Paint colors and other ideas

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I can see it being a cheap form of paint protection on the sills, bit that's about it. Things get busy real quick when you are adding yet another colour accent
That is exactly why I kept it to a minimum. This shape doesn't need it.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Wow they all look good. Can yoy do a rendition in red and full black pack? Cheers
Here are 3 versions.
Magma stripe 1.png

Magma stripe 1a.png

Magma stripe 2.png

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You know, after looking at it, as much as I love the iconic Lotus heritage look of British Racing Green with the yellow stripe, I'm not sure it works on this car. The Emira is not a retro/iconic shape, it's a very modern shape, and it's going to need something that's appropriate for its look. I'm not giving up, just going back to the drawing board so to speak to think of something that has the Lotus look and feel, but fits this modern of a shape.

View attachment 1805
View attachment 1806
I know what you mean about the different shape of the Emira and hence ability to wear a heritage colour scheme. I think that's where we have to go for "inspired by" rather than an exact copy. The green/yellow, black/gold, red/white heritage schemes have all been done on Elise/Exige and Evora, so there are several different interpretations. All three have been done on the Evija too:

Evija heritage colours jpg.jpg

There are also some less common but still historically significant colour schemes, like the Essex F1 scheme used on the Esprit and some Evoras, and the Type 99T (Camel) F1 yellow/blue scheme which has been used on the Evija:

Lotus-Essex-Turbo-Esprit.jpg

Lotus-Evija-Lyon-Air-Museum-48.jpg

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Due to some wanting different sun angles, time-of-day and such, I've created a set of pre-sets that you can refer to if you want to see your spec in that setting.

These are all done in pearl white so you can see what effect the sun/sky color is having on the paint surface.

June 8:00 am, Miami
Miami 8 am  in June.png

August 12 noon, New York
August noon, NY.png

May 12 noon, Los Angeles
May noon, Los Angeles.png

March 5:30 pm anywhere (you can request a major city anywhere)
March 5.30 pm.png

NR65NAR

Reaction score
Wow they all look good. Can yoy do a rendition in red and full black pack? Cheers
Brilliant, I'm going to get this integrated to the PFP that i plan to have fitted. Black wheels with yellow pinstripe and sills the same.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello @Eagle7
Thanks for this.
Could you please do Nimbus with red calipers and interior. But with Porsche satin platinum wheels. Good to see with black pack and without as well if bit being too greedy!
Thank you
porsche-Radnabenabdeckung.jpg

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the different shape of the Emira and hence ability to wear a heritage colour scheme. I think that's where we have to go for "inspired by" rather than an exact copy. The green/yellow, black/gold, red/white heritage schemes have all been done on Elise/Exige and Evora, so there are several different interpretations. All three have been done on the Evija too:

View attachment 1820

There are also some less common but still historically significant colour schemes, like the Essex F1 scheme used on the Esprit and some Evoras, and the Type 99T (Camel) F1 yellow/blue scheme which has been used on the Evija:

The Lotus Evija configurator is addictive! Warning, if you have not been on the Evija configurator, avoid at all cost. I was on there for at least one straight hour.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello @Eagle7
Thanks for this.
Could you please do Nimbus with red calipers and interior. But with Porsche satin platinum wheels. Good to see with black pack and without as well if bit being too greedy!
Thank youView attachment 1880
Looks like a satin metallic gray. How's this?

Leonard Satin 1.png

Leonard Satin 2.png

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
These renders are amazing - Ive just seen the Evija has a configurator including a lot of colours and design packs, wonder if those might be offered to the Emira in the future.?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
These renders are amazing - Ive just seen the Evija has a configurator including a lot of colours and design packs, wonder if those might be offered to the Emira in the future.?
It’s a broader range for Evija but some will be. There will be 13 colours from (probably) late 2022. And I’m expecting the Bespoke service to be re-launched sometime in 2023, where you can pick any colour (I think it has to be Dupont, but may be different with the new paint system) and pay a premium. That’s also included heritage schemes, stripes etc in the past.

I’m not sure the Elise or Evora configurators are still visible, but that would give you an idea of the range of previous base, metallic and pearlescent paints.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Here is the first real Hethel Yellow car
I don't have a night setting like that, but getting as close as I can with guessing at the wide angle lens, I'm pretty close. Looks like the color is a bit more saturated than I have, but that may be the lighting. I can certainly adjust the color to get real close to this.

Good to see something beside Shadow Gray and Seneca!

704DFD74-442B-4374-8E78-4ADD46199060.jpeg

Hethel Wide Angle.png

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s a broader range for Evija but some will be. There will be 13 colours from (probably) late 2022. And I’m expecting the Bespoke service to be re-launched sometime in 2023, where you can pick any colour (I think it has to be Dupont, but may be different with the new paint system) and pay a premium. That’s also included heritage schemes, stripes etc in the past.

I’m not sure the Elise or Evora configurators are still visible, but that would give you an idea of the range of previous base, metallic and pearlescent paints.
If you pull up the 2021 Evora brochure you can see the roster of recent color options. It’s extensive.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The more you look at these Emira body colours the more they do appear to be renamed existing Lotus colours! (bar Seneca).
Annoying if they actually are, what with all of the conjecture of how they will look etc

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The more you look at these Emira body colours the more they do appear to be renamed existing Lotus colours! (bar Seneca).
Annoying if they actually are, what with all of the conjecture of how they will look etc
They are certainly very similar, possibly a bit more fleck in the metallic