So Cal PPF installers and customer experiences

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ok, so by (some) popular demand, I'm starting this thread so we can share references and experiences with PPF installers, their quality and pricing in southern Cal. Looking forward to taking delivery sometime this summer, and would like to get out in front of my decision of where to take the car for this work. Would appreciate all inputs on this, on this thread! I will do the same, when I get some quotes and after mine is done. Thanks.

Some installers I/we know of so far:
1. https://www.enviousdetailing.com
2. EuroCar/OC Lotus, offering on-site installation from a third party (still unknown who though and pricing)
3. Also the guy offering some kind of photo shoot with installation, looked back and couldn't find the link.

Last edited:

T6061

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm thinking that this doesn't have to be limited to your experience with the Emira (although that is preferred!). With so few Emira's in the wild around here, If you had a shop do an impeccable job on your Porsche/Ferrari/McLaren, etc. please feel free to share. I'm guessing not many shops will have first hand experience with the Emira at this point so any relevant experience with another make would be helpful!

OP
GrahamClark_60-68

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm thinking that this doesn't have to be limited to your experience with the Emira (although that is preferred!). With so few Emira's in the wild around here, If you had a shop do an impeccable job on your Porsche/Ferrari/McLaren, etc. please feel free to share. I'm guessing not many shops will have first hand experience with the Emira at this point so any relevant experience with another make would be helpful!
Agree 100% !

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've never done PPF before, so I do not have anyone to recommend or any experiences to relate.

I have emailed around a little getting some general quotes from shops that seemed to have overall positive reviews online and have been in business for a while.

Envious Detailing noted above has prices for different packages on their website. You can also contact them for custom quote.

https://eliteclearbra.com (Huntington Beach)
$6,500 Xpel PPF full car (cash price)
$1,495.00 - 2,995 new car prep (paint correction + ceramic)

https://rhinofilmsdetailing.com (Huntington Beach)
$7,995 Xpel PPF full car (includes paint correction)
Xpel Fusion Plus Ceramic 4-year $599
Xpel Fusion Plus Ceramic 8-year $999
$480 ceramic on wheels

https://www.essencemotorsports.com (Laguna Hills)
$350 New car Prep & Paint Correction (Foam wash, Alcohol decontamination, Clay bar, 1 Pass of polish)
$5,999 Xpel PPF (Full Vehicle coverage with wrapped edges for maximum protection, extended custom edges, headlights and all gloss black included)
$799 Xpel Fusion Plus ceramic (4 year warranty, other options 1, 8 year)
$399 Xpel Fusion Wheel and Caliper 3 year warranty

https://www.thedetailclinic.com (Orange)
$800+ paint correction
$5,750 STEK Films (10 year warranty) with 2 Year Ceramic Coating

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have fretted way too much over what the right decision is for me on whether to do full, partial, or no PPF, and what other options I might want.

Here is what I am currently thinking about doing. Of course, my car is a couple of months away so I may change my mind before I get it:

• Paint correction.
• STEK clear PPF on front lower "bumper" panel (section below the front hood line).
• STEK black PPF on roof, A-pillars, C-pillars/wings, side mirrors.
• STEK DynoShield windshield & headlight protection.
• 15-20% tint on 2 side windows (whatever matches my privacy glass best).
• Ceramic coat entire body.
• Ceramic coat wheels and calipers.
• Alcantara protection.

I had been thinking about full PPF until I saw the video below. I know that some of the problem in this video is the quality of the install and places where the edges were not wrapped, but what this car looked like after a couple of years and his points about what rock chips look like even with PPF and just touching them up makes me feel like spending the money doing the whole car just isn't worth it. I'm willing to do the very front because it will be somewhat cheap to replace or just remove after a few years if needed.

I have full black pack, and swirl marks on a black roof will bug me to no end. So I plan to PPF that for sure. This video turned me on to the STEK black PPF:

I have replaced my BMW M3 windshield 3 times from SoCal freeway driving, and it currently looks like someone lightly sandblasted it (and it has another chip in it), so I am going to give windshield and headlight protection a go and see how it works out.

A video I found on STEK vs Xpel:
I am leaning towards Envious Detailing because their prices seem pretty good by comparison to others, reviews are overall positive, they have been in business a long time, they use STEK, and I like supporting local businesses (I live nearby).

