Steering pump issue on early cars - warranty recall

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My first real car issue:
- recall for the servo steering pump
- my actual car had problems with less/no servo support at low rpms/shortly after the start of the engine
- the pump came in about 3 working days after ordering it (would be more quick if there was no customs border between GB/EU 👎:mad:)
- replaced, now everything fine :cool:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
My first real car issue:
- recall for the servo steering pump
- my actual car had problems with less/no servo support at low rpms/shortly after the start of the engine
- the pump came in about 3 working days after ordering it (would be more quick if there was no customs border between GB/EU 👎:mad:)
- replaced, now everything fine :cool:
That bodes well regards replacement time for parts at least!
Thanks for sharing and glad to hear everything is good again 😀

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Moderator edit: copied from other thread and edited

Servo steering pump added to mental list for the moment, and while you may think not a big deal, it is a very big deal if you have to drive 6/8 hours each way to get it fixed and also stay over night. Estimated cost to you, about 3/400 euros with gas and hotel costs, not including your personal time. An interesting point here is whether Lotus / Dealer would pay the labour costs to get the fault repaired at a more local garage for something as straightforward as this. Even if they dont, its probably far less expensive for you to pay labour than make a long trip to a dealer.
This for me at least and many EU customers, Portugal, France, plus the US, Australia, is going to be a killer for Lotus if they dont be reasonable.
I had a "warranty" claim against a small hand made car from the UK, when my car and myself were in Spain. They sent me the parts, DHL< and refunded the labour cost. Someone, probably myself, should ask Lotus if this would be an option.
Imagine someone buys a car on the Island of Ibiza, or the Bahamas.... quite likely there is NO dealer there, so how do Lotus manage that. All the shipping to the nearest dealer, comes at a cost to the customer. Not very Amazon like..

I will update when I know more

Last edited by a moderator:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
in this case for sure its not a specific "Emira" part..... its a Geely type part.... as they swapped many Toyota type parts for cheaper, lower quality (according to Toyota employee) Geely parts.
WE need to wait and see when a head light needs replacing... or something more specific to the car.... not including the driver. haha

OP
1stczechemira

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
in this case for sure its not a specific "Emira" part..... its a Geely type part.... as they swapped many Toyota type parts for cheaper, lower quality (according to Toyota employee) Geely parts.
WE need to wait and see when a head light needs replacing... or something more specific to the car.... not including the driver. haha

The servo steering pump is an original Toyota part! Seen after being disassembled.

OP
1stczechemira

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hence 3 day replacement. That’s good although not good and surprising it failed ….

It was a RECALL by Lotus for cars from a certain interval of VIN numbers. So all cars from that interval will be repaired regardless if the pump works (not my case) or doesn't (my case).

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I imagine they gave it top priority! Think what reliability/parts delays would do to sales!! It would make me think twice for sure.