Picked up the Emira I4 FE Seneca Blue

N63

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been here for a while but just managed to register to share with the community some photos. Since the car is definitely within breakin period, I never reved the car over 3K RPM, so I'm afraid I can only share the driving experience (and engine sound for that matter) later.

The looks surely does not disappoint. I particularly like the white interior and the simple wheel design.

IMG_20231023_160742.jpg

IMG_20231023_160649.jpg
IMG_20231013_135500.jpg

IMG_20231013_134253.jpg

Last edited:

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations - this is almost my exact spec!

It would be great to hear any early impressions you have of the DCT manual gear change. Is there much delay in up and down shifts?

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congrats!! 🎉 I believe you are the first i4 owner on this forum (and first Lotus NYO owner at that! :)), and so I believe we can finally crown the winner of this thread! 🥇😁

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats. Curious as to when you put down your first deposit?

MajHall04

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is that the ADAS pod? If so, what features do you have included with the ADAS? Please comment on the I4 and DCT.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been here for a while but just managed to register to share with the community some photos. Since the car is definitely within breakin period, I never reved the car over 3K RPM, so I'm afraid I can only share the driving experience (and engine sound for that matter) later.

The looks surely does not disappoint. I particularly like the white interior and the simple wheel design.

View attachment 32629
View attachment 32630View attachment 32631
View attachment 32632

Congrats and welcome!

Zayex

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 32629
View attachment 32630View attachment 32631
View attachment 32632

First of all congratulations!

I hope you enjoy the car, you are going to have all of us who have chosen the I4 option looking forward to seeing you.

Tell us a little bit about the process, how was the process? did you have a lot of time on your mind? when did they let you know that you would have the car?

Thank you very much and we are waiting for more news from you.

OP
N

N63

Reaction score
Congratulations - this is almost my exact spec!

It would be great to hear any early impressions you have of the DCT manual gear change. Is there much delay in up and down shifts?
Since the car's mileage is still within double digits, I've been extremely gentle with my throttle. That said, there were indeed some inconsistencies in the timing of gear change and also some instances where the car just lurched forward. It could be the breakin period, or my very gentle throttle application confusing the transmission, or both:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
N

N63

Reaction score
Welcome, congratulations and that's very exciting news.

There will be A LOT of forum interest in your feedback of owning and driving the i4.
Thanks, Tom. Always appreciate what you've done for the community.

OP
N

N63

Reaction score
Congrats. Curious as to when you put down your first deposit?
Refundable deposit in August 2021, and non-refundable one in November 2021.

OP
N

N63

Reaction score
Congrats!! 🎉 I believe you are the first i4 owner on this forum (and first Lotus NYO owner at that! :)), and so I believe we can finally crown the winner of this thread! 🥇😁
That would be nice. There could very well be other folks from China who posted here though. Mine was on the third ship to China so there were at least two ships of Emira delivered before me.

OP
N

N63

Reaction score
Is that the ADAS pod? If so, what features do you have included with the ADAS? Please comment on the I4 and DCT.
Currently basic cruise control only. ACC is not enabled (yet).

For sure, I will be able to share on the engine and transmission after the break-in period.

OP
N

N63

Reaction score
First of all congratulations!

I hope you enjoy the car, you are going to have all of us who have chosen the I4 option looking forward to seeing you.

Tell us a little bit about the process, how was the process? did you have a lot of time on your mind? when did they let you know that you would have the car?

Thank you very much and we are waiting for more news from you.
The process in China is a bit different as it is a direct-to-consumer model here. Just like Tesla's, if you are familiar. In the summer of 2021, consumers were able to put down a small refundable deposit via the Lotus App without knowing the price. In November, the price was published, and people can put down ten times the previous deposit, this time non-refundable, via the same Lotus App. The process were automatic, and as long as the deposit channel is open (it closed for a while), one can put down the deposit via the App and is in line for a car, sooner or later.