Production issues

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@TomE - do you know how accurate these reports of production delays are? apologies for asking you but as Lotus don't seem to like updating deposit paying customers I had hope you might know someone who you can ask. As if now October onwards rather than "Spring" for early deposit holders that is quite a delay.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've been told the UK delivery dates are still as previously mentioned, so first V6 FE deliveries in April/May 2022 and press cars and dealer demos cars in Feb/Mar/Apr.

My hunch is the potential delays being mentioned at some of the US roadshows are because Lotus may be reallocating some of the initial production. This would be to increase volumes to the UK at the expense of other countries. Not great for people with non-UK deposits and Lotus should be more transparent about it, but I don't think it will be finalised until Dec/Jan when the production schedule for Q1/Q2/Q3 2022 is finalised (Q1 being press/demo cars). It's the same situation for UK V6 FE deposits - I don't think we'll have anything more certain on dates until Dec/Jan.

I'm guessing but assume this reallocation would be in response to the higher than expected demand in the UK (both total deposits and % opting for V6 FE). I also think any adding of a second shift won't be until late 2022, so doesn't help much with 2022 total volumes.

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The other aspect that will be increasingly important in future is driving technology. Like it or not, ADAS and other "driver aids" are going to become mandatory and are a step on the path to autonomous vehicles. Governments will justify it on the basis of accident reduction, more efficient use of road space, accessibility and so on.

So Lotus adding things like LIDAR to the Type 132 and investing in partnerships with auto-tech companies will be a good strategy to sit alongside their aerodynamics and lightweight (for an EV) expertise.
Thankfully we don't all live in the supposed utopia that many think we do, the ADAS and driver aids will struggle to cope with the roads I frequent 😉 Lets hope we are allowed to continue using our brains and eyeballs.

Attachments

• IMG_2596p.jpg
    IMG_2596p.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 61

Quantox

Reaction score
Thankfully we don't all live in the supposed utopia that many think we do, the ADAS and driver aids will struggle to cope with the roads I frequent 😉 Lets hope we are allowed to continue using our brains and eyeballs.
Looks fairly similar to my Lakeland location, if somewhat further east.

Colin