• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Have Lotus Customer Care gone to ground?

CraigO

Reaction score
Has anyone had any pro active communication recently from Customer Care?
I have sent a few emails now looking for more information on the I4 FE roll out and my build slot, but they haven't even bothered replying.
They have promised monthly updates in the past, which didn't continue, and the infamous price increase message (my last from them) said something about further communication would follow in two weeks.

The silence is deafening.

Russc

Reaction score
Nope, nothing at all either.

I did speak, via email, with my dealer this morning who suggested that I4 Demo vehicles "should be with us end of Q2 hopefully"

They replied within half a day, Lotus CC not so communicative as in nothing.

Can see my build date of November being pushed further away and into 2024. I`ve been seriously eyeing up alternatives at the moment.

OP
C

CraigO

Reaction score
Nope, nothing at all either.

I did speak, via email, with my dealer this morning who suggested that I4 Demo vehicles "should be with us end of Q2 hopefully"

They replied within half a day, Lotus CC not so communicative as in nothing.

Can see my build date of November being pushed further away and into 2024. I`ve been seriously eyeing up alternatives at the moment.
I'm November 23 (or so I'm told) also, but like you, I can see this going out yet again. If it does, I'll give up at that point I think.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Has anyone had any pro active communication recently from Customer Care?
I have sent a few emails now looking for more information on the I4 FE roll out and my build slot, but they haven't even bothered replying.
They have promised monthly updates in the past, which didn't continue, and the infamous price increase message (my last from them) said something about further communication would follow in two weeks.

The silence is deafening.

Nope, same experience as you, wrote an email asking about i4 and communications. Deafening silence as well

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I got my call for delivery, they said they have email backlog, and best way to reach them was via webchat.. they responded pretty quick to me on that…

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I got my call for delivery, they said they have email backlog, and best way to reach them was via webchat.. they responded pretty quick to me on that…
In this day and age, and other firms having a customer-centric focus, how can a rebranded Lotus not put adequate resources into customer-facing staff?
Last time I checked, sales revenue fuels operations of viable businesses.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Last email I received from Lotus Cars USA was August 11, 2022. If it weren't for this forum, I would still be expecting my Emira to arrive this month. :rolleyes:

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
they do seem to be very busy organising delivery and collection of cars...I have had multiple calls, texts and emails in last few days...now booked in to collect from factory on 5 May :cool:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am still waiting for replies to emails sent in February and March.

They seem to be overwhelmed since after the price increase announcement, presumably with cancellations and questions.

Plus of course deliveries ramping up mean they have lots of time-sensitive comms about payments and delivery dates - and understandably are prioritising this.

But ignoring emails from deposit holders because you have a backlog of them (going back at least 2 months) seems like very poor service.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am still waiting for replies to emails sent in February and March.

They seem to be overwhelmed since after the price increase announcement, presumably with cancellations and questions.

Plus of course deliveries ramping up mean they have lots of time-sensitive comms about payments and delivery dates - and understandably are prioritising this.

But ignoring emails from deposit holders because you have a backlog of them (going back at least 2 months) seems like very poor service.
Even the "usual" points of contact don't respond to emails nowadays so must be busy.....

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think LCC have really upped their game. I got an email yesterday saying they were sorry i’d cancelled and asking me to do a survey so they could learn what’s gone wrong. This is a real step in the right direction.

Perhaps just some attention to detail is all that’s needed. For example noting that I’ve already paid for the car, and I’m due to pick it up in a few days. Thankfully it’s with a dealer and not at Hethel being sold to someone else.

Baby steps, they’ll get there

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had quite a long conversation about 2 weeks ago (actually on the telephone rather than email).

It was when the email came out asking those who hadn't locked in their spec if they wanted to do so - and it would bring their delivery forward a little.

The email was quite vague and generic and it didn't say how long after finalising the spec delivery would be.

A friend of mine put their deposit down 6 months before me, but we both got the email on the same day, and he was a bit miffed that I'd somehow moved up the queue to the same place as him.

However, it was explained to me that I was still 6 months behind him - they were simply trying to get as much info as possible about build requirements to allow them to plan - so it doesn't make you jump the queue.

They were pretty helpful.

I will point out however, that on my first and second calls - I was in the phone queue for 30 minutes each time - at which point you get cut off.

15 minutes into call 3 and I got through - so you're already pretty annoyed before you say anything - that's if you can remember why you phoned them in the first place! :ROFLMAO:

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I checked out on the 24th of march and so far have heard nothing back. I requested PPF for a factory collection which I understand adds some delay but I cannot seem to get any information now as I've sent various folks at lotus emails to understand when I might get the car, but nothing, no response in weeks.

Spoke to LCC on the phone 2 weeks ago and they explained it was the factory organising the PPF and that they had no further information for me than the car was built.

I thought it was safe to sell my existing daily once I had the checkout through but I'm starting to regret having sold it so early now...

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I checked out on the 24th of march and so far have heard nothing back. I requested PPF for a factory collection which I understand adds some delay but I cannot seem to get any information now as I've sent various folks at lotus emails to understand when I might get the car, but nothing, no response in weeks.

Spoke to LCC on the phone 2 weeks ago and they explained it was the factory organising the PPF and that they had no further information for me than the car was built.

I thought it was safe to sell my existing daily once I had the checkout through but I'm starting to regret having sold it so early now...

I got a very prompt response from the web chat yesterday, worth trying i’d say

Tim

Reaction score

I sold my M4 last August when I was expecting a September build 😅 I’m impressed you waited until checkout!

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I sold my M4 last August when I was expecting a September build 😅 I’m impressed you waited until checkout!
I expected an August build at one point, I can't imagine how annoyed I'd have been waiting all this time after selling 😅

The few weeks (hopefully) will be painful enough

Flashback

Reaction score
They're extremely busy processing emails.

It took them quite some time to get to my email, too.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@TomE or others may be able to confirm, but I understand current Lotus Customer Care is in the Midlands (Wolverhampton ?).

I think they were Volvo employees moved across to handle Lotus direct sales.

Given they are not co-located with any other Lotus staff, engineers, production people etc that can’t help with communication.

But I think this is changing soon and they are setting up a new LCC somewhere else nearer to the factory or engineering center.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@TomE or others may be able to confirm, but I understand current Lotus Customer Care is in the Midlands (Wolverhampton ?).

I think they were Volvo employees moved across to handle Lotus direct sales.

Given they are not co-located with any other Lotus staff, engineers, production people etc that can’t help with communication.

But I think this is changing soon and they are setting up a new LCC somewhere else nearer to the factory or engineering center.
I got the impression that they worked from home 🏡 as I’ve heard crying babies in the background