• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Top Gear: Video Review

DrNio13

Reaction score
The interior will also have mood lighting. Love it!

For those who ordered coloured leather, this will really make it pop at night.

View attachment 3620
i have a feeling this is sunlight and light from the camera from the space behind the seats

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 21.36.33.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 21.36.33.png
    361.1 KB · Views: 113

DrNio13

Reaction score
If that was the case then the whole dash would be lit up.

at least here it's not so visible to me. maybe it is really mood lightning and simply the mood has changed :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 21.45.14.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 21.45.14.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 21.44.53.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 21.44.53.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 90

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The reason I think this is authentic is that this exact lighting was part of the original design concept drawings… see below.

It would be really uncanny if sunlight beamed in at just the right angle and aperture to light up a nook under the dash without lighting up anything else.

56163837-2B90-4BC6-B8D4-9D54F94C5660.jpeg

Tiger123

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Having watched and read the various reviews today including the TG video, I for one am hugely excited for mine to arrive - not too sure what all the negativity is about.... any new content is better than no new content!

daveparky84

Reaction score
I'm actually not concerned with that feedback. Personally I wasn't looking to by a Lotus for the sensation of speed or to drive it fast. I'm more than certain it will be quick & fast enough for my intended use. My supercharged 3.5Ltr 2016 BMW 535i (as big and heavy as it is) has plenty of quickness and speed with its 333hp. So I'm 100% positive the 400hp in the lighter and smaller Emira will be ample power. Again this is my personal taste so for someone they may want more. I think 400hp is more than enough.

I think all these presenters are spoiled with their 600-1000hp supercars the last few years.. 400 is about perfect for the road IMO.. really happy with the review so far.

daveparky84

Reaction score
i have a feeling this is sunlight and light from the camera from the space behind the seats

Looks like a hand held LED light often used for filming so we can see the presenters face a little better.. Im going to wait for final review before commenting further its a bit pointless right now in the prototype still.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Shame if there was no mood lighting, LEDs are dirt cheap, there is no material cost involved in including it. Yet it has significant impact on the perceived quality of the interior and the experience.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Shame if there was no mood lighting, LEDs are dirt cheap, there is no material cost involved in including it. Yet it has significant impact on the perceived quality of the interior and the experience.
I had understood it will come with mood lighting, could be wrong :confused: ..... have you seen anything about this @TomE

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was sure it came with mood lighting as well, in the middle of the dash on passenger side and some lights in the cupholders as well at the very least from what I remember.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was sure it came with mood lighting as well, in the middle of the dash on passenger side and some lights in the cupholders as well at the very least from what I remember.
It does but it's white you can't change the colour.

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The first reviewer says that the white car is equipped with the “less aggressively bolstered “comfort” seats”. I didn’t get a choice of seats. What is he on about?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The first reviewer says that the white car is equipped with the “less aggressively bolstered “comfort” seats”. I didn’t get a choice of seats. What is he on about?
Apparently they have been told something that we haven't been, and maybe they don't know that we don't know, or they would have said more.

Corkdsp

Reaction score
My guess the 12 way electric seats that all the FE cars get are going to be called the "Comfort Seats" with an option to spec base or sport seats (with more bolster) in future none FE cars. Just a guess though

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The dash does not have a full pass-through like that. I looked specifically when I sat in the car at the New Jersey roadshow event. That is simply a horizontal nook and it only goes up about an inch past what is visible in the photo. There's no path for sunlight to enter that area from behind.

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had understood it will come with mood lighting, could be wrong :confused: ..... have you seen anything about this @TomE
The specification sheet obtained in Japan describes it as ambient mood light (white).

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The specification sheet obtained in Japan describes it as ambient mood light (white).
Same wording in the UK V6 FE specification. Page 2, top right under "Lighting":

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Same wording in the UK V6 FE specification. Page 2, top right under "Lighting":
Do we have confirmation that the Chris Harris review is set to broadcast on March 27th?
Is the wait about over?