• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Ok, I'm saying it - the infotainment system sucks (but who cares)

OP
EmirOfDenmark

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Folks, I've solved the problem. It involves bringing my reading glasses and a USB cable. Done! I love it now :). (And still care just as much as before)

Finbarqs

Reaction score
Just get the mag safe charger, not that hard
That’s like saying just don’t use wireless CarPlay. Not that hard. (I do have MagSafe charger, and I’m making a case so that it’ll fit my iPhone and the charger together akin to the old battery cases)

Jarrad

Reaction score
It took me a while to navigate it but all seems ok for me now. Occasional glitch with Android Auto when the screen becomes unresponsive but it's rare. The only issue I have is that when I'm listening to the radio and want to shift stations with the steering wheel controls you can't click left or right between programmed favourite stations. It just seeks up or down to the next available DAB channel. Then you can't go back, and you have to use the main screen to do it all.

OP
EmirOfDenmark

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Let me try to put this slightly more constructively, than my initial venting post. I think that the infotainment system would be significantly better if:
1. The lettering was bigger, and contrast stronger. Maybe in tour mode it is bright and readable and in other modes is gets more discreet and gets out of the way. Adjustable, even better.
2. Was tilted more towards the driver
3. Had more stable wireless Apple CarPlay
4. Have better responsiveness - some times I just have to tap the very same spot multiple times to get a response.
5. As suggested on this thread, have a wireless charging plate.
6. I would like to switch off the touch sensitive controls on the wheel, or maybe in Sport they are only push buttons. So that when handling the wheel in more engaged driving you don’t accidentally touch the buttons.

What do you think? 1,3,4,6 could potentially be solved through an update.

All that said, I absolutely love my Emira more than any other car I’ve driven, even without any of this.

Just being picky.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm guessing quite a few of us care about the infotainment system, or we'd have all bought an Evora?
To be fair, the Alpine system in the GT/GT410/GT430 is fine - wireless CarPlay connects every time, radio and music sounds OK, calls are clear, nav works.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair, the Alpine system in the GT/GT410/GT430 is fine - wireless CarPlay connects every time, radio and music sounds OK, calls are clear, nav works.

Yup. 😎

My only complaint is the pathetic reverse cam resolution, which I can certainly deal with.

ToonFan

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Audio signal will always be better via direct cable connection to the car- no matter the brand. Better signal= Better sound.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is probably going to bug me when I get my car... Does anyone know how the screen is mounted on the dash? Perhaps some sort of adjustable mount can be fabricated to allow the screen to swivel (without getting too loose) ?

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The only thing CarPlay in the Elise is on the twisty bits with the roof off. What is the "stereo" thing you talk of - must be some futuristic thing ...

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Let me try to put this slightly more constructively, than my initial venting post. I think that the infotainment system would be significantly better if:
1. The lettering was bigger, and contrast stronger. Maybe in tour mode it is bright and readable and in other modes is gets more discreet and gets out of the way. Adjustable, even better.
3. Had more stable wireless Apple CarPlay
4. Have better responsiveness - some times I just have to tap the very same spot multiple times to get a response.
5. As suggested on this thread, have a wireless charging plate.
6. I would like to switch off the touch sensitive controls on the wheel, or maybe in Sport they are only push buttons. So that when handling the wheel in more engaged driving you don’t accidentally touch the buttons.

What do you think? 1,3,4,6 could potentially be solved through an update.

All that said, I absolutely love my Emira more than any other car I’ve driven, even without any of this.

Just being picky.
Firstly, what's tour mode??? Never heard of it 😄

Might be worth contacting yiur dealer for the updates, mines a 6/3/23 car and its had two infotainment updates. That said I've had no issue with it from the start (Android) but even the basic non android auto systems, heating, radio etc work super quick and first time. Also not struggling with the contrast/brightness, I assume yiu have it turned up to max?

OP
EmirOfDenmark

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Firstly, what's tour mode??? Never heard of it 😄

Might be worth contacting yiur dealer for the updates, mines a 6/3/23 car and its had two infotainment updates. That said I've had no issue with it from the start (Android) but even the basic non android auto systems, heating, radio etc work super quick and first time. Also not struggling with the contrast/brightness, I assume yiu have it turned up to max?
I’ve heard of this tour mode… :)
I’ll check the updates. Thx.

dave355

Reaction score
Hi does anyone have issues with the radio my reception is very poor only picking up very strong stations and no dab stations at all .maybe the Ariel is disconnected anyone know where it plus in ?

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi does anyone have issues with the radio my reception is very poor only picking up very strong stations and no dab stations at all .maybe the Ariel is disconnected anyone know where it plus in ?
Antennas is the windscreen. Did you refresh the stations? It's a "pull-to-refresh" kind of thing, kinda hidden

SteveB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had exactly the same thing couple of months after collecting the car. Performed a scan for available stations at the time of collection but to be honest I don’t use the radio much at all (don’t think the sound quality is that good for the radio) and prefer a supercharged V6 soundtrack and occasionally apple car play. Managed to recover the missing DAB stations by rescanning. Have now saved my preferred DAB stations and no issues since. A case of use it or loose it!

BarryH

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
While I can't complain about the quality of sound coming from the KEFs there has been a number of changes to the Infotainment features - ie they have simply been removed from the Australian Spec.

Without going into details of the somewhat astounding responses by the HQ team, I'd be interested to hear from the folks who have got their cars In the Middle East & Asia as to what functionality has been removed from the car and were you explicitly told this was the case prior to signing up for the car?

We have attempted to have a discussion with Hethel on the unannounced removal of functionality (even after I had placed the order), without much success, and hence before having a broader rant (and explaining the greater issue), it would be good to understand what other markets have or have not received in their cars infotainment (eg. DAB, GPS). To be honest, the responses from HQ have been slightly bizarre (when we have got them) and even bordered on arrogance (or at least a disconnection with their "new" expanded customer base)

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
While I can't complain about the quality of sound coming from the KEFs there has been a number of changes to the Infotainment features - ie they have simply been removed from the Australian Spec.

Without going into details of the somewhat astounding responses by the HQ team, I'd be interested to hear from the folks who have got their cars In the Middle East & Asia as to what functionality has been removed from the car and were you explicitly told this was the case prior to signing up for the car?

We have attempted to have a discussion with Hethel on the unannounced removal of functionality (even after I had placed the order), without much success, and hence before having a broader rant (and explaining the greater issue), it would be good to understand what other markets have or have not received in their cars infotainment (eg. DAB, GPS). To be honest, the responses from HQ have been slightly bizarre (when we have got them) and even bordered on arrogance (or at least a disconnection with their "new" expanded customer base)
Do I understand correctly - DAB and GPS are straight out missing on the Australian spec?

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Do I understand correctly - DAB and GPS are straight out missing on the Australian spec?
Yes, without any warning or notification or any willingness to communicate with Australian customers. And keep in mind, we are paying about £115,000 or US$140,000 for an Emira here!

Meanwhile, an entry-level Kia or MG comes with these as standard.

Finbarqs

Reaction score
Yes, without any warning or notification or any willingness to communicate with Australian customers. And keep in mind, we are paying about £115,000 or US$140,000 for an Emira here!

Meanwhile, an entry-level Kia or MG comes with these as standard.

Finbarqs

Reaction score
You’re comparing a Kia to a lotus… it’s like saying “well my Miata has more luggage room than my Ferrari and a lotus costs way more!”