Race to the first i4

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked ours up today. Fantastic afternoon at the factory, then a 3-hour drive home getting the running-in started.

Will follow with a full write-up, but initial thoughts are this is a brilliant car to drive. The gear shifts are excellent.

IMG_20240325_144230.jpg

IMG-20240325-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20240325-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20240325-WA0001.jpg

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked ours up today. Fantastic afternoon at the factory, then a 3-hour drive home getting the running-in started.

Will follow with a full write-up, but initial thoughts are this is a brilliant car to drive. The gear shifts are excellent.

View attachment 39753

View attachment 39751

View attachment 39752

View attachment 39754
Congrats, glad to hear more positive things about the gearbox!

So that's 3x Seneca UK i4s posted on this thread so far, wonder when the first one in a different colour will be posted 🤣

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats, glad to hear more positive things about the gearbox!

So that's 3x Seneca UK i4s posted on this thread so far, wonder when the first one in a different colour will be posted 🤣
There was another factory collection today... Also Seneca blue! 💙

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've posted on the forum. I got my car 2 days ago. Here,let me talk about my experience with this 2.0T EMIRA.
1.Field of vision: That's quite good, but if you've never driven a low, wide, large mid-engine sports car before, it can be a bit overwhelming, the car is over ten centimeters wider than the 86! It takes some getting used to.

2.Suspension: This suspension is truly amazing, my 86 had HKS coilovers, great cornering support, but couldn't handle bumpy roads, and I didn't even have them set very stiff. The Lotus Bilstein suspension in this car provides a full-time feeling of no leaning, not sure if it's due to the suspension layout (front and rear double wishbones) or the inherent advantages of a mid-engine. On some bumpy roads, this car is surprisingly comfortable and responsive, I even feel like this car has active suspension.

3. Acceleration: No need to say much, a 1.4-ton, 400-horsepower car, acceleration is too easy, my previous 86 needed to rev high constantly, this car just goes when you step on it, accompanied by the huge whistle of the turbo instantly bursting with huge torque, and the boost is very linear, it feels a bit like the hybrid NSX, even though this car doesn't have a hybrid system.

4. Sound: Not much noise, players who get used to V8s and V10s will be disappointed. However, there is some noise when the exhaust is fully open in track mode.

5. Fuel consumption: Currently is 16L/100km , double to my naturally aspirated 86, but the 86 needs to downshift and rev high every time you accelerate, while with this car you just need to slightly tap the accelerator.

6. Looks: No need to say much, the design language is that of a twenty million RMB supercar.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 35
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 33

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
nice review of the launch edition i4
Very positive. He did mention a delay on the downshift again. I'm guessing this must be more acutely noticeable on the track when you're expecting immediate responses. I still have faith that there'll be a DCT map for this at some point. It often comes from tuners further down the line. Maybe also a map to get 400+ bhp if the cooling can handle it.

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Very positive. He did mention a delay on the downshift again. I'm guessing this must be more acutely noticeable on the track when you're expecting immediate responses. I still have faith that there'll be a DCT map for this at some point. It often comes from tuners further down the line. Maybe also a map to get 400+ bhp if the cooling can handle it.
I think this has to do when you try to downshift to early or when the rev is still too high.. when I did a test with this on the VW R it did the same.. if lets say you pull it till 7000 rpm and you want to downshift again because you need to brake or let it roll out.. if you the downshift ar 6600rpm its still to high rpm and doesnt do any downshift untill below a certain rpm or if it does downshift it will do it after a delay.. hence it feels like a lag. Ofcourse with a lambo or ferrari it engages doesnt matter what rev range you are but thats a super car with super car engine.. not a super car looking sports car :) still
i am impressed with the engine, it will be very easy to tune this engine back to stock m139/416hp and then tune it to 500 with ecu and tcu map super sharp and crisp

Check this a45s with ecu tcu tune and 500hp, 3.28secs to 0-60

Jan

Reaction score
I was just able to testdrive the i4 in Ostend, Belgium. Great experience. They think my car will be available in about 2 weeks time. Great to see several others allready have theirs.

The dealer also told me in about 3-4 weeks time, there will be a 5% increase in price.

gdotp

Reaction score
Well I'm now onto the final straight, PPF done, car will be back at JCT tomorrow and I'll be collecting in the afternoon 😃
Would be great to get a report on the PPF. I’ve got mine booked into Topaz in Leeds on Tuesday for a full ppf and I’m a bit worried as I’ve never wrapped car before.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And I'm now officially an Emira owner 😃

20240329_133537b.jpg

Really pleased with the car, can't wait till it's run in, it really feels like it wants to go more than I'm letting it so far. Have no complaints about the DCT transmission so far, but lets see when I can open things up a bit more! Both me and my wife have had big smiles on our faces since picking the car up!

Would be great to get a report on the PPF. I’ve got mine booked into Topaz in Leeds on Tuesday for a full ppf and I’m a bit worried as I’ve never wrapped car before.
I'm pleased with the job Topaz have done (PPF + Ceramic), if you look in the right places you can tell it has been done but it definitely doesn't stand out (that'll be the case with any PPF, especially on a car with lines as complex as the Emira's).

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Alot of folk on this forum had their cars within a week, it’s all or nothing!😀
I have a sneaky suspicion a lot of our cars were built several months ago, and now they are trying to get them all delivered ASAP...

My service information on the in-car display says 181 days until next service; That to me implies a late Sep 2023 build. That timescale does tie-in with the previous Comms last year about delivery dates in Oct I believe it was. Which would also tie-in with the suggestion that sales/delivery of the I4 in the UK was held up with some regulatory approval.

I don't LOVE that my car may have been built 6 months ago and been sitting around waiting (most probably outside in the rain, over winter ☹️), but to counter that, I DO love that I have it now!!

Is there any way to get a confirmation of actual build date??