• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Type 132 Reveal March 29

Less than a week away, does anybody know if this will be an event at a set time which can be viewed online? Or will it just be a random e-mail and update online? I’d like to block off the time if it will be a live event. Thanks!

OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The email they sent out said 19:30 GMT (UK)
Thanks so much! Gotta love their comms lol. I’m in Canada and on every mailing list and have deposit down and didn’t get that info. Same thing with my Emira, I said I wanted to buy one on reveal day and wasn’t contacted til a week after which is why I won’t get an FE :/. Reason I was so aggressive getting the 132 deposit down!

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks so much! Gotta love their comms lol. I’m in Canada and on every mailing list and have deposit down and didn’t get that info. Same thing with my Emira, I said I wanted to buy one on reveal day and wasn’t contacted til a week after which is why I won’t get an FE :/. Reason I was so aggressive getting the 132 deposit down!
If I get any more emails before 29th I'll post them on here for you

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Latest render off instagram. Could be reasonably close given its based on the leaked 3D model.

type-132-render.png

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It's like every SUV in one. Chevy Blazer, Lambo Urus, Hyundai something....hope the actual is better.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This doesn't look at all like it was designed by the same team that did the Evija and Emira. Is this a Chinese design? Why do the body sides need to be so high, yet the windows are so narrow in height? This reminds of the bunker slot look they did to the Camaro after the first 5th gen model. I didn't like it at all, and it hurt Camaro sales. From the outside, people thought the car looked cramped inside. It wasn't that bad from the inside, but that was the perception and perception is reality in the marketplace.

All these new SUV designs the manufacturers are producing just look all wrong to me. Just from looking at what they're all designing, it seems they think the 'sport' in Sport Utility Vehicle means speed and racetrack sports. It doesn't. It means off-road sports. They seem to be completely pushing aside the Utility aspect. The new Ineos Grenadier is a much better design for being a true SUV.

Lotus; give us a beautiful, elegant, truly British design SUV that doesn't look like it's from a Transformer movie. Get away from the angular anime robotic look. Give us the smooth, flowing language style of the Evija and Emira. The best part is that sweeping smooth shape above the front that the headlights mess up. The rest of it? Meh.

I'm sure once the vehicle is released, there'll be a 3D model available of it, so I'll probably get that and see what I can do with the styling.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have a deposit down on the Type 132 and i'm really looking forward to the reveal on Tuesday night at 19:30pm.

However I'm not overly impressed with the renders we have seen so far and I know its hard to tell without seeing the car in the flesh. Speaking to different people who have already seen the car they are all saying its the best SUV they have ever seen.

I remember the Lamborghini Urus launch, so many pre deposits were pulled back after that event as people didn't like it. It just so happens that a lot of them have now regretted that decision as it has held its value so well and is super popular.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am the same. Deposit down
I have a deposit down on the Type 132 and i'm really looking forward to the reveal on Tuesday night at 19:30pm.

However I'm not overly impressed with the renders we have seen so far and I know its hard to tell without seeing the car in the flesh. Speaking to different people who have already seen the car they are all saying its the best SUV they have ever seen.

I remember the Lamborghini Urus launch, so many pre deposits were pulled back after that event as people didn't like it. It just so happens that a lot of them have now regretted that decision as it has held its value so well and is super popular.
and

I am the same. Deposit down and looking forward to Tuesday. Looking for it to replace my Range Rover Sport and want a SUV EV. If Lotus get it the price, look right with high spec with family space and is ready for end of year I think it will be a major hit specially with the tax benefits when buying under a LTD company (a major reason why there are so many Porsche Taycan about). Only EV SUV out currently are EQC (to small and not in league) & Etron (looks old and to much money for what it is) but coming is EQS SUV, Polster 3, XC90 EV & Macan EV. If the Type 132 is going to be around 100k im going to go for EQS SUV. If under 100k then Type 132 all the way

Reactions: DJS

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

and

I am the same. Deposit down and looking forward to Tuesday. Looking for it to replace my Range Rover Sport and want a SUV EV. If Lotus get it the price, look right with high spec with family space and is ready for end of year I think it will be a major hit specially with the tax benefits when buying under a LTD company (a major reason why there are so many Porsche Taycan about). Only EV SUV out currently are EQC (to small and not in league) & Etron (looks old and to much money for what it is) but coming is EQS SUV, Polster 3, XC90 EV & Macan EV. If the Type 132 is going to be around 100k im going to go for EQS SUV. If under 100k then Type 132 all the way
exactly the same here. Might replace my Range Rover SVR sometime in 2023.

KusaKusa

Reaction score
Type 132 was designed by Lotus Tech Creative Centre, located in Warwickshire and led by Ben Payne. They design the Lotus lifestyle vehicles. Lotus Cars design is led by Russel Carr and they design the sports cars, including Evija, Emira, and the upcoming Type 135. Both report to Peter Horbury.

In general with design and tech, I'm not sure why Lotus Cars is redundant with Lotus Tech in Germany and China. Maybe it's to maintain their autonomy, own final calls prioritizing sports cars, and still allow them to use what they need from the greater group without being forced to.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

and

Thinking the same to replace my wife’s RR velar. We had a deposit down for a Tesla Model Y but they messed around on part ex valuations (thought it was too good to me true with the offer !). She has her own LTD company so tax benefits we’ve heard are attractive. Are you registering in the company name Vs own name as don’t really understand if possible and whether even more finally attractive?

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thinking the same to replace my wife’s RR velar. We had a deposit down for a Tesla Model Y but they messed around on part ex valuations (thought it was too good to me true with the offer !). She has her own LTD company so tax benefits we’ve heard are attractive. Are you registering in the company name Vs own name as don’t really understand if possible and whether even more finally attractive?
I just sold my iPace and had view of going with the Y .... But I just don't like the look of it. Ended up ordering a Polestar to try the brand.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I just sold my iPace and had view of going with the Y .... But I just don't like the look of it. Ended up ordering a Polestar to try the brand.
Nice, yes having seen them in the flesh they don’t look great. Model 3 a possibility as suspect the Lotus could be expensive

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I had an XC40 Recharge ultimate for four days and was impressed with the fit and finish, plus the performance was good too.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The Model Y is another one of those vehicles that is just ugly and disproportionate from a number of angles. When we bought our Model 3 Performance we looked at the Y in the flesh, side by side. Both me and my wife agreed it was not a good looking vehicle and I’m being nice when I say that. Quite honestly, it almost rises to Pontiac Aztec level ugly……

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has to be in company name