• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK Reasons?

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am finding it alarming how many have waited so long for the Emira - and now after all this time, have either cancelled so close to delivery, delayed for i4, or just flipped immediately.

What are the main reasons for this; have people just become frustrated to the point of no return, or have enough people sampled the car and just think its crap?

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Define "many".
Many as in for a car that is being delivered each week across the UK in the dozens rather than the hundreds, there seems to be a lot of negative feedback rather than positive (it seems)

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Define "many".
He's referring to the cancellations thread, where about 6 or 8 people from the UK are suddenly reporting they've cancelled and demanded refund. These seem to have occurred at a range of different times, but they are all reporting it to the forum simultaneously so it looks quite alarming.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
He's referring to the cancellations thread, where about 6 or 8 people from the UK are suddenly reporting they've cancelled and demanded refund. These seem to have occurred at a range of different times, but they are all reporting it to the forum simultaneously so it looks quite alarming.
basically yes, I am still very much in and due for Mar build, Apr delivery, its just concerning and wondering the core reasons why people are cancelling when there has not been any further delayed comms sent (to the best of my knowledge)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
basically yes, I am still very much in and due for Mar build, Apr delivery, its just concerning and wondering the core reasons why people are cancelling when there has not been any further delayed comms sent (to the best of my knowledge)
I'd say in no particular order:

- crappy Lotus customer experience taking shine off of the car (add in excessive wait times here.

- change of circumstances. Cost of living/investments etc etc was at a high (good high) when Emira was launched.

- reported faults on early cars and a mixed message from Lotus about fixes and/or dealing with the issue in a timely manner.

- not as expected after test drive/looked at other brands models and gone with a different car.

Think that's about it isn't it?

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also take it all with a grain of salt because the UK economic, political, and cultural context is quite different from the US. They also have a significant range of alternative sports car options at attainable prices, that either aren't sold at all in the US or are priced much higher here.

I'm just saying, the "should I buy this" calculus will be quite different for a UK buyers vs a US one.

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'd say in no particular order:

- crappy Lotus customer experience taking shine off of the car (add in excessive wait times here.

- change of circumstances. Cost of living/investments etc etc was at a high (good high) when Emira was launched.

- reported faults on early cars and a mixed message from Lotus about fixes and/or dealing with the issue in a timely manner.

- not as expected after test drive/looked at other brands models and gone with a different car.

Think that's about it isn't it?
The first two for sure!!! There was no cost of living crisis 2 years ago when many of us placed our deposits. Much harder to justify now when the cost of everything has sky-rocketed. It's definitely not the car, all the reviews are extremely positive and it's great to drive trust me. I'm sticking with my order but I'd be lying if I said that cancelling hadn't crossed my mind a few times.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I just got confirmation about my cancellation and refund.
My reasons are:
1. AMG i4 delays have been significant, still unknown about price of Base Spec vs FE (don’t even mention about KEF speakers!! 😂)
2. Quality control seems to be poor even on the V6 and my nearest dealer being 3hrs drive away. Makes me worry about being first batch of new i4 drivetrain.
3. APR increased since initial deposit
4. Very little information from LCC
5. Other Economical Factors
6. Just sick of waiting….
7. Postponed ICE ban to 2030 made it less pressing to buy now!
8. Worries about parts if things goes wrong - further potential significant wait even in warranty!
9. Life is too short to be just hanging around waiting

Last edited:

Vanman1936

Reaction score
If you speak to lotus on the ground / dealer staff there have been very little actual cancellations and flip sales are at a premium.

Also, most actual owner reviews are very good. So I think that particular thread is a bit of an echo chamber. Having driven it myself, it is a VERY good car.

I am also in no mad rush and my circumstances haven’t changed so the reasons that may affect some others don’t bother me.

Mine is due in June FWIW.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you speak to lotus on the ground / dealer staff there have been very little actual cancellations and flip sales are at a premium.

Also, most actual owner reviews are very good. So I think that particular thread is a bit of an echo chamber. Having driven it myself, it is a VERY good car.

I am also in no mad rush and my circumstances haven’t changed so the reasons that may affect some others don’t bother me.

Mine is due in June FWIW.
are you manual or auto - do we know of anyone who has test driven auto yet?

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
are you manual or auto - do we know of anyone who has test driven auto yet?
Are we even aware that an auto vehicle exists? I'm not sure I've ever seen a photo of one in production form.

I think I remember that the Lotus Driving Academy folks had one but I'm not sure I've seen it photographed.

This could be my failing memory, I'm in my 40s now, after all. 🤣

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm an Auto order so been following closely and cant remember seeing anything Auto related.....

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Are we even aware that an auto vehicle exists? I'm not sure I've ever seen a photo of one in production form.

I think I remember that the Lotus Driving Academy folks had one but I'm not sure I've seen it photographed.

This could be my failing memory, I'm in my 40s now, after all. 🤣
@Porter in Ade’s (Evotion) video of all six coloured cars lined up outside the factory, there was an auto V6 shown

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Porter in Ade’s (Evotion) video of all six coloured cars lined up outside the factory, there was an auto V6 shown
but not running? / being driven? Most of the early interior shots were of the auto layout not the manual..

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@GAVLA they shouldn’t be, I was assured by the MD they were going into production next month
Fingers crossed.

I wonder who the 'lucky' auto guinea pig will be??? Sweepstake anyone? 🤡

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
My 2c -

-Way too high expectations for a niche brand/minuscule manufacturer.

-Instant satisfaction MO

-Blown out of proportion initial issues. All reported ones are real, but excessive reaction.