Now that reviews are out is anyone having 2nd thoughts about Emira ?

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
On top of the Cayman, or whatever it is now called, being ugly IMHO, I can also not shake away that 'poor man's Porsche' thought in my head. I'd always desire a 911, any 911, well over ANY Cayman.
That's just me. I understand that the Cayman in some forms is considered a real weapon.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
On top of the Cayman, or whatever it is now called, being ugly IMHO, I can also not shake away that 'poor man's Porsche' thought in my head. I'd always desire a 911, any 911, well over ANY Cayman.
That's just me. I understand that the Cayman in some forms is considered a real weapon.

Tough to call yourself a car person if you’d take a base 911 over say a GT4RS.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
No, not really. It totally depends on how you use the car. A GT4RS is absolutely miserable as a daily driver in most cities, and you'd feel like a complete tw*t pulling up outside the school to pick up the kids . . . so for that situation, a base 911 would be a far better choice.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ha, well, I cannot be the only person on here who takes the ;looks of the car as a HUGE part of the overall decision. The 911 has history and I have ached for one since I was a kid.

I simply do not find the GTS attractive in the slightest and for the money, what will it REALLY Be, £200K - no thanks.

The GT4 is likely 50% more expensive in the real world. I have not looked. Not interested.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have to say, the mood and rebound I'm seeing in the forum today is very refreshing. It's good to see people's sense of humor coming out from behind the clouds and shining. Some of you are just killing me today; Mr. Grumpy pants... who knew you were an ace stand-up comic!? Some of you others are also killing it today. I think I've laughed more this morning than I have in the last month of reading this forum.

Very good to see...cheers to you all! 🍻

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have to say, the mood and rebound I'm seeing in the forum today is very refreshing. It's good to see people's sense of humor coming out from behind the clouds and shining. Some of you are just killing me today; Mr. Grumpy pants... who knew you were an ace stand-up comic!? Some of you others are also killing it today. I think I've laughed more this morning than I have in the last month of reading this forum.

Very good to see...cheers to you all! 🍻
I've just decided to tell myself that there's an amazing new supercharged Toyota MR2 coming out in limited quantities and I've got one! Now I can stop comparing the car to anything other than the 1986 MR2 I drove as a teenager. Somehow reliving my youth through this lens adds the needed nostalgia to overcome EMIRA, er, I mean the "New MR2's" reviews.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Oooo I’m nearing towards my hard limit I’ve now just discovered from on line review that driver gets NO vanity mirror. Come on Lotus us girls are also buying the Emira so how am I going to do my full hair and makeup now whilst revving the **** off the my Emira - or right that’s is I can’t cos limiter is set to 6800 tut tut tut 🤦‍♀️💄💋🤭🤣😜

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've just decided to tell myself that there's an amazing new supercharged Toyota MR2 coming out in limited quantities and I've got one! Now I can stop comparing the car to anything other than the 1986 MR2 I drove as a teenager. Somehow reliving my youth through this lens adds the needed nostalgia to overcome EMIRA, er, I mean the "New MR2's" reviews.
So you're buying an EMR2A? You'll be the envy of all Rick Astley fans.

Reactions: JKP

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oooo I’m nearing towards my hard limit I’ve now just discovered from on line review that driver gets NO vanity mirror. Come on Lotus us girls are also buying the Emira so how am I going to do my full hair and makeup now whilst revving the **** off the my Emira - or right that’s is I can’t cos limiter is set to 6800 tut tut tut 🤦‍♀️💄💋
Well now that's exactly why there's no mirror! It's for the drivers, so when you're in the driver's seat, you're supposed to be driving. I know, what a concept, right? It's for your safety, but then of course you won't need any make-up dearie. You're in an Emira so you automatically look lovely, really you do.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Oooo I’m nearing towards my hard limit I’ve now just discovered from on line review that driver gets NO vanity mirror. Come on Lotus us girls are also buying the Emira so how am I going to do my full hair and makeup now whilst revving the **** off the my Emira - or right that’s is I can’t cos limiter is set to 6800 tut tut tut 🤦‍♀️💄💋🤭🤣😜
shocked-candiace-dillard-bassett.gif

All these guys in here realizing you aren't just another guy... 😉

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am like 90% sure that's a pre-production thing. I hope... Seems odd if not

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'd have to say, owning a bog standard 981 63 plate Cayman S (3.8 NA) and a 991.1 64 plate 911 GTS (3.8 NA).... The cayman was way more fun and less compromised to drive, despite it's poor man moniker. The GTS, especially the exhaust note, was more special. But damn that cayman was a go-kart and a half. I don't think the 911 was better dynamically in any way at all... More understeer at the limit, less playful at the limit, oversteer wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable to hold and you really felt the mass moving around on track. Not more weight, just more weight in the wrong places - absolutely none over the front wheels. Obviously this is in the context of the 2 cars together, they're still actually both brilliant and fun to drive, just don't tell a 911 enthusiast that the cayman is a much better car....

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd have to say, owning a bog standard 981 63 plate Cayman S (3.8 NA) and a 991.1 64 plate 911 GTS (3.8 NA).... The cayman was way more fun and less compromised to drive, despite it's poor man moniker. The GTS, especially the exhaust note, was more special. But damn that cayman was a go-kart and a half. I don't think the 911 was better dynamically in any way at all... More understeer at the limit, less playful at the limit, oversteer wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable to hold and you really felt the mass moving around on track. Not more weight, just more weight in the wrong places - absolutely none over the front wheels. Obviously this is in the context of the 2 cars together, they're still actually both brilliant and fun to drive, just don't tell a 911 enthusiast that the cayman is a much better car....
Wait...............there's no vanity mirror?

*cancels deposit*

I kidddddddd.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
they're still actually both brilliant and fun to drive, just don't tell a 911 enthusiast that the cayman is a much better car....
Absolutely. The Cayman is friggin awesome. I have never said otherwise.
It is just the looks, perception and amount out there that puts me off.

The Cayman is a butch tattooed lesbian whereas the Emira is Margot Robbie.

Yes, the former will win every battle, fist fight and drinking contest but I know who I would want seen on my arm.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Absolutely. The Cayman is friggin awesome. I have never said otherwise.
It is just the looks, perception and amount out there that puts me off.

The Cayman is a butch tattooed lesbian whereas the Emira is Margot Robbie.

Yes, the former will win every battle, fist fight and drinking contest but I know who I would want seen on my arm.
The former I assume

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I saw that as a plus. I don’t want to see my ugly mug everytime I get in the car 🤓

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Please tell me this is NOT true it can’t be surely a Nisan Micra would achieve that lol I tried to time it and looked over the 4.3 I just assumed I’d mis timed the actual Go point 😱🤯😮😬😳😮😱😱😱😱😱
It’s absolutely not true and the fact he even published that drivel is the equivalent of YouTube clickbait.