Non Emira Goodwood photos

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Very very off topic, but I took a few photos of some very special cars at Goodwood and thought I'd share them. For those that haven't been, this is barely a tiny smidge of what's at the festival - so many more incredible cars! I could only manage 1 day there due to work getting in the way, but still got to see some special metal (and carbon fibre).

Also famously/ infamously the Maroon-brown McLaren F1 is chassis 49, previously belonging to Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean/ black adder) that he wrote off twice... Still ended up selling it for over 8/9 million I believe.

DSC_0025.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
DSC_0020.jpg
DSC_0021.jpg
DSC_0026.jpg

Last edited:

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My non-Emira highlight was my son getting his Liberty Walk Hotwheels model signed by the Japanese owner. The car was shipped over from Japan and is an amazing piece of work (for the record I do not like what they do to Ferraris!).

#forthenextgeneration

778B1C96-8A82-4033-A735-104CAA005857.jpeg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Those Eletre door speakers were not designed for kids fingers to fiddle with. If I were a betting man I would bet they put grilles on them for production.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Very very off topic, but I took a few photos of some very special cars at Goodwood and thought I'd share them. For those that haven't been, this is barely a tiny smidge of what's at the festival - so many more incredible cars! I could only manage 1 day there due to work getting in the way, but still got to see some special metal (and carbon fibre).

Also famously/ infamously the Maroon-brown McLaren F1 is chassis 49, previously belonging to Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean/ black adder) that he wrote off twice... Still ended up selling it for over 8/9 million I believe.

View attachment 6877View attachment 6878View attachment 6879View attachment 6880View attachment 6881View attachment 6882View attachment 6883View attachment 6884View attachment 6885
next time you hand wash all cars before taking the photos, you may want to go to the trouble of getting a chamois and drying them... what a poor effort.. hahah

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Part of me does think I should do my own 911 restomod with this £80k....
obviously either already having the 911 to start with, or figuring the car cost as an addition to this 80 k right?
Having a 911 restomod, backdate, singer style, what ever we want to say, a la foto along side, 80k without the base car, which could cost anywhere between 40-60, could be doable, but if it includes having to buy the car in the first place, I cant see it being a resto mod, but more of an odd mod (I just thought of that).
The engine work alone can run you to 30k and more....

Every year they are more expensive. A good one, none singer, is now valued around 150k easy and in germany probably more, 200-250 for a good one from scatch.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
obviously either already having the 911 to start with, or figuring the car cost as an addition to this 80 k right?
Having a 911 restomod, backdate, singer style, what ever we want to say, a la foto along side, 80k without the base car, which could cost anywhere between 40-60, could be doable, but if it includes having to buy the car in the first place, I cant see it being a resto mod, but more of an odd mod (I just thought of that).
The engine work alone can run you to 30k and more....

Every year they are more expensive. A good one, none singer, is now valued around 150k easy and in germany probably more, 200-250 for a good one from scatch.
Yeah I say full restomod. I really mean get a nice 964 for 55k and spend the 25k on a few 'enhancements' seats, wheels, suspension, exhaust, filters and bodywork/paint. Could easily end up costing more, but be a nice project to keep tinkering with. Only thing stopping me is I have one project already...

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I say full restomod. I really mean get a nice 964 for 55k and spend the 15k on a few 'enhancements' seats, wheels, suspension and bodywork/paint. Could easily end up costing more, but be a nice project to keep tinkering with. Only thing stopping me is I have one project already...
yes and probably worth stopping at the 80k, as if you end up with a car worth quite a bit more, then unless you are rolling in it, money not the car, you dont really enjoy it as much as any slip or bad parking by you or others, does tend to ruin your .... life.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Part of me does think I should do my own 911 restomod with this £80k....
Now this is something I would love to do, and to an extent have started one off, but the costs of actually completing the project, getting it to the finish line and have it completed to the level that I want it done can, and will, cost a lot unless one is able to, and capable of, taking on most of the build and fabrication work themselves.

My project is a Renault 5 Maxi Turbo/Tour de Corse (TdC) rally replica, with actual FIA & MSA approved Maxi shell, roll cage and fuel tank, with an actual TdC-spec engine, gearbox, suspension and running gear.

When finished it should look exactly like the following, which is Didier Auriol's "33" Export Group B rally car, and be competition ready. However, the costs of getting there, including the purchase of the half completed project, will be well into 3 figures. That, unfortunately, is the reality of embarking on such projects. Singer is on another level, and then some! :love:

+1985  TC  AURIOL  RENAULT MAXI TURBO.jpg Didier Auriol - 33 Export - 10.jpg 11377374_10204303653451051_2933004183302929032_n.jpg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Now this is something I would love to do, and to an extent have started one off, but the costs of actually completing the project, getting it to the finish line and have it completed to the level that I want it done can, and will, cost a lot unless one is able to, and capable of, taking on most of the build and fabrication work themselves.

My project is a Renault 5 Maxi/Tour de Corse (TdC) rally replica, which actual FIA & MSA approved Maxi shell, roll cage and fuel tank, with an actual TdC-spec engine, gearbox, suspension and running gear.

When finished it should look exactly like the following, which is Didier Auriol's "33" Export Group B rally car, and be competition ready. However, the costs of getting there, including the purchase of the half completed project, will be well into 3 figures. That, unfortunately, is the reality of embarking on such projects. Singer is on another level, and then some! :love:

View attachment 6968 View attachment 6970 View attachment 6971
That will be awesome 👌

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score