• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Unicorn v6 auto has landed

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
    Featured
Small Front Plate fitted. Looks much better.

The plinth had to be cut both sides.

Has been fitted as high as possible in the plinth to be able to see the lower lip

Wanted to stick in the front grill, but the dealer did not recommend it, to allow proper air intake.

IMG_5558.jpeg

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Big brother (2006 DB9) still looks fresh after total repaint in original black and ceramic coating

IMG_4874.jpeg

IMG_5561.jpeg

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And this is how British industry has evolved in keys design:
2006 DB9
2016 Range Rover
2023 Lotus Emira

IMG_5566.jpeg

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes this should be reserved for making sure it’s in neutral
At the end you get used to it very quickly.

I remember having a Nissan Patrol back in ´85 and the manual gearshift was totally upside down, 1st gear was left down.
And even worse, changing from a Honda to a Ducati 350 Forza, also in the Eighties, and gear shift moved from left foot to right foot. That really took some adapting.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@Bilbao-Emira Have you done a write up yet on the auto box? Seems a while since you're delivery so not sure if i've missed it in another thread.

Looking forward to hearing if it's up to standard.

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Bilbao-Emira Have you done a write up yet on the auto box? Seems a while since you're delivery so not sure if i've missed it in another thread.

Looking forward to hearing if it's up to standard.
I did comment briefly on this thread.

Although I have only covered 1.800 kms, and not pushed over 4.000 revs, what I feel for sure compared to Evora 410 Sport is:

1. Gear shifts feel faster.
2. Transition between shifts in Auto mode is smoother.
3. Downshifts in Auto/Sport Mode make a nice burble from exhaust, specially from 3rd to 2nd gear.
4. Upshifts without lifting the accelerator pedal are more natural, no jump in the box, this is a big step up from Evora
5. I personally forget about the shifter most of the time, and drive it in full manual, except in the city.
6. The paddles are responsive and great feeling, like good quality metal.
7. I believe all the above is due to a better software management, not that the one in Evora was bad.

In conclusion, this is one of the areas where I believe Emira is an Evora dialed to 11.

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2.000 kms done. NO ISSUES. 🤞

Nice sunny Sunday. Went for a trip North of Spain, mountain roads.

Stop for lunch, a nice lechazo (baby lamb)

Still careful, but started reving to 5.000 rpms and sometimes 6.000. As in the Evora, amazing how beautiful it sounds after 4.500, but a more refined sound.

New road for me, amazed about the grip and the positioning in the turns.

Full manual mode, to control not over-reving in downshifts.

Took a few videos, I will post:

Emira Mountain 1 and 2 with Go Pro. The sound is crap, nothing compared to what you feel inside the car.
Emira Mountain 3 is done with iPhone, the sound is more representative, but my copilot tends to jump a lot 🤪

Sorry for not being professional, but I thought you might like them, even if it's only for the scenery.

Also bunch of pictures on the way

Enjoy!

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
2.000 kms done. NO ISSUES. 🤞

Nice sunny Sunday. Went for a trip North of Spain, mountain roads.

Stop for lunch, a nice lechazo (baby lamb)

Still careful, but started reving to 5.000 rpms and sometimes 6.000. As in the Evora, amazing how beautiful it sounds after 4.500, but a more refined sound.

New road for me, amazed about the grip and the positioning in the turns.

Full manual mode, to control not over-reving in downshifts.

Took a few videos, I will post:

Emira Mountain 1 and 2 with Go Pro. The sound is crap, nothing compared to what you feel inside the car.
Emira Mountain 3 is done with iPhone, the sound is more representative, but my copilot tends to jump a lot 🤪

Sorry for not being professional, but I thought you might like them, even if it's only for the scenery.

Also bunch of pictures on the way

Enjoy!
Awesome. Looks like you have access to some great scenic routes on which to enjoy your Emira. I feel equally fortunate to be close to some great mountain and canyon routes here in Southern California. Now all I need is an Emira with which to enjoy them. Keep the reports coming.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Loving the blips. Aw yiss.
Looks like a great bit of road.

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Awesome. Looks like you have access to some great scenic routes on which to enjoy your Emira. I feel equally fortunate to be close to some great mountain and canyon routes here in Southern California. Now all I need is an Emira with which to enjoy them. Keep the reports coming.
Thanks, definitely great drives over here, and good food too!

Hang in there, it's worth the wait!

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As you said, beautiful scenery and great roads for enjoying the car the way it was intended to be driven. Makes me wonder what those who are less fortunate in terms of access to such drives do when they want to want to take their cars for a scenic spin.

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As you said, beautiful scenery and great roads for enjoying the car the way it was intended to be driven. Makes me wonder what those who are less fortunate in terms of access to such drives do when they want to want to take their cars for a scenic spin.
I guess wit this car, they can still look at it in the garage and enjoy it. It's such a beautiful piece of design as well!