Stock Emira Wheels and Tires

JonFuller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
my order was initially based on their stock fitment details for the Emira (PCD, ET Dia, width etc) I have to confess to assuming the seat taper angle would be standard. I went to some effort in checking PCD, CB, ET, but didn't check seat taper.
I made some alterations to the design of the visual appearance, but not the technical fitment.

I will be checking that both the std Lotus wheel bolts and my aftermarket titanium ones have matching tapers that fit snuggly together. I would have already done this, but the wheels were stripped and re painted in the correct gold (locally here), but on collection, I rejected them because there were some areas of this paint where the gold looked a bit anemic where the basecoat was a little thin, so they're being re done as I type.

Jon

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
my order was initially based on their stock fitment details for the Emira (PCD, ET Dia, width etc) I have to confess to assuming the seat taper angle would be standard. I went to some effort in checking PCD, CB, ET, but didn't check seat taper.
I made some alterations to the design of the visual appearance, but not the technical fitment.

I will be checking that both the std Lotus wheel bolts and my aftermarket titanium ones have matching tapers that fit snuggly together. I would have already done this, but the wheels were stripped and re painted in the correct gold (locally here), but on collection, I rejected them because there were some areas of this paint where the gold looked a bit anemic where the basecoat was a little thin, so they're being re done as I type.

Jon
Looking forward to seeing them and I hope they get the paint right this time. It’s a bit poor they didn’t notice the thin patches and a waster of their time and money.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Jon
Just out of curiosity I did a search, and I can't find anyone that makes a tapered lug nut or bolt with a 61 degree angle. All of them are 60.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Nicely finished and packaged.
My set just arrived in the mail. My Alfa Romeo Giulia uses steel lug bolts which are the same size as the Emira, so assuming they'd be representative of the weight, I weighed all 20 of those, and all 20 of the titanium lug bolts.

20 steel lug bolts weigh 2 lbs 13.4 oz
20 titanium lug bolts weigh 1 lb 8.4 oz – 1 lb 5 oz lighter than steel set

You're saving 5.25 oz per wheel corner with the titanium set.

And you're right; they were very nicely packaged and look great.