V6 First Edition specification document

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is the definitive specification and options. I'm not convinced the colour rendition for the external paint and internal trim options is being reproduced faithfully, but hope this is useful for people.

Attachments

• Emira V6 First Edition Options-compressed.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,727

Stormcloud

Reaction score
Was the privacy glass decided to be the small triangle piece behind the driver and passenger window or does this also concern the engine bay view? Have my configuration in now, was so tempted with the ice grey, but no samples at roadshows that I'm hearing, and jean discolouration apart, I'd be less inclined to hit the loud pedal every now and then, and instead just waft down the road.

Stormcloud

Reaction score
This is the definitive specification and options. I'm not convinced the colour rendition for the external paint and internal trim options is being reproduced faithfully, but hope this is useful for people.
I'd say it shows a few of them in a much more honest light, a genuine silver not this hoped for nimbus colour, red is pretty close to what I'd imagine on the actual car, green is much more honest than the configurator, even the yellow look a lot more toned down and accurate. Blue and Grey are the ones that are not quite there in my eyes, and fortunately they are the 2 colours the car is actually seen in. Great job getting this TomE, think these are much more representative on the whole, even if you have a 300% magnified blurry Emiras to squint at.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Nice work, good doc!
I'm not too bothered but if the power is 400 (and not 416) and the weight is 1450???? Then the power to weight of 274 is slightly disappointing.

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
This is great info! Thanks @TomE 👍

AlexB

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this @TomE!

Steering wheel looks in a very odd position on the schematic! 🤔

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was the privacy glass decided to be the small triangle piece behind the driver and passenger window or does this also concern the engine bay view? Have my configuration in now, was so tempted with the ice grey, but no samples at roadshows that I'm hearing, and jean discolouration apart, I'd be less inclined to hit the loud pedal every now and then, and instead just waft down the road.
Privacy glass is yes the small quarter section aft of the door. Plus the engine cover. But not the interior glass between the cabin and the engine bay.

The blue show car has it fitted, so what you see in those pictures. It’s more lightly smoked than heavily tinted and you can still see the engine.

6514DAD7-20FC-4CDD-9BA3-D4754ACE334D.jpeg

Stormcloud

Reaction score
Nice work, good doc!
I'm not too bothered but if the power is 400 (and not 416) and the weight is 1450???? Then the power to weight of 274 is slightly disappointing.
It's on par with the GTS (although predictably they'll test it against the GT4 no doubt as it'll have the same level of desirability). Lotus admit they have v6 at 400 so they have somewhere to go for the first 5 years of the v6 till it gets killed off. AMG for 10 years, so 360 for same reason. Perfect positioning from a business point of view. All we need to know is that the steering feel and feedback is near as dammit perfect, this is much more important. Fingers very crossed.

Stormcloud

Reaction score
Privacy glass is yes the small quarter section aft of the door. Plus the engine cover. But not the interior glass between the cabin and the engine bay.

The blue show car has it fitted, so what you see in those pictures. It’s more lightly smoked than heavily tinted and you can still see the engine.

View attachment 665
Thank you. As ever, a little annoying, i like the engine cover tint, would like clear quarter section. Nevermind, sticking with clear, no deal breaker.

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In this day I'd expect blind spot monitoring to be std on all/most cars. Yeah i know with all the other stuff which will come in later (chips shortage etc) but I'm expecting this car's rear or 3/4 visibility to be limited and something to help that would be great!

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In this day I'd expect blind spot monitoring to be std on all/most cars. Yeah i know with all the other stuff which will come in later (chips shortage etc) but I'm expecting this car's rear or 3/4 visibility to be limited and something to help that would be great!
In my experience, I don't like such aids and turn them off if installed, as I find they are not 100% reliable and get annoying.
There is also a risk that you could start to rely on them too much instead of looking over your shoulder as taught, in the UK anyway.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Only just stumbled upon this post!

Fantastic to see all pertinent info in a downloadable format... (y)

Smegatron

Reaction score
Interesting to see the engine positions in the schematic.

It would be nice if they made the bulkhead top flat so you could put very small items there - like for example a 570s.

Weight is coming in as expected.

The torque figure is quite low but I guess its in line with the existing engines. It must extend up reasonably high to get the 400BHP.

Overall a very nice overview. I like the interior shots.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know what you mean about the bulkhead. It's got a slope on it but does look like it could have had a level shelf with a front lip or a cargo net.

You could attach a cargo net to the slope with some self-tapping screws and use it for oddments. I expect there will be accessories like this being produced. As well as the mega-expensive branded luggage designed to fit behind the seats and in the exact shape of the boot/trunk!

6cc74040-1282-4778-ba76-27485e3334d7-jpeg.538

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I hope you are right about the colours Tom as Verdant looks extremely dark here...

I actually don't think it would make sense in a hopefully balanced set of 6 colours to have 2 dark metalics so similar in tonal value.