFO video is shockingly bad. The guy is obviously reading from things that are being shown to him on the side. He does not convey any sense of expertise in terms of finance or the world wide automotive industry. He is likely someone from the mothership who was given this assignment because he kisses the right asses or knows someone in the leadership. The CFO is also a sales person of sorts when talking to investors. This guy has no charisma and no endearing quality. All his comments are robotic, monotone, and he appears nervous and out of sorts.

Whenever I see new IG or YT reels of Emira screaming "and it starts at $77k!" I cringe a little inside.

I dont want to be the werido in the coments "ACTUALLYYY! its... 105K !"
Yeah and it’s also annoying because when people will ask about the car and Google it , it still will show $76k to $95k when in fact it’s MUCH more than that after options, TT&L, dealers fees, destination fees etc… just annoying to pay over $120k for a car OTD and people are like “oh that’s that cheap sports car! It’s like $80 to $90k!! I should get one!”…. No it’s not … and good luck getting one! Actually you can and they will be available by March 12th…. Yeah … you go and do that… 🤣🤣

When I see friends or acquaintances pull up in a new $2/3/400k car I just shake my head.
I'm usually a braggart about how much I DIDN'T spend on a car.
It was the most appealing part of the Emira for me.
It WAS a bargain when first announced.
The price is still what I would consider reasonable. Just not a bargain.
It's still only one of two mid engine sports cars on the market available with a manual. That other brand just makes me yawn 🥱. Those are the Toyota Camry of sports cars. I am completely uninspired by them.

When I see friends or acquaintances pull up in a new $2/3/400k car I just shake my head.
I'm usually a braggart about how much I DIDN'T spend on a car.
It was the most appealing part of the Emira for me.
It WAS a bargain when first announced.
The price is still what I would consider reasonable. Just not a bargain.
It's still only one of two mid engine sports cars on the market available with a manual. That other brand just makes me yawn 🥱. Those are the Toyota Camry of sports cars. I am completely uninspired by them.
I am exited about picking up my Emira soon, but this is nothing to yawn at IMHO…..I might be biased😂
1708812057473.jpeg

The CFO video is shockingly bad. The guy is obviously reading from things that are being shown to him on the side. He does not convey any sense of expertise in terms of finance or the world wide automotive industry. He is likely someone from the mothership who was given this assignment because he kisses the right asses or knows someone in the leadership. The CFO is also a sales person of sorts when talking to investors. This guy has no charisma and no endearing quality. All his comments are robotic, monotone, and he appears nervous and out of sorts.
I agree... the CFO did not convey any confidence in what Lotus is planning. Very sad to see, especially after visiting the factory in Hethel and watching the passion those employees have for the brand. They are taking Lotus and diluting it. A disservice to its heritage IMO. The more than comes out about Lotus EV, the less impressed I am. Where is 2023 Lotus sales numbers?? It's a bit disheartening to see a CFO of any company during an IPO sound so aloof. #notacarguy

At the risk of making light of serious mental health issues, I can’t help but reflect upon some of the prescient elements here:

A lottttt of Emira's here, in every color but Zinc. (its actually silver in this video)

I"m not sure which city this is from

After owning seven different flavors they just don't excite me anymore.
They're everywhere around here.
I can see that as well, the Spyder is my first Porsche, so I might be still more exited😁. When comparing them back to back, the Emira handled better, more connected to the road, but power, responsiveness of a NA 4liter is just unparalleled. My Spyder is lightly tuned at ~465HP, so I certainly will have to look at the JUBU 440 option Soon, maybe the 460….
I think they will be perfect stable mates, Spyder and Coupe, NA and compressor………

I’m curious as to what to expect time wise from placing a deposit to locking in a build. This prob varies greatly over the past three years but anyone who’s done this in the last three months, I’d appreciate you sharing your experience. I recently placed my deposit with Eurocar in OC.

I’m curious as to what to expect time wise from placing a deposit to locking in a build. This prob varies greatly over the past three years but anyone who’s done this in the last three months, I’d appreciate you sharing your experience. I recently placed my deposit with Eurocar in OC.

for me
deposit: july 2023
confirmed 1st edition build last week, manufacturing started (4 months and 2 months to get it shipped here), 6 more month wait.

i might be the most recent person to get a build with such a late deposit

if you order now you should expect to wait at least a year if not more for a manual V6. if you want an auto its probably even longer. you can always get your deposit back if you change your mind, I figure you might as well get in line

It depends. Dealers get allocations and those allocations get assigned to clients. Some dealers get more, some get less. Some have more demand for their allotted allocations, some less. So your best bet is to start with your "most" local dealer and ask. Beyond that start working the phones and branching out to other dealers to see if they have any availability to backfill a customer who falls through.

I reached out to my two local dealers, Galpin and Eurocar. Moe from Galpin replied immediately and said he would touch base “soon” to discuss things in further detail regarding placing deposit. His assistant then reached out a week later asking if I needed further assistance to which I replied just interested in placing deposit, just wondering what paperwork needed to be done. He said Moe would reach out again but no contact from Galpin since, almost been a month since last call. Eurocar got back to me not too long after Galpin initially called me and immediately provided paperwork for deposit so I just went with them. I’m in no rush, still have a few months left on my C63 lease, going to buy the car, love it, powerful and easily modded, but def not nimble and only available in auto. I have an Evo X GSR that handles great, and can’t wait to compare it with the Emira. The Emira will def stand out compared to the other 2.

Deposit in July of ‘21. Second deposit with confirmed spec in August of ‘23.