Great app for finding twisty roads nearby

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Found this app Calimoto (sorry if this is already common knowledge) which is great for finding touring roads around you, wherever you are. Lots of content, more than in Porsche Roads app. Seems to be curated mostly by our two wheel friends on motorcycles, but still works for us on 4 wheels. Has Apple Car Play app as well, so you just pick a ride and the screen guides you along. If you stray off, it will find alternatives, works really well.

It is also great for recording your rides, so you can add your content and share with others. (Hence posting here in the journal section)

Check it out here: Calimoto

Note: I am in no way associated with this product / app, just found it and I find it works well for me.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I use it for route planning and have found it very useful.

It’s been mentioned a couple of times in the Ode to Roads and Great Roads in the UK threads. Curvature is also a useful application for finding twisty roads.

Feedback from other forum members suggests Calimoto is good in Europe but coverage is less good in North America.

The record your drive feature is useful too.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Found this app Calimoto (sorry if this is already common knowledge) which is great for finding touring roads around you, wherever you are. Lots of content, more than in Porsche Roads app. Seems to be curated mostly by our two wheel friends on motorcycles, but still works for us on 4 wheels. Has Apple Car Play app as well, so you just pick a ride and the screen guides you along. If you stray off, it will find alternatives, works really well.

It is also great for recording your rides, so you can add your content and share with others. (Hence posting here in the journal section)

Check it out here: Calimoto

Note: I am in no way associated with this product / app, just found it and I find it works well for me.
Thank you.