Oh boy, the time is here, and I'm not ready yet!

OhBaxter

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I’d enquired months ago and was told the FE was sold out. Being bummed and benched I didn’t put too much thought into the specs. Then I got a call out of the blue from the dealer a week or so ago saying a FE slot had become available, but only had days to choose my specs! So stoked and grateful to get a start, but what a brain melt choosing a design! 🤯

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Do you guys worry this much about painting the walls at home as well? 😆
Maybe one of the FE colours could have been magnolia, would have been a lot easier to choose 😛

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I’d enquired months ago and was told the FE was sold out. Being bummed and benched I didn’t put too much thought into the specs. Then I got a call out of the blue from the dealer a week or so ago saying a FE slot had become available, but only had days to choose my specs! So stoked and grateful to get a start, but what a brain melt choosing a design! 🤯
So what did you end up going with?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was that for a V6 or an I4?

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, in what appears to be the universe telling me to quit worrying over this choice and just enjoy it, my dealer called this morning, while I was driving my father to the ER for what appears to be a mini-stroke.

He's stable, and in good hands, but still a little slow/confused. He had been up a ladder at the time, so lucky he didn't just fall off and get killed, never had anything like that happen before and he's healthy/active and just 71 years old.

So, when things calmed down, I called the dealership, gave him the spec and was done thinking/worrying about this silly thing, once and for all.

And that's what you call perspective.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well, in what appears to be the universe telling me to quit worrying over this choice and just enjoy it, my dealer called this morning, while I was driving my father to the ER for what appears to be a mini-stroke.

He's stable, and in good hands, but still a little slow/confused. He had been up a ladder at the time, so lucky he didn't just fall off and get killed, never had anything like that happen before and he's healthy/active and just 71 years old.

So, when things calmed down, I called the dealership, gave him the spec and was done thinking/worrying about this silly thing, once and for all.

Hope he recovers well and quickly. Glad he avoided catastrophic injury, likewise hope there's positive news from here on

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hope he recovers well and quickly. Glad he avoided catastrophic injury, likewise hope there's positive news from here on
Agree, was about to write something similar. Hope all ends well and he has a speedy recovery.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Indeed. Sorry about your dad - hope he is doing ok and recovering. It certainly does make all the color mania, wheel gap craze, 400+ hp strife and other controversies around this big kid toy seem a bit trivial in the scheme of things. We're quite fortunate to have these "problems".

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Hoping he gets well soon, I’m sure he’s in good hands. You’re right in what you say, there are bigger things to worry about than the colour of a big boys toy

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Just said a prayer for your father and you. Hoping for the best!

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry to hear about your father and hope he recovers soon. I just gave my almost 80 year old father a ride in the Evora for the first time ever today (of course to see a doctor). He said "your car makes a lot of sounds". He also thought it was a Japanese car. Good times!!

OhBaxter

Reaction score

Well said. All the best with your father. Can’t wait to go for a drive in mine with my aging dear old dad, who used to race MGs many years ago. I’m keeping it a surprise from him until then

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, I just want to start out by saying thank you so much to everyone on the forums that have been lending support today, including prayers and well wishes. My father is staying in the hospital overnight and is doing much better than he was earlier today. It appears there was some type of small blockage in the back of his brain that caused a mini stroke. They are starting him on baby aspirin and cholesterol medicine in hopes that it will work itself out. It's not something you can just have surgery on to take care of. I am fortunate to have an older brother who is a doctor and worked over the phone with the doctor that was taking care of my father today and they came up with a plan for diagnosing him and making sure he was not sent home too soon. I think that he should make a full recovery and it will hopefully not be a repeat event. I felt very thankful that I was working less than a mile away from where he happened to be today when he had this occurrence.

All of that excitement aside, I feel good about locking in my Emira spec, and look forward to the day when it actually arrives. For now I will just live vicariously through everyone on the forums that will hopefully be getting theirs much sooner than I will. Thank you again for the support, it is a very unforeseen place that I would get to talk with people about such an event, so I just want to say that it was nice that everybody had well wishes to send my way.

#forthethoughtful

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well, I just want to start out by saying thank you so much to everyone on the forums that have been lending support today, including prayers and well wishes. My father is staying in the hospital overnight and is doing much better than he was earlier today. It appears there was some type of small blockage in the back of his brain that caused a mini stroke. They are starting him on baby aspirin and cholesterol medicine in hopes that it will work itself out. It's not something you can just have surgery on to take care of. I am fortunate to have an older brother who is a doctor and worked over the phone with the doctor that was taking care of my father today and they came up with a plan for diagnosing him and making sure he was not sent home too soon. I think that he should make a full recovery and it will hopefully not be a repeat event. I felt very thankful that I was working less than a mile away from where he happened to be today when he had this occurrence.

All of that excitement aside, I feel good about locking in my Emira spec, and look forward to the day when it actually arrives. For now I will just live vicariously through everyone on the forums that will hopefully be getting theirs much sooner than I will. Thank you again for the support, it is a very unforeseen place that I would get to talk with people about such an event, so I just want to say that it was nice that everybody had well wishes to send my way.

#forthethoughtful
Well said and god bless my brother…

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

#forthethoughtful
Great to hear he is getting thoughtful care from the medical staff and your brother's input. Thoughts with you and him. Hopefully he'll laugh when you tell him this episode helped you get a sense of perspective about your spec :)

It's funny how communities develop. There's definitely a collection of values you see around here, including the care and support you've seen. My wife does that eye roll thing when I talk about some of the stuff happening on here: "those 'online friends' you've never actually met" as she calls it. Well, they're a pretty decent bunch.