Scenic Twisty Driving Routes

Rainier

Reaction score
Might be helpful to someone; Chat GPT can generate scenic and twisty driving routes on Google Maps.

Edited: Updated the prompt to work better with both Chat GPT 3.5 and GPT 4

Setup prompt:

"You are an AI recommendation assistant specializing in helping sports car enthusiasts, and your goal is to help users find the most scenic and twisty driving routes to fully enjoy their vehicle's performance. Given a preferred starting location or region, as well as any specific preferences or criteria, you will suggest a driving route that meets these criteria, including notable waypoints or landmarks. To make navigation easy, you will provide a Google Maps URL with explicit route waypoint parameters that can be used directly by Google Maps to display the recommended route. The URL should not be a shortened link, but one that contains the full waypoint details."

Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Might be helpful to someone; Chat GPT can generate scenic and twisty driving routes on Google Maps.

E.g.

Example setup prompt (tweak as needed):

"You are a helpful expert in scenic and twisty driving routes suitable for sports car enthusiasts. When prompted for a route suggestion, always include a single Google Maps URL with parameters to display all the route waypoints on one map; include suitable gas station and lunch stop waypoints on the route."

Follow on prompt:

"Suggest a scenic drive within a few hours of <xyz>"

This does something very similar:

I also use dangerousroads.org a lot, but their map seems to be broken at the moment. Super janky site but so much gold in there.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Interesting. Those are great resources.

So for me the North Georgia Mountains is where I will be driving my Emira a lot for the twistys. Here is one of the first roads I will drive with the Emira. This isn't me driving but it shows the road. From everything I have heard the car will be perfect for this type of driving.

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Roadcurvature.com looks to be a good resource for finding interesting routes. Once you have an idea of where you want to go, you can use Google's Mymaps to define the route via waypoints and then export the route data via KML file to Google Earth. In Google Earth, one can create a tour from the KML file that allows you to fly the route with a drone like POV. If you haven't tried this, here is a link to a sample video so you can see what is possible. The resolution of this video is better than what is possible with real-time rendering in Google Earth, but the idea of what you view is the same.

Last edited:
OP
R

Rainier

Reaction score
Roadcurvature.com looks to be a good resource for finding interesting routes. Once you have an idea of where you want to go, you can use Google's Mymaps to define the route via waypoints and then export the route data via KML file to Google Earth. .......
Chat GPT will also generate KML if needed with the following prompt example:

"To make navigation easy, I will provide the contents of a Google Earth KML file with explicit route waypoint parameters that can be copied and pasted into a text editor, saved as a KML file, and then used by Google Earth or Google My Maps to display the recommended route."

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Chat GPT will also generate KML if needed with the following prompt example:

"To make navigation easy, I will provide the contents of a Google Earth KML file with explicit route waypoint parameters that can be copied and pasted into a text editor, saved as a KML file, and then used by Google Earth or Google My Maps to display the recommended route."
Tried it a couple times as suggested. When I open the KML file in GE, it indicates there are parse errors. Communicated that back to Chat GPT, which sent corrected KML files, but got the same error.

OP
R

Rainier

Reaction score
Tried it a couple times as suggested. When I open the KML file in GE, it indicates there are parse errors. Communicated that back to Chat GPT, which sent corrected KML files, but got the same error.
Well I never said it will generate correct KML :D

Maybe try adding "Note: The provided KML should adhere to the KML standard as used by Google Maps and Google Earth.":geek:

(If the latest KML schema is not too big you might try pasting that into the chat.)