Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Believe it or not, a buddy of mine prefers the fake noise, even he has the exact same straight pipe setup and ecu tune as mineI am so happy this helped a lot of you...this was seriously a dark sticking point when I first got my Emira, enough to make me consider selling it (!) glad it got sorted I couldn't imagine living with that sound
I am really eager to hear what kind of benefit the stock system has without the need to create the exhaust and engine noise especially in Sport/Track mode.
Instead of just cutting it - add in an inline switch.I want to snip the wire as well... But in the event I want to reconnect it in the future, how do you reconnect snipped wires?
I used this and took the wire out from this “bridge”I want to snip the wire as well... But in the event I want to reconnect it in the future, how do you reconnect snipped wires?
Instead of just cutting it - add in an inline switch.
A better alternative to cutting it, is de-pining it.I want to snip the wire as well... But in the event I want to reconnect it in the future, how do you reconnect snipped wires?
Strip it back 1/4 inch. Twist tougher or just add a toggle switch.I want to snip the wire as well... But in the event I want to reconnect it in the future, how do you reconnect snipped wires?
It would mean cutting the wire and soldering in a switch between the cut ends.Does that require snipping the wire? Or just pulling it? Sorry I never had experience with electrical and just want to make sure I don’t make a costly mistake.
I don’t think it is placebo. If I turn on the KEF with the car off, the sound is noticeably better than while driving. The bass seems muddy to me while driving. I suspect that the pumped in noise is taking up too much bandwidth from the KEF system. Shame, because I don’t think the KEF is that bad. I think a software update could fix this. My M4 had the ability to turn off BMW’s piped in sound with a button and you could hear the difference in engine /exhaust noise in the cabin but it seemed to impact the HK sound system less so than the KEF in the Emira. It is like the Emira’s piped in sounds are taking too much prominence over music. If Lotus could update the balance of piped in noise with music being played, I personally would just leave it alone.Job done, and definitely an improvement, in both audio quality, and quietness in the car. (good for us over 60's)
I opted to use the solution proposed by Milk242, as I found this to be the most elegant and 100% reversible. The bypass cable was purchase from the Chinese express site, The fourth cable (green and blue) was cut and fitted with bullet connectors to ensure no contact with other components.
Disconnected the original and inserted the bypass.
Road test is positive, it could be a placebo effect, but I do not think so.
A temporary/permanent modification that is well worth while, and takes the boy racer out of the car.
View attachment 75022View attachment 75023View attachment 75024
Ok there's a tiny chance I'm wrong but...mind is kind of blown. My 2024 Dec I4 is playing very loud, synthetic pumped in sound through the stock system. My audio installer and I have been pulling out hair out trying to figure out where this ground loop is coming from. Doing a basic Audison upgrade, separates, powered subwoofer. Ok, engine off all good ...engine on, the sub starts rumbling.
Went for a drive to test, the door speakers are low cut crossed over, and when switched into Sport mode they are almost blowing out from the signal. Super fake, rumbly exhaust and engine noise that is way louder than what is actually happening with the car. And made 100X worse if you amplify the stock signal.
So. Anyone know how to get rid of this incredibly annoying sound? There's no option to turn off in the OS. I'll ask the dealer tech tomorrow. I HOPE it's some random installation error and a ground loop but I'm not crazy. Will pull the fuse on the amp in a sec and drive around again....whoa what a collosal idiotic thing to do. Does the AMG A45 S pipe in fake noise?
*SOLVED later in thread*