TheMotizzle

Reaction score
I have fretted way too much over what the right decision is for me on whether to do full, partial, or no PPF, and what other options I might want.

Here is what I am currently thinking about doing. Of course, my car is a couple of months away so I may change my mind before I get it:

• Paint correction.
• STEK clear PPF on front lower "bumper" panel (section below the front hood line).
• STEK black PPF on roof, A-pillars, C-pillars/wings, side mirrors.
• STEK DynoShield windshield & headlight protection.
• 15-20% tint on 2 side windows (whatever matches my privacy glass best).
• Ceramic coat entire body.
• Ceramic coat wheels and calipers.
• Alcantara protection.

I had been thinking about full PPF until I saw the video below. I know that some of the problem in this video is the quality of the install and places where the edges were not wrapped, but what this car looked like after a couple of years and his points about what rock chips look like even with PPF and just touching them up makes me feel like spending the money doing the whole car just isn't worth it. I'm willing to do the very front because it will be somewhat cheap to replace or just remove after a few years if needed.

I have full black pack, and swirl marks on a black roof will bug me to no end. So I plan to PPF that for sure. This video turned me on to the STEK black PPF:

I have replaced my BMW M3 windshield 3 times from SoCal freeway driving, and it currently looks like someone lightly sandblasted it (and it has another chip in it), so I am going to give windshield and headlight protection a go and see how it works out.

A video I found on STEK vs Xpel:
I am leaning towards Envious Detailing because their prices seem pretty good by comparison to others, reviews are overall positive, they have been in business a long time, they use STEK, and I like supporting local businesses (I live nearby).

SoCal deposit holder here who will be eagerly watching where you land with this. Thanks for all the info!

drjazzsk

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread. There is a forum member that is offering ppf and ceramic coatings. I’m blanking on his name right now. There are a ton of ppf installers in so cal. Any idea what eurocar is charging for ppf? Wonder who they are using and what product?

Yabai_Emira

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread. There is a forum member that is offering ppf and ceramic coatings. I’m blanking on his name right now. There are a ton of ppf installers in so cal. Any idea what eurocar is charging for ppf? Wonder who they are using and what product?
They apparently have an "Installer they work with exclusively" that does all their cars. Original estimate I was given was $10k for full car. When I mentioned that feels very excessive, they said they will get back to me once their installer gives an exact quote. Assuming that should be soon as their first round of cars is in route.

drjazzsk

Reaction score
They apparently have an "Installer they work with exclusively" that does all their cars. Original estimate I was given was $10k for full car. When I mentioned that feels very excessive, they said they will get back to me once their installer gives an exact quote. Assuming that should be soon as their first round of cars is in route.
wow 10k! Seems rather steep. I personally wouldn't get it done there for that much. I recall several years ago when I went through this the price variability in so cal was tremendous. Of course the installer makes a huge difference. Please let us know if you get more info.

Yabai_Emira

Reaction score
wow 10k! Seems rather steep. I personally wouldn't get it done there for that much. I recall several years ago when I went through this the price variability in so cal was tremendous. Of course the installer makes a huge difference. Please let us know if you get more info.
That's what I said to them. I will be flying in to pickup the car on delivery when the time comes, and I asked if they would be open to dropping the car off somewhere else to get it PPF'd before pickup as I'd like to know I have options. The response I received was "Our installer exclusively does all our cars. Trust me, let us handle the PPF."

This response really rubbed me the wrong way.

All that being said, that original 10k was just an estimate. Hoping they turn around and say the price is closer to other quotes people have mentioned.

OP
GrahamClark_60-68

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm getting concerned it's too close for Eurocar to still be hedging on the pricing, given they are quite possibly just a week or so (or less) from receiving their first Emiras. Not very familiar with how pricing works with PPF but do the installers actually have a have a car in front of them to settle on what their pricing needs to be for that particular car? With that said, does anyone know if Eurocar still has any demos in house that they could be using for these purposes?

Yabai_Emira

Reaction score
I've been told: "The PPF shop has the Emira stencil, but the owner wants to come see the car in person to make sure everything is accurate before he tells me the cost to get it done."

Also, I don't want to put off the wrong impression. Overall the experience with Eurocar has been positive so far. Hope they do us right on the PPF situation.