Ok, I'm saying it - the infotainment system sucks (but who cares)

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The love for this car and how it drives lets me forget about the infotainment system, but....
  • It is slow
  • It is dark
  • It is unresponsive
  • It has glare
  • The letters are too small
  • The contrast is too low
  • It is not tilted towards the driver
  • Wireless Apple car play is a game of bingo, where you lose most of the time
I've seen reviews saying it is ok, I don't think it is. If they botched anything on this car, it is the infotainment system. I pretty much just don't use it, unless I have to.
Am I missing something, an update, or some way of optimising it?

But, with the ride handling and the sound of the engine - who cares?

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I don't own a car but from my test drive, the placement of that center screen is awful. Not integrated at all.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Android Auto synced flawlessly during my test drives and seemed to be responsive enough. Only thing that really bothered me were the thick bezels.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The love for this car and how it drives lets me forget about the infotainment system, but....
  • It is slow
  • It is dark
  • It is unresponsive
  • It has glare
I've seen reviews saying it is ok, I don't think it is. If they botched anything on this car, it is the infotainment system. I pretty much just don't use it, unless I have to.

Have to agree, Apple Car Play works wirelessly 50% of the time. Can’t get DAB at all. Our other (cheaper) cars all do this better, and I’m surprised Geely couldn’t get this bit right. Good job the car is epic otherwise to make up for this 🤩

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Have to agree, Apple Car Play works wirelessly 50% of the time. Can’t get DAB at all. Our other (cheaper) cars all do this better, and I’m surprised Geely couldn’t get this bit right. Good job the car is epic otherwise to make up for this 🤩
Luck of the draw I guess I've not hade any issues at all with connection. I will also say that whilst the KEF system is being slated one thing I have is that when you are really red lining the car (90-100+) the system has an uncanny way of being pitch perfect under extreme load. Sitting in the car park listening to a track, I agree its is not great.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
  • It is slow
  • It is dark
  • It is unresponsive
  • It has glare

I absolutely hate technology unless its complete intuitive and works.
I am very pleased with it and how it works, I actually cant fault it. I thought it looked a bit mickey mouse on the test drive but have really grown to like it. If you want something to drive you completely bonkers when the Taycan loses your phone/car play that really is a pig.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think it's a decent setup tbh. Better than my E-Class I had. Wireless car play is laggy though, not tried wired.

I put connection issues down to the iPhone, Bluetooth is crappy on all my Apple devices; Keyboards, trackpads, AirPod Pros ect ect. So having to manually connect the Bluetooth is not out of the ordinary for me.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think it's a decent setup tbh. Better than my E-Class I had. Wireless car play is laggy though, not tried wired.

I put connection issues down to the iPhone, Bluetooth is crappy on all my Apple devices; Keyboards, trackpads, AirPod Pros ect ect. So having to manually connect the Bluetooth is not out of the ordinary for me.
I second that, it's not always the car's fault.

In the last time I found Apple carplay to be faulty with my BMW M2, too. So I guess it's up to iOS and those regular updates where it can get tricky. It loses connection after a short break and restarting the engine, when I'm on the school-run. There was a time when this worked falwlessly.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
  • It is slow
  • It is dark
  • It is unresponsive
  • It has glare

4mths in and I agree... with absolutely none of this 🤣 absolutely nailed it imo,

koorby

Reaction score
Yes it’s shite, but I didn’t buy the car to listen to music. Wireless CarPlay connects 50% of the time. It’s Lotus, not Apple. Because it connects flawlessly on my Macan every single time.

Finbarqs

Reaction score
I think wireless Apple CarPlay without wireless qi makes it useless. I plug my phone in every time I get my car to start charging it so I have all day battery.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think wireless Apple CarPlay without wireless qi makes it useless. I plug my phone in every time I get my car to start charging it so I have all day battery.
Just get the mag safe charger, not that hard

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes it’s shite, but I didn’t buy the car to listen to music. Wireless CarPlay connects 50% of the time. It’s Lotus, not Apple. Because it connects flawlessly on my Macan every single time.
It is, it’s the (hidden) wireless network CarPlay and AA use that takes too long to show up

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I do the same thing and have never had a problem connecting. I have a spare cable in the arm rest and connect my iPhone as soon as I start the engine.

Raymond

Reaction score
Dunno how you're using the infotainment but its pretty ****ing robust compared with every other infotainment system Ive used! Im not a fan of loud, garish screens so this one's minimalist look and ease of use hits the spot.

Being said, carplay auto-connectivity is a bit of a joke - albeit a deeply mysterious, not very funny one.