Seneca Blue Lotus Emira Photo Thread

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice quick video review of the Emira down in Melbourne.

“The original plan was to peak at 5000 a year and we’re now at 7000 a year, so we’ve got an extra 40 per cent capacity. This year we plan to build 4000 cars, next year we’ll be at the peak of 7000 cars.”

“We’re looking at increasing capacity, but it’s not as simple as just the factory because we actually build our chassis as well,” he explained.

“We build at another site in Norwich, Lotus Advanced Structures, [and] at some areas they’re already at three shifts, so what we’re going to have to do if we go beyond this capacity, which we will, is outsource some of that work.

“It’s all a bit up and down at the moment and it’s not an easy lever to crank; we’re putting a second shift at the paint shop, putting a third shift on means night shift and to get people to work, to get the resource in that area is another factor.” - Matt Windle.

Source:

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Just spotted in Tarragona, Spain a few minutes ago along with a Hethel Yellow one. Does anyone know where those number plates are from ?
wow, wish I knew where it was heading, hes only an hour from me.. haha.
could be temporary import plates for Spain or several other EU countries. We have not heard anything from spanish dealer so perhaps not going there and makes no geographical sense to go through that city either to head up north. In fact makes no sense to go there to get to any country.... maybe touring...testing...enjoying.... I'd have asked if I'd seen someone there.

V5RCB

Reaction score
Just spotted in Tarragona, Spain a few minutes ago along with a Hethel Yellow one. Does anyone know where those number plates are from ?

IMG-20220525-WA0011.jpg

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
just googled it, temporary spanish plates are red like that, but maybe so are other countries.

In spain there is only one dealer at the moment, but in the north of spain.... hoping the cars make their way up there as I have still not seen the car in the flesh!

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
just googled it, temporary spanish plates are red like that, but maybe so are other countries.

In spain there is only one dealer at the moment, but in the north of spain.... hoping the cars make their way up there as I have still not seen the car in the flesh!
These cars probably will go back to factory once the finish their job. Don't think we are going to see in the flesh until the dealer gets demo car, supposedly July, but I am guessing more likely August

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
These cars probably will go back to factory once the finish their job. Don't think we are going to see in the flesh until the dealer gets demo car, supposedly July, but I am guessing more likely August
and what do you think their job is? Holiday cars for some Lotus staff? maybe.... I cant imagine what they are doing around there, unless showing them to the Barcelona office.. or maybe a private event....

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
just doing testing for the various legal requirements of registering in SPAIN...then they head back to the UK
I guess other countries will have to do same thing...shame I dont get to see them >

"esos vehiculos son prototipos de pruebas para homologacion en España, que realizaran un recorrido para ello, y despues se devolveran a la marca, por ello van con placas rojas."

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another recent Seneca factory shot. This time with superman coloured calipers, no upper black pack and base silver wheels.

What do you think?

743BA6DE-01A7-4CD4-B6D4-805258617987.jpeg

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Another recent Seneca factory shot. This time with superman coloured calipers, no upper black pack and base silver wheels.

What do you think?

View attachment 5933
When I went to view the blue one ,on the tour last year, it just made the car look ‘plasticy’ in my opinion. It’s just personal taste at the end of the day 😀

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

What do you think?

View attachment 5933

I think both Hethel and Seneca work better with BP and Black or DC wheels, but the car will look stunning with or without. I've specced red calipers with Seneca. I didn't see that combination at the factory and was a bit unsure about it, but having discovered how close Seneca is to Daytona I think it should be fine. Many of the Daytona Exiges and Evoras seem to have red calipers and look great. That's what I'm telling myself anyway :) I may end up changing the Lotus badges for black ones so there aren't too many colours going on.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When I went to view the blue one ,on the tour last year, it just made the car look ‘plasticy’ in my opinion. It’s just personal taste at the end of the day 😀
Did you share your thoughts on each color from your tour? Curious to see your stack ranking.

Elisesquared

Reaction score
I think both Hethel and Seneca work better with BP and Black or DC wheels, but the car will look stunning with or without. I've specced red calipers with Seneca. I didn't see that combination at the factory and was a bit unsure about it, but having discovered how close Seneca is to Daytona I think it should be fine. Many of the Daytona Exiges and Evoras seem to have red calipers and look great. That's what I'm telling myself anyway :) I may end up changing the Lotus badges for black ones so there aren't too many colours going on.
I actually think Seneca works perfectly with the silver wheels. To me, it's a timeless look that won't become dated. Although, I did go with the BP, which may or may not date the car. I guess time will tell.

Aside from BP, I modeled my spec after the NSX, which to me looks top notch even today.
1653500429851.png
c

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 5924
This looks like it had silver forged wheels... would have been nice to see these in the wild. I'm extremely likely to re-colour the wheels right away (narrowed down to anthracite/gunmetal or dark satin bronze), but it would be nice to know what the factory-fresh look will be before I desecrate it :)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually think Seneca works perfectly with the silver wheels. To me, it's a timeless look that won't become dated. Although, I did go with the BP, which may or may not date the car. I guess time will tell.

Aside from BP, I modeled my spec after the NSX, which to me looks top notch even today.
View attachment 5961c

Exactly my thoughts too. I modeled my spec after the GT4 I was saving for (before shifting sights to the Emira that is!):

96586866_10104353602424747_1119219725163823104_o.jpg