EMIRA's For Sale

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This was on one of facebook forums.... tried to view on face book site, but you need to be member
emira.PNG

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow! Speculators trying to cash in, already?! They should be sent a Parkers' valuation...

OP
andrew6382

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wow! Speculators trying to cash in, already?! They should be sent a Parkers' valuation...
Yep...... lot depends on reviews ? epic rewiews.... then perhaps.... but Lotus as a brand....... many in the uk know little about. Be interesting how the 132 goes down with the public :unsure:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I hate the word depreciation…. Would be lovely if the only second time in my life a car I buy doesn’t deprecate like a stone the day I buy it. I’m hoping that the Emira retains 66% after 3 years.

OP
andrew6382

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I hate the word depreciation…. Would be lovely if the only second time in my life a car I buy doesn’t deprecate like a stone the day I buy it. I’m hoping that the Emira retains 66% after 3 years.
Been told as much as 70% residual has been seen.... but who knows now with expected 7% inflation expected by the end of the year. might be seeing a few more cars up for sale :):(

nosirrahx

Reaction score
Same thing is going to happen with the 400Z. I started looking at getting one as a backup fun car and it looks like orders are already years out. Flippers love markets like this. The need for instant gratification = $.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wealthy collectors won't worry about a 10 to 20k mark up, they won't be interested in waiting up to 2 years for a car.

Like someone has already said if this car gets the reviews we are all expecting premiums on the Emira are guaranteed. I don't think to many flippers would have been quick enough to get on the first few hundred cars looking at previous Lotus sales, but yes there is always one lol.

If that advert is genuine that car is probably already gone.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Wealthy collectors won't worry about a 10 to 20k mark up, they won't be interested in waiting up to 2 years for a car.

Like someone has already said if this car gets the reviews we are all expecting premiums on the Emira are guaranteed. I don't think to many flippers would have been quick enough to get on the first few hundred cars looking at previous Lotus sales, but yes there is always one lol.

If that advert is genuine that car is probably already gone.
It's unusual for car journalists to order cars without driving them too.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I lot of factors will be at play here. If the price of the Emira raises in the next few years, if they get new editions out that are better, etc.

Some cars hold good value. My 2016 GT4 is still worth more than I paid for in 2016 after 6 years and 22 000km.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I lot of factors will be at play here. If the price of the Emira raises in the next few years, if they get new editions out that are better, etc.

Some cars hold good value. My 2016 GT4 is still worth more than I paid for in 2016 after 6 years and 22 000km.
Ah yes the GT4, most of us have more look winning on the lottery then being able to secure a car like this from Porsche.