U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

GatorMotorsport

Reaction score
Is it too late to order the v6 FE? I just sent an inquiry to the lotus dealerships in socal and am waiting to hear back.
All First Edition V6 Emira orders were placed between March-June of this year. Any orders moving forward will be for a 'Base' V6, First Edition AMG I4, or 'Base' AMG I4.

We're Lotus of Indianapolis & proud to be one of the most honest/fair dealerships in the network.. If there's any funny business with your local dealer ($ mark-ups, non-refundable reservation deposits, allocations to the highest bidder, etc.), then give us a call at (317) 245-6312 or email [email protected].

- Tony P.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone else notice this update on the USA website? Q2 2023 for FE? I thought production started January 2023 and first deliveries in March 2023 as a 2024MY?
View attachment 8801
Yep, website was updated on Sep 9/22 for all regions. N/A is as you stated. It’s the never ending journey, without an Emira.

20BACC83-EA81-440B-AF63-B45EC19DF4B4.jpeg

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You spelled Sh!t Sh0w wrong…

#ForTheDisaster*
I’m starting to think the folks who pulled their deposits and dropped out were the smart ones. I’ve been locked in since April and now I’ll be lucky if my car arrives in time for summer 2023, 2 full years since my initial deposit. WTF are all the people in the factory DOING all day? Another week passes and the number of delivered cars can be counted on one hand. Meanwhile the stock market is melting down and $100k toys are sure not seeming like the great idea they were last year. Rant over.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m starting to think the folks who pulled their deposits and dropped out were the smart ones. I’ve been locked in since April and now I’ll be lucky if my car arrives in time for summer 2023, 2 full years since my initial deposit. WTF are all the people in the factory DOING all day? Another week passes and the number of delivered cars can be counted on one hand. Meanwhile the stock market is melting down and $100k toys are sure not seeming like the great idea they were last year. Rant over.
Lotus' last two new vehicle launches unfortunately were during economic hard times. 2009 for Evora and now Eletre and Emira during one of the worst manufacturing supply chain issues and the first war in Europe since WW2. Tough job. It has been a slow moving process that is for sure, I'm not sure how much they could have avoided. Emira was being developed pre-pandemic and now it is launching post-pandemic. A different world 2/3 years later.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
We have a railroad strike happening very soon in the US... that'll really make the supply chain a mess here. Prices of nearly everything will be going up again.

vantage

Reaction score

Factory workers cannot be blamed IMO. I just pulled my Emira deposit and decided to stick with my 981 GT4 until Lotus comes out with a more "hardcore" Emira, which admittedly could be never or at least many years down the line.

My reasons:
1) Despite putting my deposit down at my dealer on July 1, 2021 (before it was even revealed), my California dealer said that it was not early enough for a FE. Promised me the first base car at MSRP.

2) Having the FE is actually not important to me at all, so initially I was okay with this, thinking the base car would arrive in early 2023 per the dealer's promise. Now I am skeptical of getting a base car in 2023 at all. Looking at over 2 years from reveal to getting a car, even though I must have been relatively early amongst all the deposits in the world. Not Lotus's fault per se, but it is what it is. Combination of Lotus delay and dealer skipping me.

3) Selling GT4 and buying Emira is probably a net $20k transaction by the time sales tax, etc. are paid. Not looking for an every day car, so seems like a lateral move at best in that sense. Emira does have better chassis fundamentals, gear ratios, and of course, looks.

4) The daily livability of the Evora is not important to me and prefer Porsche engines to the Emira V6. So to compensate for that, would like to see an Emira with more focused seats, suspension, etc. which I think will come with time.

I feel bad for Lotus, they had so much momentum after the Emira launch. But I think once cars land, a lot will be forgiven, they just have to keep customers happy with the after-sales support.

It's not like other marques like Porsche have been totally unaffected by the supply chain, but there are a lot of used Porsches available for those that cannot wait, but that is not true of the Emira.

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Factory workers cannot be blamed IMO. I just pulled my Emira deposit and decided to stick with my 981 GT4 until Lotus comes out with a more "hardcore" Emira, which admittedly could be never or at least many years down the line.

My reasons:
1) Despite putting my deposit down at my dealer on July 1, 2021 (before it was even revealed), my California dealer said that it was not early enough for a FE. Promised me the first base car at MSRP.

2) Having the FE is actually not important to me at all, so initially I was okay with this, thinking the base car would arrive in early 2023 per the dealer's promise. Now I am skeptical of getting a base car in 2023 at all. Looking at over 2 years from reveal to getting a car, even though I must have been relatively early amongst all the deposits in the world. Not Lotus's fault per se, but it is what it is. Combination of Lotus delay and dealer skipping me.

3) Selling GT4 and buying Emira is probably a net $20k transaction by the time sales tax, etc. are paid. Not looking for an every day car, so seems like a lateral move at best in that sense. Emira does have better chassis fundamentals, gear ratios, and of course, looks.

4) The daily livability of the Evora is not important to me and prefer Porsche engines to the Emira V6. So to compensate for that, would like to see an Emira with more focused seats, suspension, etc. which I think will come with time.

I feel bad for Lotus, they had so much momentum after the Emira launch. But I think once cars land, a lot will be forgiven, they just have to keep customers happy with the after-sales support.

It's not like other marques like Porsche have been totally unaffected by the supply chain, but there are a lot of used Porsches available for those that cannot wait, but that is not true of the Emira.
The dealer situation over here is pretty bad. It is one of the biggest down sides to Lotus, especially in N/A.

Reactions: vdr

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
To clarify, of course I don’t blame the factory workers. I blame the management for not proactively solving bottlenecks that have been obvious for over a year. If you’re continuously getting blindsided, maybe you’re not keeping your head up enough and planning.