Ride height

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
There's also the possibility that Lotus is still experimenting with different springs to address the wheel gap/ride height concern, or the supplier is sending them several samples of different rates and heights so they can get everything dialed in.

Might I suggest to the admins @supersix that they create a specific ride height/wheel gap sub-forum so people can put their comments about it in there, along with ideas/suggestions as to what can be done to adjust it? It would put it all in one location, so future customers who come into the forum looking for info about that can find it all in one spot.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, the first US customers (aka me) definitely aren't getting their Emira until 2023 (probably in the dead of winter too). Who wants to bet?

At this point they might as well delay my delivery until next April so the weather is at least nice.
I'll take your winter delivery!

#forTheCalifornians

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I just walked past this 911 - its a 992 Carrera S - very bright sunshine for once here in the UK, but you can see what a huge gap it has between tyre and arch. NO ONE ever said the 911 rides to high... anyway, just thought it would give some comparison to some of you
IMG_1578.jpeg

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
why would it have the lift on when its parked on the flat on a flat road ? Gap at rear was the same...

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
why would it have the lift on when its parked on the flat on a flat road ? Gap at rear was the same...
I have no idea. If the Emira's stance looked like this I doubt there would be any complaints. It's tough to tell much about the rear from your photo.
1652804327576.png

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure what your point is. The Huracan has the lift up.

No idea who the guy is in the video, but a lot of the time, people who detail high-end cars keep the lifts up so they don't forget when moving customers cars around. The front is way higher than the back. Also, lifting the front has a slight affect on the back gap.
I was trying to say that the 911 I saw didnt have the lift up - the gap was the same front to back. The 911 looked great even with a large gap. I was trying to help those concerned about the Emira gap

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was trying to say that the 911 I saw didnt have the lift up - the gap was the same front to back. The 911 looked great even with a large gap. I was trying to help those concerned about the Emira gap
Wow, my bad! I thought you were someone else (thought you were talking about the Huracan). Many apologies! Will edit my post

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
1652804327576-png.5628

View attachment 5642

Slightly different, but really is it different enough for all this hand-wringing?

The yellow photo car is fantastic, I suspect everyone would be more than happy if that's how it actually arrives. But the (now deleted) leaked photos from the dealer event as well as the Melbourne event show something very different, on quite a few cars.
1652820511344.png

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But the Lotus folks said the Melbourne car was above production height. And we’ve been told the dealer event cars weren’t production.

The yellow (Eletre reveal) car is within 5mm of production.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
But the Lotus folks said the Melbourne car was above production height. And we’ve been told the dealer event cars weren’t production.

The yellow (Eletre reveal) car is within 5mm of production.
I have heard these claims, and hope they're true. But the fact remains that lots of cars seem to be coming out of the factory at the moment disproving them, with no explanation from Lotus. And it matters. If I was Russell Carr I'd be absolutely incendiary.

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The new Lotus Driving Academy site shows cars shot in the same parking lot with seemingly slightly different heights. The ones with Michelin sidewalls (presumably Sport suspension) seem maybe a few mm lower than ones with Goodyear sidewalls (presumably Touring suspension). Or maybe it's the sidewalls themselves producing an optical illusion of filling out the wheel wells (Michelins look slightly meatier, Goodyears have a hint more stretch). This is generally true for different tire models having the same size spec but different actual dimensions.

1652822984267.png

1652822998407.png

1652823014209.png

Last edited: