Daily Driving

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It really is a great daily driver I can vouch for that much better than the 911 992 I had before it.
Mine is a auto V6 `touring, low road noise and plenty of comfort, daily driving it was one of my worries and it has definitely tick that box.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would happily use mine as a daily driver because it is very comfortable and not a problem when driving at low revs. I have a manual V6.
The only reasons I don’t DD is I work from home a lot and also I don’t feel safe leaving it in public car parks. Nothing worse than coming back to scratch or no car. 😝

R35_J

Reaction score
It really is a great daily driver I can vouch for that much better than the 911 992 I had before it.
Mine is a auto V6 `touring, low road noise and plenty of comfort, daily driving it was one of my worries and it has definitely tick that box.
I'm sure the Emira is a great DD but no one is gonna say it's a better DD than a 992. The 992 is much more refined and quieter.

Last edited:

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Planning to daily drive mine and will report back once I finally get it. I used to daily drive a 2 seater with no storage so I’m not intimidated.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm sure the Emira is a great DD but no one is gonna say it's a better DD than a 992. The 992 is much more refined and quieter.
Didn't he just? I think it's subjective whether refined and quiter = better DD. Otherwise, my Q5 has both over a 992...

It's possible that for some, the apogee for a DD is the most excitement and driving interaction possible without undue sacrifice in comfort or poor weather handling. But then some probably need a world-class stereo and massage seats for a "great" DD.

I guess my point that there's always "someone who's gonna say", and the beauty of forum dialog is to encourage more useful details, like,

Hey, @DJS , which 992 spec did you have? What do you look for in a DD that the Emira trumps the p-car with? 😁

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mine is manual and sport chassis and it works perfectly fine as a DD.

Both my wife and I regularly drive it to work or just normal running around and it’s great. in tour mode it’s quiet and comfortable.
Sure, the ride is “busy” on poor road surfaces, but so what?
It’s a sports car.

If I want plush and serene I’ll take one of my other cars.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Planning to daily drive mine and will report back once I finally get it. I used to daily drive a 2 seater with no storage so I’m not intimidated.
Trust me I've had both and the 992 has much more road noise and it doesn't grip the road like the Emira does, I've pushed and pushed my Emira in the wet and it doesn't budge, the 992 however slipped allover the place in the wet even in wet mode.

The 992 has to much powerful for what it is where as the Emira doesn't.

This is my honest opinion and i'm a Porsche lover.

Im not going to lie I do have a 911 992.2 on order delivery early 2025 at best. (Hoping its improved 991.1)

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Didn't he just? I think it's subjective whether refined and quiter = better DD. Otherwise, my Q5 has both over a 992...

It's possible that for some, the apogee for a DD is the most excitement and driving interaction possible without undue sacrifice in comfort or poor weather handling. But then some probably need a world-class stereo and massage seats for a "great" DD.

I guess my point that there's always "someone who's gonna say", and the beauty of forum dialog is to encourage more useful details, like,

Hey, @DJS , which 992 spec did you have? What do you look for in a DD that the Emira trumps the p-car with? 😁
Hey

Mine was the 911 992 S and still a decent DD just not as good as the Emira the Porsche looks like the better DD all day long as the Emira does look like a weekend toy.

My Emira was touring yet its grip is still unbelievable and its softness over the 992 is much better.

The Porsche beats it on build quality but the Lotus have done very well in this department as very much improved over previous cars.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with the above - it’s a great daily car to drive. I dailyed it all last year even a fair amount in winter and apart from a couple of unexpected slides - icy roads it’s been steadfast. I’ve got tour suspension and Goodyears.

Tour suspension is great 95% of the time and I’ve only wanted firmer suspension a couple of times in summer when the roads were really quick!

And what’s no surprise is that it’s much much better than my last Porsche was as a daily driver - but that was a 991.2 GT3 - with fixed carbon seats and a cage.

OP
D

drjazzsk

Reaction score
great to hear its doing well as a DD. On the brief test drive I did, I noticed it didn't have the blind spot monitor, which I use all the time in my cars. I felt the Emira had some decent blind spots. Surprising given it has all the sensors....almost like an oversight like they forgot it. Has this been a issue for DD? I'm wondering/hoping if there will be some more options with the MY 2025?

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
great to hear its doing well as a DD. On the brief test drive I did, I noticed it didn't have the blind spot monitor, which I use all the time in my cars. I felt the Emira had some decent blind spots. Surprising given it has all the sensors....almost like an oversight like they forgot it. Has this been a issue for DD? I'm wondering/hoping if there will be some more options with the MY 2025?

I agree with you.

There are a couple of definite blind spots (particularly over the driver’s shoulder) and I think it is a shame Lotus failed to fit monitoring.

That said I‘m extremely grateful it doesn’t have any of the other PITA nannying tech that ruins so many modern cars.

OP
D

drjazzsk

Reaction score
I agree with you.

There are a couple of definite blind spots (particularly over the driver’s shoulder) and I think it is a shame Lotus failed to fit monitoring.

That said I‘m extremely grateful it doesn’t have any of the other PITA nannying tech that ruins so many modern cars.
Yeah it’s very surprising especially given the price of the car and the blind spots it has. I’m really hoping it’s a MY 25 addition.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know nobody likes nhtsa, however this explains exactly what my driving coach at n M3 class shared with me. Changed my mirrors 10 years ago, and blindspot literally is Gone. Needs some getting used to, like when backing in a garage, but it works, 0 blindspots……