Now that reviews are out is anyone having 2nd thoughts about Emira ?

Krisjc21

Reaction score
Although Emira is beautiful it seems like you will get more bang for your bucks with other car

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In honesty I am a bit. I thought it would be overwhelming praise but it felt a bit more muted. I am struggling to justify selling my Alpine plus adding £30k. Whilst the Emira clearly is more beautiful I think the Alpine May suit me better, lightweight etc

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am reconsidering as well. There's just not enough beyond good looks here to get excited about. I wish Lotus would have just updated the Evora GTs bodywork, added a Komotec 460hp kit, and chose how to best invest no more than 50 lbs. in whatever way they could to spruce up the interior and I would have been all over it.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Last time I bought a car sight unseen and undriven, despite my extensive research, it turned out to be a nightmare. Never again I swore.

I was told by my local LOTUS dealer and LOTUS USA Corporate that every dealer will have a car to test drive. After that test drive, and only after that will I buy the car.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think the be all and end all is - go drive the car when you can. See if it ticks your boxes and makes you happy. Delay your order if you can't drive it before buying it.

Don't entirely form your opinions based on other's experiences. The professional reviewers have shown how much variance there is on opinions, even though they're assessing similar things.

r1lee

Reaction score
I've purchased a number of vehicles undriven.
Z3, R8 and LC500 Convertible. All worked out great, especially the LC500, reviews were awesome and owning it, I've felt every bit as blown away as all the reviewers.

I am now leaning towards cancelling my deposit and just getting my wife the 911. I can deal with the shortcomings on speed, cabin room etc etc. But the car itself must breath some sort of emotion to make you want to have it and drive it. So far, that hasn't been the case. It looks great is all i'm hearing.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wasn’t planning to fully commit until I’d driven it so that’s not changed but hard not to feel a teeny bit less excited than I was after the reviews today.

Wish I’d only watched Harry’s review today 😬

I didn’t realise purchasing a Lotus would be such an emotional rollercoaster 😆

r1lee

Reaction score
in reality the biggest thing i'm not seeing in these reviews are "excitement" very very monotone, just another day in the office type of thing. Maybe we need more Youtube reviewers to review this car, they seem to have much more excitement.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I was planning on test driving anyway since I'm down in the deposit list. Hard to make a judgement without a hands on experience.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm fully committed and not going anywhere. I plan to test drive an Emira at my dealer before taking delivery. That drive will be my determining factor. After watching/reading today's reviews, my biggest concern is the transmission shift feel and overall comfort/handing dynamics.

I'm also relieved to know a new Lotus dealer is opening 20-30 minutes from my home and I will no longer have to drive 2 hours each way for service and parts.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
in reality the biggest thing i'm not seeing in these reviews are "excitement" very very monotone, just another day in the office type of thing. Maybe we need more Youtube reviewers to review this car, they seem to have much more excitement.

Yes this!! Some of these guys missed their morning coffee. I was falling asleep watching a couple of the review vids earlier.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am past my boy/road racer days...I enjoy a bit of throttle, a bit of noise, a bit of feedback, looking good and feeling good. To me this is the Noble M12 of this decade, and that's the favourite car I have owned to date. So far the Emira is ticking all my boxes...no changes here (though I am tempted to pick up an old school Exige to add to the garage for a few track days)

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Although Emira is beautiful it seems like you will get more bang for your bucks with other car

I'm torn, but also a realist. I try and stay objective. It's easy to complain about the shortcomings, I'm guilty myself. I'm very upset we're getting a detuned engine (at least in the US).

However, I then ask myself: what would I rather have? You know... in the real world, where there's no perfection and you can't just take the Emira body, build it out of CF like the Alfa 4C, reduce weight to a Miata, put McLaren doors on it, slap in the Z06 engine, put the Ferrari badge on it and price it like a Yaris.

I'd buy a Porsche 911 GT3, but last time I saw the Porsche dealer he couldn't even provide a base 911 at sticker and without wait. I was told if I want a GT3 it would be $50k over sticker and even if I paid it, they didn't have a GT3 for me. "Get in line." I told him if i'm paying $50k over sticker, I'd rather buy a real exotic for the same money. He didn't seem to care.

So yes... a slight bit disappointed and torn, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather buy at the moment. At least not below $200k. My closest, realistic, backup is the Audi R8. Everything else I'm interested in either doesn't exist yet (Roadster 2) or would be relegated to garage queen duties (Huracan EVO RWD)....

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wasn’t planning to fully commit until I’d driven it so that’s not changed but hard not to feel a teeny bit less excited than I was after the reviews today.

Wish I’d only watched Harry’s review today 😬

I didn’t realise purchasing a Lotus would be such an emotional rollercoaster 😆
It's sounding like so much might be riding on the Chris Harris review (plus test drives).
But wasn't Lotus built for Rollercoaster situations?

#for the Driver. / #not for all Drivers

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes watching reviews I have second thoughts 💭 as let’s face it this is not a cheap car it’s £80k so if it doesn’t deliver on my test ride I will end up with something else and unfortunately I have very high standards as this purchase is just a w/e car for pure driving pleasure not to get from A to B . I can tell after my test ride if I get the “must have it, must have it“ or no don’t need it, I’ll just get another electric mtb lol 😝 as I do more miles on my bike 🚴 lol

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Crazy how some here get influenced by one or two car reviewers they don't even know to that point that they are cancelling their orders for a car they are waiting for for one year just because they said the shift feels somewhat strange. I though this influencer stuff only works really good with kids and teens.
There are so many guys tracking their Exiges with the same engine and trans or enjoying their Evoras, praising them for being more involving then Porsches are and now those same exact components are not good enough and from one day to another some people here think that they will have more fun in a heavier, less powerful, way more civilized base 911? Funny times :)
Thanks however for everybody dropping out, maybe I'll get my first delivery estimation back.