Thoughts on modifications

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't think the Emira sounds bad at all stock, but IMO you can probably gain excitement by modifying the exhaust (3rd cat delete). I think an exhaust mod will bring more excitement per dollar than installing smaller wheels.
I'm waiting for the delivery of my Emira (an automatic version... 2042 maybe?) but I'm already planning some small modifications, I will definitely change the brake oil with motul RBF 700, still a DOT 4 so without the negative aspects of a DOT 5.1 but with much better performance than the factory one it will come with, this brings me to the brake pads, I would like a better performing pair for some spirited driving on the road and occasionally a few laps on the track but they absolutely must not squel in any case, any suggestions? Another modification that I am very keen to do is the 3d cat delete, it seems that with the valve closed there is practically no difference while with the valve open the sound becomes more engaging without ever exaggerating, of course, using it occasionally I’ll buy a battery tender (ctek with fast connect bit directly connected to the battery).

For now I'd stop like this, maybe later even a different air filter to let the engine breathe better but who knows.. (again, suggestions?). I don't want to exaggerate too much with interventions that are too important or even radical.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've moved the Corvette and McLaren posts to the Emira Alternatives thread:

Let's keep this thread about Emira modifications 👍

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've moved the Corvette and McLaren posts to the Emira Alternatives thread:

Let's keep this thread about Emira modifications 👍
what if we want to modify the Emira to be like one of the alternatives, can it stay here :) sorry couldn't resist

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
what if we want to modify the Emira to be like one of the alternatives, can it stay here :) sorry couldn't resist
Those posts have been kept here - like the scissor door ones. It’s just the blatant off topic stuff (nothing to do with Emira or modification) that have been moved. Hopefully it’s fairly easy to understand :)

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another "mod" I'm currently thinking about is fitting a fire extinguisher :D sounds funny, but first I think it looks very cool in the passenger footwell and second it might get useful at some point. Not only because the Emira might catch fire, but for example also if you come to a crash site.
Now my question: could anybody with a car take two or three pics of the area in front of the passenger seat with the seat rail and also the fixing point for the foot mat visible? Then I could think about a good way to fix the extinguisher to the car.
hi feder, i confirm you emira here comes with the fire extintor, i will post you photos on monday

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
on a serious note. What other engine swaps would be possible? Assuming similar to the evora?
Direct swap to the Toyota 2ZZ-GE 1.8 from the Celica and Matrix/Vibe, I presume. You can make it a very fat Elise with 180hp, no trouble at all. 🤣

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My wish list

- 3rd cat delete
- +30-50hp map
- CF engine cover
- CF door sills
- CF vent inserts, maybe with additional "porosity"
- CF C-Pillar vents (the vents on each side of the rear-window glass)
- Vented bonnet like GT4
- Front splitter like GT4
- Alcantara seats with contrast stitching in various colors, additional bolstering and 6-point pass-through, lighter and w/o power adjust but keep the heating elements and wiring for heat. Basically, give me Evora seats.
- Accessory cup holder that attaches somewhere my elbow isn't
- Black lettering kit for non-black-pack cars (already exists, thank you)
- One-wiper mod (lol / don't @ me)
- Smaller version of gt4 style wing, CF detailing, JPS-style Union Jack endplates
- Custom-fit interior ambient lighting kit
- One-piece taillight that runs the width of the car, similar to Eletre (instead of being split into 3 pieces).
- North American amber indicator delete
- Front plate tow hook attachment kit

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My wish list

- 3rd cat delete
- +30-50hp map
- CF engine cover
- CF door sills
- Vented bonnet like GT4
- Alcantara seats with contrast stitching in various colors, additional bolstering and 6-point pass-through, lighter and w/o power adjust but keep the heating elements and wiring for heat. Basically, give me Evora seats.
- Smaller version of gt4 style wing, CF detailing, JPS-style Union Jack endplates
- One-piece taillight that runs the width of the car, similar to Eletre (instead of being split into 3 pieces).
I do love me some ambient lights. I find the manufacturer installed ones to be lacking anyway so I end up installing custom.

Add - “For The Drivers” welcome lights under the doors

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
My wish list

- 3rd cat delete
- +30-50hp map
- CF engine cover
- CF door sills
- Vented bonnet like GT4
Wow, that's extensive.

Yes, lol at uni-wiper! They can't even get the regular wiper system to work 😄

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There’s a Tesla motor installation in an Evora, if you want to pre-empt Geely’s EV sportscar.
I saw a car driving a couple of miles away from the factory last week, covered in camouflage looked incredibly similar to a Tesla

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another "mod" I'm currently thinking about is fitting a fire extinguisher :D sounds funny, but first I think it looks very cool in the passenger footwell and second it might get useful at some point. Not only because the Emira might catch fire, but for example also if you come to a crash site.
Now my question: could anybody with a car take two or three pics of the area in front of the passenger seat with the seat rail and also the fixing point for the foot mat visible? Then I could think about a good way to fix the extinguisher to the car.

Hi , here you have the photos on emira

Attachments

• CCD55A41-CAED-4319-85D0-63599BD955B6.jpeg
    CCD55A41-CAED-4319-85D0-63599BD955B6.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 5108CF57-4343-4F8D-9110-513693EE1C00.jpeg
    5108CF57-4343-4F8D-9110-513693EE1C00.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 63

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi , here you have the photos on emira
Thanks, quite cool. I found a solution for all the guys without a standard fitted extinguisher. Just installed it:
IMG_0340.jpeg

I bought this part here: click
It's originally for several BMW models, but fits just fine. I can take a few more pics tomorrow. Very easy to install and looks quite cool in my opinion. Also it's no problem for the passenger and not in the way.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Let’s revive this old thread before it dies off: any thoughts on if we can modify the road Emira hood to the GT4 version? It’s pretty sick. I don’t hate the rear spoiler but the hood would be enough.
IMG_7538.jpeg

Last edited: