November Delivery and just sent my 10% deposit.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good evening,

I have sent my 10% to my dealer and now we play the waiting game. I reserved mine in May 2021 without ever seeing it, and was #5 for the FE, with a small deposit of 1,000. I do believe that closer to the build date, a more official building tool will be implemented. I currently own an Elise with no intentions to sell that, as its paid off and gaining in value.

Just thought I would pop by and introduce myself.

Good evening,

I have sent my 10% to my dealer and now we play the waiting game. I reserved mine in May 2021 without ever seeing it, and was #5 for the FE, with a small deposit of 1,000. I do believe that closer to the build date, a more official building tool will be implemented. I currently own an Elise with no intentions to sell that, as its paid off and gaining in value.

Just thought I would pop by and introduce myself.
Congrats. Question for the group…since I have not been asked to lock in a configuration and have a reasonably good spot on the wait list at my dealer (not a V6 FE, but in striking distance), would it make sense to go for the I4 FE since it will be built alongside the V6 base cars? After all, it is a modern engine with a solid track record in mercs and would be paired with an equally modern DCT. I’m not sure I really need the 10% extra horsepower, the gas mileage would be better and the tail end might be a little more manageable sinc the engine is lighter. I was going with an automatic transmission in the V6 anyway. What do people think? Do we know the price of the I4 FE.

Congrats. Question for the group…since I have not been asked to lock in a configuration and have a reasonably good spot on the wait list at my dealer (not a V6 FE, but in striking distance), would it make sense to go for the I4 FE since it will be built alongside the V6 base cars? After all, it is a modern engine with a solid track record in mercs and would be paired with an equally modern DCT. I’m not sure I really need the 10% extra horsepower, the gas mileage would be better and the tail end might be a little more manageable sinc the engine is lighter. I was going with an automatic transmission in the V6 anyway. What do people think? Do we know the price of the I4 FE.
I like the idea of an FE.

I guess the limited nature of it. Exclusivity. So I’m going in this order:

FE V6
FE i4
Base V6 Bespoke
Base V6 built with all sorts of options (custom) for me if that Bespoke Division isn’t yet set up.

Fun times!

I’ve seen it mentioned several times on here, and elsewhere, that the FEi4 will be approx £6k cheaper than the V6. Hope so anyway, as that’s what I’ve ordered

I think if you were opting for auto box then I would definitely go for FE i4. It will be a much better gear box. Yes the sound might not quite be that of v6. But I'm sure it'll be fine. All depends on your priorities... For me, better gearbox beats better sound. Luckily for me I get both... I'm getting a manual😁😁😁😁😁😁

I think if you were opting for auto box then I would definitely go for FE i4. It will be a much better gear box. Yes the sound might not quite be that of v6. But I'm sure it'll be fine. All depends on your priorities... For me, better gearbox beats better sound. Luckily for me I get both... I'm getting a manual😁😁😁😁😁😁
Mostly not wanting to wait forever. Want a good experience with the car. Want to feel good about what I purchase and not like a bat and switch victim.

Back