Top Gear: Video Review

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What a review! Top Gear must have a huge online audience and it could hardly be any more glowing. I still have concerns about early quality, but it really looks like Lotus have come up with a great car :cool:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The interior will also have mood lighting. Love it!

For those who ordered coloured leather, this will really make it pop at night.

dash-light.PNG

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Both reviews that are out have glowed about the Touring suspension, so that’s certainly great to hear. Would love a review with the Sport suspension to compare. I was a bit concerned that the TG presenter said that the car didn’t “feel” fast. 🤔.

G

Guest142

Both reviews that are out have glowed about the Touring suspension, so that’s certainly great to hear. Would love a review with the Sport suspension to compare. I was a bit concerned that the TG presenter said that the car didn’t “feel” fast. 🤔.
I'm actually not concerned with that feedback. Personally I wasn't looking to by a Lotus for the sensation of speed or to drive it fast. I'm more than certain it will be quick & fast enough for my intended use. My supercharged 3.5Ltr 2016 BMW 535i (as big and heavy as it is) has plenty of quickness and speed with its 333hp. So I'm 100% positive the 400hp in the lighter and smaller Emira will be ample power. Again this is my personal taste so for someone they may want more. I think 400hp is more than enough.

kesa

Reaction score
I totally agree with the comments on the suspension setup. On the road test the guy commented that the Touring suspension was the one to go for. I can't see how he was able to make such a statement when he hadn't driven a car with the Sports setup to compare it with. Not too impressed. I was hoping for better than this, can't say I learned a lot to be honest.

I am waiting for some true comparisons to be made by the press, with production models of various guises. 🤞

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No mesh to view the gearchange linkage... maybe this did not make it to production.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They mention the exposed linkage as a FE goodie on their website, so this is probably how the base edition will look like.

G

Guest142

Mesh will 100% be included in the production car. The prototype in these reviews is not the final build and is intentionally missing several fit and finish items, options, and features of the final production car.

timbo999

Reaction score
I'm actually not concerned with that feedback. Personally I wasn't looking to by a Lotus for the sensation of speed or to drive it fast. I'm more than certain it will be quick & fast enough for my intended use. My supercharged 3.5Ltr 2016 BMW 535i (as big and heavy as it is) has plenty of quickness and speed with its 333hp. So I'm 100% positive the 400hp in the lighter and smaller Emira will be ample power. Again this is my personal taste so for someone they may want more. I think 400hp is more than enough.
Blimey... what engine has your Beemer got in it? Over here (UK) x35i BMs have a 3 litre twin vane turbo straight six. Not heard of a BM 3.5 litre supercharged engine?

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Same here, I bought an S1 Elise back in 2001 and as my first sports car thought it would rip my face off, it didnt (with 115 bhp it never would!) but I soon learnt the joy is the corners, the feeling of being part of the car when its working on the bends near the limit - the Boxster S which followed it was quicker but took away so much of the subtle fun, I soon went back to Lotus with an S2 111s which to this day is one of the best cars I've ever owned, usefully more powerful but still the beautiful driving balance. If the Emira is a grown up version of that then I'll be happy. :)

Off The Shelf

Reaction score
Excellent review! Just look at the YouTube comments section full of praise for the car and the team. This really makes me excited for the production edition to see all of those extra details which are not currently on show. I would also love to see videos showing the more practical side of the car, like what it looks like under the hood (even thought there's not much in there) what the functions of the infotainment system are, and what the reverse camera shows etc...

PS I posted a thread about this too and now can't figure out how to delete it!

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Crazy seeing the Huracan next to the Emira, I forgot how large Lamborghini started making their cars

Last edited:

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Once I noticed the uneven shut line between front bumper and the bonnet I cannot unsee it:ROFLMAO:

I’m sure it’ll be ironed out in the production models.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

They'll [hopefully] give Chris Harris the sport chassis production FE verison for their next Emira review.

The Evora GT I drove didn't feel fast to me either. It's certainly a quick sporty car, but it's refined (yes I'm calling the Evora GT refined) and the supercharged power band is very smooth. There's no 20psi of turbo boost throwing you back into the seat, but the power is held throughout the RPM range and doesn't come on, or drop off, hard.