• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Parking brake service message & wont start - how many others with this issue

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve heard a bunch of people needing to remove the battery to get the car working again. Is it worth installing something like this as a precaution? Especially if you aren’t at home.

IMG_5344.jpeg

Reactions: ADC

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve heard a bunch of people needing to remove the battery to get the car working again. Is it worth installing something like this as a precaution? Especially if you aren’t at home.
I doubt the physical key for the left door hidden in the fob was meant to be used on a daily basis. I'd hate to see it break inside the key cylinder...

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I didn’t really understand your last post, but then I watched this video, which was interesting

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I didn’t really understand your last post, but then I watched this video, which was interesting
If you disconnect power, you lock yourself out of the car unless you leave the boot open or doors unlocked. The physical key and wire latch shown in the video will help you get out of such situations, but the equipment is not designed for everyday use.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not sure why the last update seems to trigger this more often for you guys, but the bug existed as early as the 4th of April. Interestingly enough it never happened again for me. However I hit the known ESC error just today - didn’t see that for about 8k km either, so might mean nothing..

View attachment 31600

View attachment 31601
Sorry already lost the overview of all the errors 😂
The ESC error I hit yesterday is exactly the same and it’s just happened again. Also after the latest update so yeah - count me in hahahaha haha ha ha..

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also have this problem. Car has been with the dealer for over 4 weeks. Problem was created by the software “upgrade”. They have told me today they are awaiting a solution from Lotus UK with no idea of when it might be resolved. I have had the car since May 23 and it has been in the garage about 6 times since. Very similar to the 2 Emiras I had in the past. Lotus are now paying for my hire car but I’m starting to lose patience.
You're on your third emira?
There is a fix post upgrade as I've had it.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 31619

Yeah, I was thinking of putting something like this in the boot, not as a battery-saving or anti-theft measure, but to make "ctrl alt delete" moments as quick as possible.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 13.53.46.png

Reaction score
I was going to take mine for update week ago but couldn't make it. Sounds like have dodged a bullet, as only issue I have has is wipers and parking brake message.

JWJ9000

Reaction score
Since last upgrade and wiper fix I’ve had the same. Won’t start , just a click. Have too disconnect and reconnect battery. Now becoming increasingly frustrating. As a daily driver , it might happen every other day or 3 times in 1 day. I’ve left the battery cover off, and put a large 3d printed knob on the battery terminal connector so I can do it quickly without tools. Have a battery disconnect lying around, but with the arrangement of the cable and shunt don’t think it will fit easily.
Awaiting news of further update.
At least the wipers work. 😀

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was going to take mine for update week ago but couldn't make it. Sounds like have dodged a bullet, as only issue I have has is wipers and parking brake message.
Definitely don’t bother. Mine was 100% for 9 months until this apparently untested update (which I asked them not to do)

EFE

Reaction score
You're on your third emira?
There is a fix post upgrade as I've had it.
How recent is the fix for this?
Mine is with the dealer at the moment so wondering if I should ask for them to delay the software updates

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mine is with the dealer at the moment so wondering if I should ask for them to delay the software updates
I don’t believe they have a fix yet. I will get confirmation tomorrow. I wouldn’t let them touch it

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Mine had the fix on Wednesday last week. I believe two other were done the same day. I've done 500 miles since and it's not missed a beat.

Last edited:
OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mine had the fix on Wednesday last week. I believe two other were done the same day. I've done 500 miles since and it's not missed a beat.
Which dealer are you using - Lotus Silverstone told me yesterday that they were chasing Lotus for a solution but they had no response

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Which dealer are you using - Lotus Silverstone told me yesterday that they were chasing Lotus for a solution but they had no response
JCT600. It was solved by Lotus sending their own tech to the dealer

EFE

Reaction score
Andy, Mine is at Lotus Silverstone now so I need to get them to chase Lotus I guess, or maybe talk to JCT

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What I was told today is that they looked at 2 cars & 1 was fixed (yours) & the other still has issues. Also the fix was to revert to previous software rather than a true fix. so, if this is true then it sounds like they don’t have a proper solution. I am expecting a call tomorrow from a Lotus tech so hopefully I will get more insight then.

EFE

Reaction score
What I was told today is that they looked at 2 cars & 1 was fixed (yours) & the other still has issues. Also the fix was to revert to previous software rather than a true fix. so, if this is true then it sounds like they don’t have a proper solution. I am expecting a call tomorrow from a Lotus tech so hopefully I will get more insight then.
Andy, thanks for your feedback, much appreciated and at least I may have an option to have the old software reinstated.