Number of Emira registrations in Germany

schorsch

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just registered my new Emira (a post in the journals sub-forum will follow once I have collected my car) here in Germany.
Given that, I looked up how many Emiras are already registered in Germany. This information is publicly available through the "Kraftfahrtbundesamt" (KBA): https://www.kba.de/DE/Statistik/Fah...euzulassungen/monatl_neuzulassungen_node.html (german only)

Here the numbers for the Emira:
  • Oct 2022: 3
  • Nov 2022: 14
  • Dec 2022: 9
  • Jan 2023: 11
We do have a few active members from Germany who have their cars already here in the forum, so the number of registrations provides a bit of a perspective on how many cars there are on the road (37 + at least mine registered in Feb ;-)) vs how many folks have issues with their cars.

Thanks, that's useful information. Do dealers have to register their demo cars and are they included in those numbers?

There have also been some cars delivered to German dealers but weren't customer cars and are being advertised as dealer stock. I assume those won't be registered until a customer buys them.

Thanks, that's useful information. Do dealers have to register their demo cars and are they included in those numbers?

There have also been some cars delivered to German dealers but weren't customer cars and are being advertised as dealer stock. I assume those won't be registered until a customer buys them.
Dealers will often use special number plates for test drives which don't require registration of the car. So while they could register their cars, especially if they want to to be test driven often, they don't have to. I can check in with Komotec when I fetch my car in a few days.
Cars that are sitting in the show room only are for sure not registered until they get bought by a customer.

We have a similar situation in the UK. Dealers can run cars on "trade plates" but usually this is for one-off test drives or moving an unregistered car. The regular demo cars are usually on a standard road registration.

Hi there,

I have just registered my new Emira (a post in the journals sub-forum will follow once I have collected my car) here in Germany.
Given that, I looked up how many Emiras are already registered in Germany. This information is publicly available through the "Kraftfahrtbundesamt" (KBA): https://www.kba.de/DE/Statistik/Fah...euzulassungen/monatl_neuzulassungen_node.html (german only)

We do have a few active members from Germany who have their cars already here in the forum, so the number of registrations provides a bit of a perspective on how many cars there are on the road (37 + at least mine registered in Feb ;-)) vs how many folks have issues with their cars.
What has been reaction from Porsche community, things being upfront and personal?

What has been reaction from Porsche community, things being upfront and personal?
Haha, good question.

If you refer to the registration numbers you can see that the amount of Emiras doesn't harm them at all.

Porsche drivers reactions in Germany:

I'd say you have to divide them in two categories. Especially in the bigger cities there are many type of Porsche drivers which do not really care for car culture and just drive a 911 because its an expensive, luxurious car. You see them driving their Porsches with suits in the after work commute traffic. Plenty of those don't flick an eye (as people in Germany generally tend to show more signs of envy and jealousy towards expensive cars, which is sad).

The second category is the "real" car enthusiast who loves Porsche for their history and driving engagement. These guys absolutely adore and "get" the Emira and are a very cool bunch to hang around in general. 🙂 I had nothing but positive reactions from the enthusiasts community so far.

And to stay on topic:

I heard from my dealer back in October that he didn't expect to get more cars for a few months, so that was probably the second round in January.

37 cars is like almoust nothing. I got my car from Komotec also in Oct, but its not registered in Germany.

I second that in Germany (at least in western and southern parts) you get very little reaction from public, whatever nice car you drive. And its a country with huge enthusiast scene, car industry & heritage. When I did 1700 km roadtrip in Oct in my Emira, got thumbs up only from guys in really nice restomodded Porsche and few pensioneers came to chat. For me its a good thing, don't like much attention.

I've seen 3 dealer cars, all with standard registration :)

Hi there,

Update: 12 cars registered in February.
@TomE : is it possible to edit my own posts instead of just replying to them? Didn‘t find any button for this (Using Safari as broeser).

Yes, you should see an Edit button at the bottom of your posts.