Pure or Enhanced?

Pure or Enhanced? Whatcha gonna do to the vehicle?

• Total voters

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Wondering how many folks are thinking about making zero changes except to adding gas vs how many people are going to make changes and also how many or what kind?

I’m leaning pure or maybe ppf/ceramic. I just don’t like having to do things to a car after purchase…

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Minor cosmetic tweaks for me... Custom stitched and TDC marked steering wheel, colored seat belts, painting (or safely powder coating) the forged wheels, and planning to custom fab some carbon for the engine bay. Everything else is going to be detailing, seat time, tires, and brakes!

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Ceramic, wheel spacers for a flush look. I was thinking I might have to do lowering cups, but we will see. I think they'll have the suspension sorted and it won't have that off-road look when they finally deliver. I wouldn't mind doing an ECU remap and increase boost pressure a little, but I don't want the exhaust to get any louder. I want it to drive and sound just like stock with a little extra kick. I don't want my wife telling me that her Tesla model Y is faster than my fancy sports car 😄

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Ceramic, wheel spacers for a flush look. I was thinking I might have to do lowering cups, but we will see. I think they'll have the suspension sorted and it won't have that off-road look when they finally deliver. I wouldn't mind doing an ECU remap and increase boost pressure a little, but I don't want the exhaust to get any louder. I want it to drive and sound just like stock with a little extra kick. I don't want my wife telling me that her Tesla model Y is faster than my fancy sports car 😄
Yeah I really hope the stance is decent enough for me not to make adjustments right out the gate. We'll see... If it's horrendous, I'll be doing spacers and coilovers (or those lowering cups) as well. Hopefully not though.

I'm actually hoping a future GT or R version will be more sporty with a lowered stance, carbon buckets, carbon accents, and oh yeah... More power! If that's the case, I'll be ordering a bespoke edition (assuming the Emira is as fantastic as we all expect it to be).

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Why are you guys putting Airtags in your car? Planning to forget where you left it?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why are you guys putting Airtags in your car? Planning to forget where you left it?

1654356946920.png

Here are 4 guys stealing my Jeep right out of my driveway. They appeared to have the tech to create a new key, they just drove it away with no alarm in under 10 minutes. I have satellite tracking, and have been pinging it every minute for 10 days with no luck. AirTags are the new backup plan. Stash enough of them, they'll never find them all!

On the bright side I'm shopping Evoras now...

Last edited:

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 6217

Here are 4 guys stealing my Jeep right out of my driveway. They appeared to have the tech to create a new key, they just drove it away with no alarm in under 10 minutes. I have satellite tracking, and have been pinging it every minute for 10 days with no luck. AirTags are the new backup plan. Stash enough of them, they'll never find them all!

On the bright side I'm shopping Evoras now...
That is really sad... it is an awful feeling to have a car stolen (from first hand experience).

Not intending to be insensitive, but... do you really think AirTags are going to stop anyone organised who had intentionally targeted a car? Being in the technology game myself, I just can't bring myself to trust it... I think the best you can do is stick a big fat steel steering lock on, tuck it in a garage if you have one, and hope for the best. 😓

EDIT: I will add, "defence in depth" is totally a thing... an alarm, and a tracker, and some bluetooth tags, and a steering lock, and a doberman, and... :)

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TXEMIRA - i suspect you want to split "Just protection" and "protection" options... I totally want to protect My Baby out of the gate, but I'm certainly going to tweak a few things like wheel colour if the factory option isn't ringing my bell.

OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
@TXEMIRA - i suspect you want to split "Just protection" and "protection" options... I totally want to protect My Baby out of the gate, but I'm certainly going to tweak a few things like wheel colour if the factory option isn't ringing my bell.
Yes. Right on. Kind of seeing the trend here suggests lots of folks are protecting and doing other stuff.
But many are “just” protecting.
It’s serving its purpose for now I guess.

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To follow the format of others:
Full PPF + ceramic (wrap with black PPF to get Black Pack look, so this counted as a vote for "wrap")
Dashcam
Wheel respray / powder coat

EDIT: black nose badge and wheel centres when they are available (good shout @TomE )

Wait and see on tune, suspension, and exhaust ;) ... I haven't been shy about modding in the past, but changing the suspension on a Lotus makes me feel dirty :D

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That is really sad... it is an awful feeling to have a car stolen (from first hand experience).

Not intending to be insensitive, but... do you really think AirTags are going to stop anyone organised who had intentionally targeted a car? Being in the technology game myself, I just can't bring myself to trust it... I think the best you can do is stick a big fat steel steering lock on, tuck it in a garage if you have one, and hope for the best. 😓

EDIT: I will add, "defence in depth" is totally a thing... an alarm, and a tracker, and some bluetooth tags, and a steering lock, and a doberman, and... :)

Depth, exactly. I ordered the satellite tracker, and I’ll have a data-connected dashcam (I had a 2-channel cam in the Jeep but it wasn’t cloud connected). AirTags are really a novel extra layer. These guys clearly know how to hide a car from satellite, but it’s much harder to hide a car from millions of iPhones. I figure they’d get an alert that an AirTag is following them, at which point they’ll either ditch the car or stop and try to find it. If they stop after finding one, they may think additional messages are redundant or ditch the car realizing it’s a fool’s errand to find additional tags.

The local cops did suspect they would stash the car in a public garage for a few days to see if it could be tracked. A public garage blocks satellite but would be an easy recovery with AirTags.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Worth starting a dashcam thread to get people's opinions on which to fit?

I can recommend a couple of PPF installers in Surrey and Hampshire who've done plenty of Lotus cars before. One has got his own Emira on order for September delivery.

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Worth starting a dashcam thread to get people's opinions on which to fit?

I can recommend a couple of PPF installers in Surrey and Hampshire who've done plenty of Lotus cars before. One has got his own Emira on order for September delivery.
Another good call. Has anyone laid eyes on a late-pre-production-but-not-final-because-we-cant-commit-to-saying-final car to know whether there is USB power available near the mirror/light pod?

Personally, I prefer something I can tuck out of sight, without a screen.