Delivery news from Australia

Helpful and honest communication from Lotus Cars Australia. Not the news we wanted to hear but I greatly appreciate being kept informed.

Following on from our last communication in June which included a video message from Lotus Cars Managing Director, Matt Windle, I want to update you further on your order timing. In the video, Matt shared details around the delays being dealt with at the time.

While I am pleased to advise that production of Australian cars commenced this week, the global supply chain has not improved to the levels originally forecast and the production catch back plan that was in place at the time is no longer possible to achieve. Consequently, less Emiras will be built in 2022 than originally planned.

To provide you with some timing guidance, the Emira V6 First Edition manual orders will be delayed, on average, four months from our original build timing. If your order has an automatic transmission, unfortunately the delay is circa six months.

V6 First Edition production will now run into 2023, which will have a knock on effect for the I4 First Edition and Base Edition cars, with production of these now planned to commence from mid 2023.

In addition, the original prioritised sequence of build is also much changed. The volatile supply chain has led to complete car sets of individual specifications arriving out of sequence and the factory must build to the parts they have available at the time, while protecting the high-quality standards Lotus have set themselves.

I want to apologise for the delays and thank you for your patience while we work through the complex issues with the factory. I know it has not been easy for you. The volatile parts supply schedule has necessitated near continuous revisions of the production schedule which has led to periods of time with minimal updates on your order, which I appreciate has been frustrating.

Per my previous communication, you will be advised when your car goes into production and again when it is loaded to ship.

Until you get to drive your Emira, I wish you well and thank you again for your patience.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Very transparent with no BS. Not the news anyone wanted but we all would rather deal with facts than ambiguity.

As I’ve said before, the local Aussie Lotus team has been great. The only missing piece of info would have been to have added an estimated delivery month (as per the UK updates) but maybe they don’t really know yet.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Helpful and honest communication from Lotus Cars Australia. Not the news we wanted to hear but I greatly appreciate being kept informed.

Following on from our last communication in June which included a video message from Lotus Cars Managing Director, Matt Windle, I want to update you further on your order timing. In the video, Matt shared details around the delays being dealt with at the time.

While I am pleased to advise that production of Australian cars commenced this week, the global supply chain has not improved to the levels originally forecast and the production catch back plan that was in place at the time is no longer possible to achieve. Consequently, less Emiras will be built in 2022 than originally planned.

To provide you with some timing guidance, the Emira V6 First Edition manual orders will be delayed, on average, four months from our original build timing. If your order has an automatic transmission, unfortunately the delay is circa six months.

V6 First Edition production will now run into 2023, which will have a knock on effect for the I4 First Edition and Base Edition cars, with production of these now planned to commence from mid 2023.

In addition, the original prioritised sequence of build is also much changed. The volatile supply chain has led to complete car sets of individual specifications arriving out of sequence and the factory must build to the parts they have available at the time, while protecting the high-quality standards Lotus have set themselves.

I want to apologise for the delays and thank you for your patience while we work through the complex issues with the factory. I know it has not been easy for you. The volatile parts supply schedule has necessitated near continuous revisions of the production schedule which has led to periods of time with minimal updates on your order, which I appreciate has been frustrating.

Per my previous communication, you will be advised when your car goes into production and again when it is loaded to ship.

Until you get to drive your Emira, I wish you well and thank you again for your patience.
Don’t even know what they mean by original plan. 4 months delay from what June? 6 Months delay from for automatic? All a bit vague to be honest. Which is a Lotus head office thing, don’t tell your dealers enough to share. Anyways it comes when it comes, unfortunately our deposit is non refundable, otherwise I would have walked by now.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Thanks for sharing an excellent example of a sincere and articulate communication. You get an immediate sense there was a concern for the care and feeding of the customer.

OP
kbhoz

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Don’t even know what they mean by original plan. 4 months delay from what June? 6 Months delay from for automatic? All a bit vague to be honest. Which is a Lotus head office thing, don’t tell your dealers enough to share. Anyways it comes when it comes, unfortunately our deposit is non refundable, otherwise I would have walked by now.
I am presuming June (I have earlier sought clarification from Richard). So based on this info and being #12 on the delivery list I am expecting Feb 23.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am presuming June (I have earlier sought clarification from Richard). So based on this info and being #12 on the delivery list I am expecting Feb 23.
Yeah I’ll reach out and ask the same. I was first in Aus as I placed my deposit way before Global reveal but as I’m an automatic would be pushed a couple of months back. I’d rather sit in a Jan build for 2023 car vs a December 22 build. Will see what happens. Thanks 😊 for the update mate.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Delivery timeframes to Aus are 8-10 weeks at present. So a December build might land Feb through to mid March. I would assume dealer prep and delivery might take another week on top depending upon how busy they are and what dealer fitted options have been requested.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh and before anyone asks, by ‘production of Australian cars commenced this week’, I assume these are the Australian dealer demos, not actual customer cars.

By extrapolation, we can expect dealer demo cars to arrive down under around November for test drives.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good to see Lotus Cars Australia trying to give as much info as they can. Interesting to see snippets in this that have not been publicised in other comms, like the extra delay for autos which was rumoured but never openly acknowledged.