Real World Boot and Storage Test including Golf Clubs

Stewart

Reaction score
HI All

I stopped by to see the global show-car in Brisbane, as I was heading on a 3 day trip I had a bag packed and also had my golf clubs in the car, so I thought I would see how they fitted into the Emira. See attached photos.

With the golf clubs I honestly thought there was no chance of them fitting!!!! While you will need to take woods out and it was still tight it was not difficult. It is what I would call a standard size golf bag

The travel bag obviously was no problem in the boot. Being a leather duffel it was not too hard to put behind the seat, but you need to go around to the passenger side release the seat forward and then move it forward, throw the bag in the back I then put the seat all the way back that was not a problem.

I don’t think you could get a bag that size back there while sitting in the seats easily (it’s not just a throw it over your shoulder type thing). With a hard shell case I think it would fit but might be a bit harder to force the hard surfaces into place compared to a soft bag.

Attachments

• 0C0B148A-DABB-421C-8247-8DA775714722.jpeg
    0C0B148A-DABB-421C-8247-8DA775714722.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 2,685
  • 63A6FAAC-B834-4232-9986-E511D423235F.jpeg
    63A6FAAC-B834-4232-9986-E511D423235F.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 0300AC00-566B-4475-A378-0C9B76419A64.jpeg
    0300AC00-566B-4475-A378-0C9B76419A64.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 6F7DFEF3-A2F2-4EE8-AE09-D74A65B10F36.jpeg
    6F7DFEF3-A2F2-4EE8-AE09-D74A65B10F36.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 1,381
  • 959D3610-4A74-4767-B9DA-C0C7F53D4330.jpeg
    959D3610-4A74-4767-B9DA-C0C7F53D4330.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 1,397

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well I really didn't think the clubs would fit in like they said it would. Thanks for this

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
HI All

I stopped by to see the global show-car in Brisbane, as I was heading on a 3 day trip I had a bag packed and also had my golf clubs in the car, so I thought I would see how they fitted into the Emira. See attached photos.

With the golf clubs I honestly thought there was no chance of them fitting!!!! While you will need to take woods out and it was still tight it was not difficult. It is what I would call a standard size golf bag

The travel bag obviously was no problem in the boot. Being a leather duffel it was not too hard to put behind the seat, but you need to go around to the passenger side release the seat forward and then move it forward, throw the bag in the back I then put the seat all the way back that was not a problem.

I don’t think you could get a bag that size back there while sitting in the seats easily (it’s not just a throw it over your shoulder type thing). With a hard shell case I think it would fit but might be a bit harder to force the hard surfaces into place compared to a soft bag.
important work.. nice to know lotus are of their word
i now need to know will be two dogs fit in..... But i know they wont..... not unless I change them, tempting, but not....

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd love to know what % of Emira buyers play golf :p Forget that, supercar buyers in general, how many actually play golf

More of a rock climber and mtber myself, i'll get the climbing bag in, but the bike, no chance

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I play and for years with the Boxsters (986, 981, 718) they always end up in the passenger seat so this will be an upgrade (y)

That bag leans more towards a Staff bag, a standard carry or smaller cart bag should fit fine.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd love to know what % of Emira buyers play golf :p Forget that, supercar buyers in general, how many actually play golf

More of a rock climber and mtber myself, i'll get the climbing bag in, but the bike, no chance
Me too. Excellent choice of hobbies

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for posting! Excellent info.

ARA

Reaction score
agreed, thanks for taking the trouble to test this out and share your findings.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On a related topic, does anyone (from Evora experience presumably) know how hot the trunk gets after, say, a 30min drive? Is it such that you would want to put grocery bags behind the seats instead?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On a related topic, does anyone (from Evora experience presumably) know how hot the trunk gets after, say, a 30min drive? Is it such that you would want to put grocery bags behind the seats instead?
Personally I never found the boot on my Evora to get particularly hot and it did do the odd grocery run. Having said that I probably wouldn’t have put lots of ice cream in there, but never tried it!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Sloped back glass and low car is perfect for seasucker bike rack :cool:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

I don't golf either, but would love to know if a hardshell guitar case (or two) can fit back there!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't golf either, but would love to know if a hardshell guitar case (or two) can fit back there!
Is this a variant of the Interstate Emergency Trombone Delivery Service from EV forums? :unsure:

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lol.. what? I haven't heard about that one yet....
Heh... maybe it's not as widespread a joke as I thought. I mix with engineering types, so... yeah :)

TLDR: a few years back, there was an infamous (although apparently NOT :LOL: ) EV discussion thread (which I'm actually struggling to find now!) where some guy declared BEVs were no good because they could not meet his needs: 8 hour one-way trips to perform emergency trombone repairs. This is now the gold standard by which all EVs in that community are judged.

Seems about right we should hold sports cars to some sort of similar standard, involving hard guitar cases... possibly even drum kits. :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great work!

I imagine we'll see a new thread soon after customer deliveries get underway "What have you carried in/on your Emira". The equivalent Evora thread just had a chap post about carrying his collapsible kayak across the +2 rear seats!

I'm going to see if I can get a bike in the back of the Emira. As I have the seat a long way forward and have a small-framed bike it might just be possible. Otherwise it'll go on the roof with the Seasucker mounts.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I´ll need. for 50 bottles of Champagne and the fridge in the back seats.
Underwear and a teppanyaki in the trunk. These will be engine power heated. (Supercharged)
All this with a playlist of Boney M in the KEF system and the Emira party will be rolling!

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts