Real World Boot and Storage Test including Golf Clubs

OhBaxter

Reaction score
Great work!

I imagine we'll see a new thread soon after customer deliveries get underway "What have you carried in/on your Emira". The equivalent Evora thread just had a chap post about carrying his collapsible kayak across the +2 rear seats!

I'm going to see if I can get a bike in the back of the Emira. As I have the seat a long way forward and have a small-framed bike it might just be possible. Otherwise it'll go on the roof with the Seasucker mounts.
Every man needs a canoe

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great work!

I imagine we'll see a new thread soon after customer deliveries get underway "What have you carried in/on your Emira". The equivalent Evora thread just had a chap post about carrying his collapsible kayak across the +2 rear seats!

I'm going to see if I can get a bike in the back of the Emira. As I have the seat a long way forward and have a small-framed bike it might just be possible. Otherwise it'll go on the roof with the Seasucker mounts.
Let me know about the bike please! And the chance of getting a Scott Spark in the back….

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Let me know about the bike please! And the chance of getting a Scott Spark in the back
Great work!

I’m imagining — a padded moving blanket — both wheels off and handle bars turned 90 degrees. I’m afraid it’s just too small back there still.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m imagining — a padded moving blanket — both wheels off and handle bars turned 90 degrees. I’m afraid it’s just too small back there still.

Yes. This is how you do it in an Evora:

IMG_7088.thumb.JPG.21c656e09aacbb5b66ba807e215d442b.JPG

Or on the roof with a Seasucker mount:

lotus110_1920x1080-1-jpg.170

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

LOL, alright I'll stick to my Komodo rack on the back window. I can stuff it in the car if I need to leave the bike unattended.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm pretty concerned about the leather used for the seats. The side bolsters (from what I've seen so far) look like they'll wear out extremely fast. I shouldn't see any creasing at all on a new car.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

With the exhaust exit to the sides rather than centered, I wonder if there's a way to engineer a small hitch receiver in the rear for a bike rack. My aluminum 1UP USA rack would work beautifully on the back of the Emira if a hitch attachment could be figured out. The one on my BMW attaches underneath (Stealth Hitch).

Here's a 1UP on an older 911:
1653581787173.png

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
With the exhaust exit to the sides rather than centered, I wonder if there's a way to engineer a small hitch receiver in the rear for a bike rack. My aluminum 1UP USA rack would work beautifully on the back of the Emira if a hitch attachment could be figured out. The one on my BMW attaches underneath (Stealth Hitch).

Here's a 1UP on an older 911:
View attachment 5997
I'm sure something could be rigged up, at one point I even had a hitch receiver mounted up to the bumper support beam and hidden behind the license plate and had the license plate mounted on strong magnets.

1653582541712.png

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Instead of worry about getting your bike in/on/behind your Emira to transport it from A to B, I’ve had an idea 💡. Why not ride your bike from A to B 🙂🚴🏼

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Instead of worry about getting your bike in/on/behind your Emira to transport it from A to B, I’ve had an idea 💡. Why not ride your bike from A to B 🙂🚴🏼

I have no problem doing 120 miles+ for fun times on the bike but sometimes I've just got time constraints or want to go somewhere different or ride one of my bikes that aren't a ton of fun to do road miles on.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I've (foolishly) gone for ice grey interior, not sure 1st option is a good idea for a mtb caked in mud! maybe very dry summer rides would be ok

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Seems about right we should hold sports cars to some sort of similar standard, involving hard guitar cases... possibly even drum kits. :)
[/QUOTE]

Boxsters are perfect for this.
Guitar 🎸 in boot, amp in frunk and hood down on way to gig to get that big rock hair look