UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry if this is known by everyone apart from me!... I have just got a confirm your configuration email for my i4 order. It says that checkout happens once the car is built. Am I correct in thinking that the deal is not final until I do the checkout? So I could cancel up to that point if I have a change of heart? I certainly want to test drive an i4 before committing as well.
Thanks!
In the UK, yes…..!

SteveJohnson

Reaction score
My car has had a visit to my service centre for them to assess issues with my car.
For all - be very careful on home delivery; I had ceramic coating applied prior to delivery and in a couple of places its bloomed and rough, like an overspray - not impressed. Next problem on the transporter they strapped it down so hard that it pushed the driver side black cill up so much that when the idiot opened the drivers door it took off the paint (cill now needs repainting). Rear boot lid is so badly aligned in all directions it would not shut and gaps all over the place? Then the carpet issue in the corners, passenger side is dreadful so bad they they think it all needs to be replace completely. Three showroom cars next to me are perfect??
PDI my arse - pick up from dealer or Hethal
Bear in mind that it's the same outfit as We Buy Any Car/Cinch, so you can imagine their quality ethos.... Cars to dealers will go out by professional transport direct from Hethel. I can't understand how they've managed to damage the sill by strapping - they should strap longitudinally over the tyres and then the body is not affected in any way. Over-the-tyre strapping is how it's done by people who know what they're doing.

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My car has had a visit to my service centre for them to assess issues with my car.
For all - be very careful on home delivery; I had ceramic coating applied prior to delivery and in a couple of places its bloomed and rough, like an overspray - not impressed. Next problem on the transporter they strapped it down so hard that it pushed the driver side black cill up so much that when the idiot opened the drivers door it took off the paint (cill now needs repainting). Rear boot lid is so badly aligned in all directions it would not shut and gaps all over the place? Then the carpet issue in the corners, passenger side is dreadful so bad they they think it all needs to be replace completely. Three showroom cars next to me are perfect??
PDI my arse - pick up from dealer or Hethal
How the hell did that even get out the factory?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bear in mind that it's the same outfit as We Buy Any Car/Cinch, so you can imagine their quality ethos.... Cars to dealers will go out by professional transport direct from Hethel. I can't understand how they've managed to damage the sill by strapping - they should strap longitudinally over the tyres and then the body is not affected in any way. Over-the-tyre strapping is how it's done by people who know what they're doing.
Cars to dealers go via BCA too. Hence why dealers have been tearing their hair out about rectifying issues on cars that are supposed to be delivered to them PDI'd and ready to hand over to customers.

I know one dealer who was so embarrassed about the poor standard of ceramic coating done by BCA that they worked through the night to strip if off and re-do it properly rather than postpone the customer handover.

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well thats my mind made up then. Dealer delivery and the only thing from the Lotus Protect I may go for is the gap insurance. Not convinced the dealer would kick up a fuss with BCA/Lotus but at least its another pair of eyes to potentially flag things. If its bad, I wont be driving it home.

After the stories of Lotus letting the paint air cure to save money I was thinking of running it for a few months before booking it in to be corrected and PPF'd anyway.

Russc

Reaction score
I`ve been trying to get through to Customer care since Wednesday and seriously losing the will to live. No response to emails and calls just sit in a Q with their automated call-back not working either.

I am, or was, due a I4 build in November and need to find out when the deposit becomes non refundable as i don`t want to go through the configurator and commit it now only to find the build date kicked down the road for another 6 months again.

Also interested in changing colour and what effect that might have but that`s not important at the moment.

Tried webchat but they said i need to speak with C/care.

So, does anyone know, officially, when the deposits become non-refundable? That`s my main question and the one stopping me from confirming my build.

Thanks in advance.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
I`ve been trying to get through to Customer care since Wednesday and seriously losing the will to live. No response to emails and calls just sit in a Q with their automated call-back not working either.

I am, or was, due a I4 build in November and need to find out when the deposit becomes non refundable as i don`t want to go through the configurator and commit it now only to find the build date kicked down the road for another 6 months again.

Also interested in changing colour and what effect that might have but that`s not important at the moment.

So, does anyone know, officially, when the deposits become non-refundable? That`s my main question and the one stopping me from confirming my build.

Thanks in advance.
Refundable up until checkout I believe. The deposits are a "priority reservation fee" which gives no guarantee of supply by Lotus and no commitment to purchase by customer.

SteveJohnson

Reaction score
Cars to dealers go via BCA too. Hence why dealers have been tearing their hair out about rectifying issues on cars that are supposed to be delivered to them PDI'd and ready to hand over to customers.

