Pure or Enhanced?

Pure or Enhanced? Whatcha gonna do to the vehicle?

• Total voters

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Another good call. Has anyone laid eyes on a late-pre-production-but-not-final-because-we-cant-commit-to-saying-final car to know whether there is USB power available near the mirror/light pod?

Personally, I prefer something I can tuck out of sight, without a screen.
A couple of us have been told there's a USB port in the overhead panel, but I've not seen it first hand or had it confirmed. There's certainly power up there and it would be possible to tap in. Tucking a cable down inside the A-pillar trim is usually feasible.

Rear camera is going to be trickier but I know some have done it on Evoras.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For the air tag conversation, my partner and I recovered a stolen M4 last year because of an AirTag. The main tracker was blocked due to a GPS scrambler but the thieves had an iPhone on them, so we saw where they parked it, met up with the police and recovered it. Will definitely be stashing a couple in my Emira.

For the dash cam conversation, I have a blackvue 2ch in my current car, it's great! Discreet and good quality imagery. Will be transferring it/buying the newer model

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The thing with the Emira, at least initially, is it's going to be so rare that it will be impossible for a thief or thieves to steal one and not be seen if they're out on the road. It will NOT blend in, not like a BMW, Porsche, Audi, etc. where there are so many others on the road that a stolen car doesn't draw attention.

That doesn't mean I don't want to protect it, due to the South American car theft rings that have it all worked out to a fine art, to steal cars in the U.S. and transport them out of the country. Still, an Emira is going to be VERY visible and easy to spot anywhere.

I'm also considering a hidden kill switch in the interior that disconnects the battery from the starter motor. If it's off, the ignition button won't start the car. So if a thief gains entry, they won't be able to start the car, and while they're sitting there trying to figure out what's wrong, the dash cam is recording them before they can get the car into a shielded truck or facility somewhere.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Emira of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wondering how many folks are thinking about making zero changes except to adding gas vs how many people are going to make changes and also how many or what kind?

I’m leaning pure or maybe ppf/ceramic. I just don’t like having to do things to a car after purchase…
I´ll have to install fridge in back seat for Champagne, and maybe some ceramic coating.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Besides wheels and PPF/Ceramic. Window tint, powder coated supercharger cover, and hopefully a grill mounted radar detector. Racing seats wanted but not planned.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
PPF & Ceramic coating.
TDC marker on leather steering wheel to match interior stitching.

Still pondering over whether or not to install a dashcam, but it needs to be obscure and out of the way.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
PPF, Ceramic, Dashcam (BlackVue 2ch), Tracker+Immobiliser, Yellow seatbelts (to match stitching)

Considering the TDC and contrast stitch, has anyone had any quotes from dealers for getting this done pre-collection?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
B&C said about £300 to do the contrast stitching and TDC marker.

nosirrahx

Reaction score
Just PPF because I intend to trade up as better Emiras become available. When the final ICE manual Emira is in my hands, I will modify it quite a bit.