Shmee 150 Emira Update

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You can borrow unsecured in the UK - the rates are a bit higher. I borrowed money against my property portfolio as collateral. Then invested it in other (non-property) assets.

For me, diversification is key. No single investment strategy is foolproof. Some of mine have lost money. But the best one produced a 13x return in 2 years.
One might think the rates would be higher, but personal unsecured loans are for many of us a lot cheaper than car loans secured against the asset. I have just put in for a personal loan at 3.3% to have the money in my account ready for delivery in December (or soon). A much better option than Lotus 6.9% on a new car (or 7.9% on approved used).

Could not agree more on the diversification front....it is the easiest and most sensible way to de-risk your investments.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One might think the rates would be higher, but personal unsecured loans are for many of us a lot cheaper than car loans secured against the asset. I have just put in for a personal loan at 3.3% to have the money in my account ready for delivery in December (or soon). A much better option than Lotus 6.9% on a new car (or 7.9% on approved used).

Could not agree more on the diversification front....it is the easiest and most sensible way to de-risk your investments.
Who is doing 3.3? post office 3.7 for 25k

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I will consider the Emira an investment😉.
For diversification sakes!

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Which finance company are offering 3.3%?

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
and @Scruff111S

first direct...3.3% for up to £30k per loan, and allowing second loans on same terms, so conceptually up to £60k. (and still available through the current turmoil), though for how much longer I am not sure.
Sadly, that headline rate is for a much lower amount... rate page says that you're looking at 6.7% as a minimum for 30K. Rates | first direct

EDIT: man, I clearly need to get some sleep, or a drink, or something. The page I linked clearly says 3.3% up to the 30K mark 🤦‍♂️ ... pretty good deal if they are still giving that out.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sadly, that headline rate is for a much lower amount... rate page says that you're looking at 6.7% as a minimum for 30K. Rates | first direct

EDIT: man, I clearly need to get some sleep, or a drink, or something. The page I linked clearly says 3.3% up to the 30K mark 🤦‍♂️ ... pretty good deal if they are still giving that out.
Yep...and I received an email a week back offering the same deal on a second loan....so like I said, conceptually could get up to £60k at 3.3%...strikes me as a bargain, but not sure how much longer such deals can hang around.

Davidexige

Reaction score
Another update from Tim, he’s put his build back until next year. Skip to 6:30 for the Emira update.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another update from Tim, he’s put his build back until next year. Skip to 6:30 for the Emira update.
I don't believe a word of that. He was supposed to be filming at the factory either this week or last and he is clearly still in the UK. I am sure that he will know a lot more than he is saying. I think that this confirms that the factory is even further behind than we perhaps realise due to parts shortages. This is further confirmed with more delays to demo cars which are now expected in 2 - 3 weeks. A build date of early next year may still be in an early batch the way things are going.
It makes me wonder what all the people at the factory are doing on a day to day basis if they are not getting cars out of the door. I know they are part building some cars, but they must be getting to storage limits.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ive only just listen to it now, I think shmee makes it pretty clear.

I’m surprised he has actually put it back.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ive only just listen to it now, I think shmee makes it pretty clear.

I’m surprised he has actually put it back.
Shmee is sending mixed messages. He just posted a message on YouTube today about his Emira, “Soon my Lotus Emira will arrive!” Of course he is using the deadly word “Soon”.

FD0C0421-3502-468D-A675-43DFC887C03D.jpeg

Last edited:

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So he thinks he is getting his Emira "soon". 🤣🤣 Little does he know, like we do, what that word means when Lotus use it.
If I had a dollar for every time we’ve used the word “soon” on this forum I could buy a second Emira, and of course it would arrive ‘soon’. Ok, ok, I stop...soon.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If I had a dollar for every time we’ve used the word “soon” on this forum I could buy a second Emira, and of course it would arrive ‘soon’. Ok, ok, I stop...soon.
Or every time Lotus emails/Lotus CC have used it.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I thought in his video update he was delaying the delivery of the Emira - perhaps he got told he would be a late 2023 if he delayed his order and so thought sod it best get it soon...

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I thought in his video update he was delaying the delivery of the Emira - perhaps he got told he would be a late 2023 if he delayed his order and so thought sod it best get it soon...
Who knows what Shmee’s definition of “soon” is but he did post that quick message just this morning. Hopefully he got his built and he did get it documented. I want to see his build and first drive.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
the fact that he is who is he, means we can put some stock behind the word soon... I estimate he will get his car around the same time as Harry...and thats got to be within 10 days or so... maybe even next week.

I agree, I think Lotus would have said, take it now...or...take it in the next batch... in the cold of February, noooo oneeeee wants that!