US second dealer tour and demo cars

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does anyone know where these North American test cars are currently? Are the dealers sitting on them? Did they send them to get certified or crash tested or did they ship them to another country?

I would fly anywhere in the country to take another test drive this weekend.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does anyone know where these North American test cars are currently? Are the dealers sitting on them? Did they send them to get certified or crash tested or did they ship them to another country?

I would fly anywhere in the country to take another test drive this weekend.
According to my dealer in Bellevue...they won't be getting dealer demos. He said Lotus may be working on another tour like last year so people can experience them.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
According to my dealer in Bellevue...they won't be getting dealer demos. He said Lotus may be working on another tour like last year so people can experience them.
My dealership Sales Manager told me they are expecting their own test-drive Emira with auto trans and Touring suspension.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My dealership Sales Manager told me they are expecting their own test-drive Emira with auto trans and Touring suspension.
"Unfortunately it's unlikely we will have our Demo car here for customers to experience the car prior to choosing their production build. So Lotus USA is talking about having another driving experience in April or May, so more deposit holders can experience and learn about the car prior to placing their production order. If this does get scheduled by Lotus Cars USA, I will notifiy you so you have a chance to drive out and experinece the car."

Exact words. So ya, they may be getting a demo but who knows when.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
"Unfortunately it's unlikely we will have our Demo car here for customers to experience the car prior to choosing their production build. So Lotus USA is talking about having another driving experience in April or May, so more deposit holders can experience and learn about the car prior to placing their production order. If this does get scheduled by Lotus Cars USA, I will notifiy you so you have a chance to drive out and experinece the car."

Exact words. So ya, they may be getting a demo but who knows when.
"......unlikely we will have our Demo car here for customers to experience the car prior to choosing their production build."
Note the "we" in that sentence. That may not be inclusive of all dealerships in the US, and especially some of the larger ones. My time to choose my production build will most likely not be until late 2024, so chances are that what the Sales Manager told me about the test drive car they are purchasing is accurate. Your situation and dealership may be different.😏

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
"......unlikely we will have our Demo car here for customers to experience the car prior to choosing their production build."
Note the "we" in that sentence. That may not be inclusive of all dealerships in the US, and especially some of the larger ones. My time to choose my production build will most likely not be until late 2024, so chances are that what the Sales Manager told me about the test drive car they are purchasing is accurate. Your situation and dealership may be different.😏
Yes dealerships may very well be different. And if you are talking the end of 2024, then if hope to God the dealers would have something! Also, Bellevue IS one of the larger ones. I believe in the top 3.
I guess my point in the end is that nobody knows what's going to happen. Nothing is set in stone. Lotus doesn't even know what's happening from day to day, month to month.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes dealerships may very well be different. And if you are talking the end of 2024, then if hope to God the dealers would have something! Also, Bellevue IS one of the larger ones. I believe in the top 3.
I guess my point in the end is that nobody knows what's going to happen. Nothing is set in stone. Lotus doesn't even know what's happening from day to day, month to month.
It'd be nice to drive a manual and an automatic, as well as a touring and sport suspension. I guess I lost my chance to drive a sport suspension manual car. I may have to base my decision on one test drive and many comments and reviews.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It'd be nice to drive a manual and an automatic, as well as a touring and sport suspension. I guess I lost my chance to drive a sport suspension manual car. I may have to base my decision on one test drive and many comments and reviews.
In a "normal" experience, we probably would get to try at least a couple of those options. 🤣
I was awaiting a test drive to make the decision to stay or pull out. I missed the dealer demo last year, unfortunately, as I was expecting them to get one this spring based on what they had said. Really stinks!

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In a "normal" experience, we probably would get to try at least a couple of those options. 🤣
I was awaiting a test drive to make the decision to stay or pull out. I missed the dealer demo last year, unfortunately, as I was expecting them to get one this spring based on what they had said. Really stinks!
Same here; I missed the demo, last year but was told the dealership is hoping to have their own demo, this Spring.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was told at the test drive in December '22 that the dealer would have their demo car (stays at the dealer)around the time the very first customer cars arrive unfortunately. So that'll be Oct-Dec 23.

OneThreeOne

Reaction score
People are confusing Road Show Tour cars and Demo cars. As stated above, demos are on the same timeline as first batch customer cars. Demo cars are USA spec cars.

This added tour in April/May are Euro spec cars and will be touring the country like the last tour Fall/Winter last year.

JackSlack

Reaction score
Does the dealer in Wilmington have a demo car? I'm on the list at Charlotte but have yet to drive one, so wondering if the demo cars are making the rounds again. Got to sit in one in the UK back in Dec which prompted me to put down a deposit.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does the dealer in Wilmington have a demo car? I'm on the list at Charlotte but have yet to drive one, so wondering if the demo cars are making the rounds again. Got to sit in one in the UK back in Dec which prompted me to put down a deposit.
Hey Jack! They're scheduled to have a demo Emira NEXT weekend (March 25th) during their grand opening event. Here's a link and although it only mentions BMW motorcycles, you can RSVP here and then call the dealer and let them know you want on the list for a 30 minute Emira drive:

Here's their Lotus FB page:

I'll be headed there from Raleigh and plan to arrive around 10am or so. My drive is set for 11am.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Lotus or this dealer. Just a nascent aspiring Emira owner :)

Xroyalnavy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think they are also doing this on Friday 24th. Mine is set for 2PM on Saturday 25th. I’ve also put down my deposit and it’s for the $105k MSRP. I don’t know where this puts me on the list.

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've had my confirmed order deposit down for a almost a year, and the GM of Lotus Cape Fear confirmed my FE 1.0 will be the original msrp. I'm #6 at Lotus Cape Fear.

As noted above, they're having a grand opening next Saturday. I'll be there after work in the evening.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is there an Emira in North Carolina? I didn't realize that Emira's were still touring the states.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There were TWO Emiras at Cape Fear Lotus in Wilmington last Saturday. I met up with 5-6 other forum members there and we all test drove a Nimbus grey Emira. Was a good time!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm scheduled to be the first at my dealer to test their Magma Red demo on Tuesday 4/18.

However, I found this bit interesting.... 🤨

Screenshot_20230330_094346.jpg

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm scheduled to be the first at my dealer to test their Magma Red demo on Tuesday 4/18.

However, I found this bit interesting.... 🤨

View attachment 24413
So odd.... This isn't a prototype never seen before. I really don't understand why Lotus insist on being difficult at everything.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
So odd.... This isn't a prototype never seen before. I really don't understand why Lotus insist on being difficult at everything.

Who knows? I just got this response from my dealer when I asked about it...

these guidelines came directly from Lotus & we were asked to adhere to them. That is all the information we have, unfortunately.

I'm guessing the interior is in rough shape already or they are tired of people sticking GoPros inside and/or asking the rep riding shotgun to film.