Seneca Blue Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
just doing testing for the various legal requirements of registering in SPAIN...then they head back to the UK
I guess other countries will have to do same thing...shame I dont get to see them >

"esos vehiculos son prototipos de pruebas para homologacion en España, que realizaran un recorrido para ello, y despues se devolveran a la marca, por ello van con placas rojas."
Exactly what their job is as stated a few times since we saw the first yellow in Spain almost two months ago. not only for homologation in Spain

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
and what do you think their job is? Holiday cars for some Lotus staff? maybe.... I cant imagine what they are doing around there, unless showing them to the Barcelona office.. or maybe a private event....

As I posted over on the Hethel Yellow thread, they are doing validation testing at an industry test facility near Barcelona:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Exactly what their job is as stated a few times since we saw the first yellow in Spain almost two months ago. not only for homologation in Spain
Could be, that answer was from the Bilbao dealer..... as Tom says below, there is a facility outside barcelona, although there are similar ones closer to home too... but well, a nice place to be, and I should know haha

Eureka

Reaction score
Is anyone going with tan interior on Seneca blue? I would like the tan, just wondering if it will go with Seneca ok?

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is anyone going with tan interior on Seneca blue? I would like the tan, just wondering if it will go with Seneca ok?
I don’t think Seneca with tan is the best match. I went through this debate for months. IMO, grey and black are a better match, or the alcantara option which gives you some contrast with leather and colored stitching.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Personally I wouldn't recommend it. Seeing the Seneca pre-production car, the strong blue is very dominant and a strong interior colour (like tan) might be a bit too much.

Reactions: DJS

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don’t think Seneca with tan is the best match. I went through this debate for months. IMO, grey and black are a better match, or the alcantara option which gives you some contrast with leather and colored stitching.
Totally agree. But this is obviously a personal opinion.

Go with what you love!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I beg to differ...good combo. San Marino Blue (which pops) and Amaro Brown. I love it.

Attachments

• A4EA2541-AFFF-4A9E-BB57-BFF881669706.jpeg
    A4EA2541-AFFF-4A9E-BB57-BFF881669706.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 67
  • AE672336-61F5-4EA0-B8A9-8B3D0E7D259B.jpeg
    AE672336-61F5-4EA0-B8A9-8B3D0E7D259B.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 1650440F-D22B-4162-9374-CD6DA27CE4EF.jpeg
    1650440F-D22B-4162-9374-CD6DA27CE4EF.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 67

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Some Seneca cars have been built with tan, so maybe it will work?
View attachment 5980

Also, Lotus suggest the combo is ok (unlike Hethel and tan)...
View attachment 5981
That looks fine to me. I don’t find there’s e rough contrast on the alcantara options to properly provide ‘contrast’. Seatbelts, seat stripes etc would really have helped. For that reason I prefer white (it’s closer to white) and tan as a Seneca option.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting that they don't recommend Hethel Yellow with yellow stitch Alcantara - is that simply because the yellows won't match?
That's the only one I don't understand. I think it will look great. The yellow stitch isn't quite the same shade, but the stitch is so subtle that it really doesn't matter.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Photographic evidence it doesn't work 🤣
Probably why I have unsolicited offers every week for more than MSRP, with most buyers looking for that combo, since the CS had a black interior...

Check out Bimmerpost.

AlexB

Reaction score
That's the only one I don't understand. I think it will look great. The yellow stitch isn't quite the same shade, but the stitch is so subtle that it really doesn't matter.
And what's wrong with Dark Verdant with black Alcantara / yellow stitch? 🤷‍♂️ Seems a bit odd!

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And what's wrong with Dark Verdant with black Alcantara / yellow stitch? 🤷‍♂️ Seems a bit odd!
Indeed - that is my spec.
I was locked in before I saw the recommended do's & don'ts so too late to change but equally (and I appreciate I am not a designer) I can't see why this combo would be deemed no no rather than a comlimentary pairing.

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
I seriously debated the Tan because it looked pretty classy on other cars i have had with the same interior, albeit the cars were painted diamond black. However having seen the Seneca Blue promo car twice with the black Alcantara, it was an easy choice for me. I sensed that the Tan may have been over so slightly over the top with the blue

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced upper black pack is actually gloss black paint.. Every pic I see looks like bubbly vinyl or it's just a terrible paint job with tons of orange peel. Also concerned about the rear bumper cover line to the quarter panel.... that line hasn't been clean on any pic I've seen. At least there's black exhaust tips and rear badging finally... maybe those parts finally arrived?

282277499_10160002594600944_4726958202818086269_n.jpg

282239457_10160002595645944_4643569341617970718_n.jpg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm still not convinced upper black pack is actually gloss black paint.. Every pic I see looks like bubbly vinyl or it's just a terrible paint job with tons of orange peel. Also concerned about the rear bumper cover line to the quarter panel.... that line hasn't been clean on any pic I've seen. At least there's black exhaust tips and rear badging finally... maybe those parts finally arrived?

View attachment 6198

View attachment 6199
It’s not a wrap. I’ve seen it in person, fine scratches and all.