Thoughts on modifications

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here’s my red knob (😁) in my old Exige, for comparison.

7DE301DB-F34E-468D-8A7B-253EB7DCC721.jpeg

Snakes

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi KJD,

I'm not familiar with previous Lotus models (I am a new depositor for the Emira and am coming from TVR!) so was that the standard finish or did you infill it with enamel paint as well?

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi KJD,

I'm not familiar with previous Lotus models (I am a new depositor for the Emira and am coming from TVR!) so was that the standard finish or did you infill it with enamel paint as well?
Halfords finest Toolbox Red touch up pen!
It’s even got a little nib to get the paint neatly into the grooves.
The knob is exactly the same in the Exige 350 and Evora 400 (I swapped it when I changed cars) and the Emira looks the same too.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another "mod" I'm currently thinking about is fitting a fire extinguisher :D sounds funny, but first I think it looks very cool in the passenger footwell and second it might get useful at some point. Not only because the Emira might catch fire, but for example also if you come to a crash site.
Now my question: could anybody with a car take two or three pics of the area in front of the passenger seat with the seat rail and also the fixing point for the foot mat visible? Then I could think about a good way to fix the extinguisher to the car.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another "mod" I'm currently thinking about is fitting a fire extinguisher :D sounds funny, but first I think it looks very cool in the passenger footwell and second it might get useful at some point. Not only because the Emira might catch fire, but for example also if you come to a crash site.
Now my question: could anybody with a car take two or three pics of the area in front of the passenger seat with the seat rail and also the fixing point for the foot mat visible? Then I could think about a good way to fix the extinguisher to the car.

I will show you mine soon with that mod, caused because in dubai is mandatory

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I will show you mine soon with that mod, caused because in dubai is mandatory
Sounds like a plan!
Besides pictures, maybe somebody could also measure the distance between the two seat fixing screws on the front of the rails. That would be great.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Don’t know if you care but I’ve been shopping 718s everyday for a year. There are so many available it’s so easy for me to hard pass a car with a fire extinguisher (screams track car)

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Vertical on an Evora 400, not that bad. Gonna look sick on the Emira.

My biggest problem with the scissor door mod on the Evora is that they ALSO open normally. I find this unacceptable.

It means anytime you open the doors "up", you are definitely peacocking. Like actively choosing to be a peacock in that moment. Which feels ridiculous, and try hard.

If the doors only opened upward, well then you're just living with a decision you made some time in the past. Like anyone with a tattoo, or a child. It allows onlookers to see pangs of regret on your face as you load your groceries, and that makes it a sacrifice for the art, which makes it cool.

As long as it doesn't add weight though (because lotus) which it most certainly will.

Last edited:

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My biggest problem with the scissor door mod on the Evora is they ALSO open normally. I find this unacceptable.

It means anytime you open the doors "up", you are definitely peacocking. Like actively choosing to be a peacock in that moment. Which feels ridiculous, and try hard.

If the doors only opened up, well then you're just living with a decision you made some time in the past. Like anyone with a tattoo, or a child. It allows onlookers to see pangs of regret on your face as you load your groceries, and that makes it a sacrifice for the art, which makes it cool.

As long as it doesn't add weight though (because lotus) which it most certainly will.
This will probably be the best thing I see on the internet today!:ROFLMAO:

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This will probably be the best thing I see on the internet today!:ROFLMAO:
It shouldn’t add weight, but the issue with aftermarket is balance. They’re either hard to open or hard to close. McLaren butterfly are better but you have to drill the frame, not ideal.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It shouldn’t add weight, but the issue with aftermarket is balance. They’re either hard to open or hard to close. McLaren butterfly are better but you have to drill the frame, not ideal.

Now I’m curious how they pull this off without adding weight, because I imagine the hinge has to be extra strong, and it must need some sort of strut to keep it aloft no?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
If the doors only opened up, well then you're just living with a decision you made some time in the past. Like anyone with a tattoo, or a child. It allows onlookers to see pangs of regret on your face as you load your groceries, and that makes it a sacrifice for the art, which makes it cool.

We really need something like Reddit gold to gift users with exceptionally hilarious comments like this. Thanks for the laugh today. 😂

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We really need something like Reddit gold to gift users with exceptionally hilarious comments like this. Thanks for the laugh today. 😂
Maybe mods could copy posts like this into a Gold thread? 💡🥇

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Personally, besides feeling they are "maximum poseur" material, I find the idea of scissor or gull-wing doors terrifying... I just know I would eventually wang them into the roof in a multi-storey car park 😬

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Personally, I'm looking forward to some tasteful bodykits to come out.
I mean, so far the body is the only thing on the car that has gotten top marks from every reviewer and zero issues from the factory!