I know one dealer who was so embarrassed about the poor standard of ceramic coating done by BCA that they worked through the night to strip if off and re-do it properly rather than postpone the customer handover.
I believe that's been stopped now, Tom: BCA will be doing only the home deliveries, but perhaps they have a backlog of dealer deliveries.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Thanks in advance.
Assuming it’s the same process as for V6 FE then UK deposit is still refundable until checkout and you sign the purchase contract.

Spec is locked in earlier, and it’s often unclear when that is and hence changes after that point cause a delay. Sounds like they’ve already told you you’re at the point of locking in spec.

• Useful
Reactions: ADC

DAMOH

Reaction score
I received my checkout email on 28 March with slightly wrong spec. Have been banging head against a brick wall trying to resolve with customer service for the past 2 mths and now on the verge of cancelling. Is there anyone at Lotus we can escalate this with or stuck with customer service?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Have sent you a message with info on who to escalate it to.

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I got my enhance and protect email on 2nd of May, spoke with Lotus on the phone directly today, told the car is going into production (today allegedly) I will get a check out email in 2 weeks time and then collection is up to 30 days from check out (so the June collection, may be July now given the timeframes (its price promise locked in) so that's one plus point

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi all,

So, I have finally come to the end of my Mercedes agreement, and have to get rid of my current car next week. I am supposed to be checking out this month so I can pick up my Emira next month… so far, no checkout email!

Has anyone else gotten the checkout mail for a UK auto this month? I’m starting to get concerned that Lotus have gone off making i4’s and I’ll be pushed again. I cannot go months without a car, or in this case wait indefinitely until lotus thinks it’s in their interest to sell me a car, so will have to cancel and get something else. Other emails to me seem to drop in the first few days of the month, so I assumed checkout would have arrived last week…

Cheers.
@action_turtle
You and others might find the below useful.....

Enhance Protect email 2nd of May
Checkout email 25th of May
Identity check 1st June
Final Invoice 2nd June
Delivery 12th June (To Dealer)

I didn't hang around and moved fast on every email, it's seems things are moving faster now. (Mine also a V6 Auto)

GregD

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know if this is possible? For those of us in the UK with a late July/August build-slot, is it possible to request Lotus register the car on/after 1st Sept rather than just before (on the assumption the build might just be completed prior to 1st Sept)? Just thinking of residuals considering the '73' plate kicks-in from 1st Sept.
Thanks.

GregD

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,

Apparently, my UK V6 is due to go into Production late July/Aug (*cough* let's see if that remains true *cough*), however, I have a question regarding the registration of the vehicle. Does anyone know if it's possible / have in the past requested Lotus slightly delay the actual registration of the vehicle? Just thinking if it's completed just prior to end of August then would make sense to register it on/just after 1st Sept (73 plate instead of 23) to possibly aid residuals (?). Not sure if anyone has come across this before so thought I'd ask. After waiting such a long time, seems criminal to possibly consider a self inflicted further delay :)
Thanks.

M100man

Reaction score
Hi All,

Apparently, my UK V6 is due to go into Production late July/Aug (*cough* let's see if that remains true *cough*), however, I have a question regarding the registration of the vehicle. Does anyone know if it's possible / have in the past requested Lotus slightly delay the actual registration of the vehicle? Just thinking if it's completed just prior to end of August then would make sense to register it on/just after 1st Sept (73 plate instead of 23) to possibly aid residuals (?). Not sure if anyone has come across this before so thought I'd ask. After waiting such a long time, seems criminal to possibly consider a self inflicted further delay :)
Thanks.
I had this with my car was supposed to pick it up from the factory in February. They delayed it until March for me but not without quite a few people having to get involved to make that decision on their side . Also many calls back and forth to LCC. Good luck !

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,

Thanks.
My experience of dealing with LCC re dates has been extraordinarily difficult. I’ve wanted to alter my date due to having a hip replacement, but trying to get accurate information and a resolution has been a right royal PITA.
It’s now sorted, but not to my satisfaction- I just gave in at the end. Beaten to a pulp by a corporate enterprise who seem disconnected from production and internally flawed.

However, as the Americans would say, YMMV, so go for it!

Razz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time posting so please forgive me if this is in the wrong thread.

I recently spoke to lotus who have said that my car has been in production since June even though I was told a couple of months ago I would have to wait till Q2 of 2024. (Ordered on April 2022)

I’m super excited but they couldn’t give me a lead time of any sorts. Does any one have a rough idea how long it will be?

Thanks.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If it’s a June build it should be a July delivery.

Mine was roughly 6 weeks from my enhance protect email.