Reaction score

Attachments

• 491997E1-590F-4516-80CB-CE8721AA9F58.jpeg
    491997E1-590F-4516-80CB-CE8721AA9F58.jpeg
    554.6 KB · Views: 142

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm too old for a mid life crisis. At my age, it's an any life crisis lol. I almost went with Nimbus, but decided since it's likely my last car, I'll go with DV.

Eagle7 you sound like you are planning to die soon. OMG,

The more you ignore the eventual reality, the longer one lives.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Eagle7 you sound like you are planning to die soon. OMG,

The more you ignore the eventual reality, the longer one lives.
Well I turn 71 in December. In the last 2 years, I've lost my mother, one brother, my best friend from childhood, and two other good friends. I'm not planning to die soon, but there's a point where you realize you're 'in the zone'. Just the way it is.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well I turn 71 in December. In the last 2 years, I've lost my mother, one brother, my best friend from childhood, and two other good friends. I'm not planning to die soon, but there's a point where you realize you're 'in the zone'. Just the way it is.
Sorry for all the loss @Eagle7

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I get it..... but to say " since it's likely my last car, I'll go with DV" sounds like you already know your expiration date. OMG !

you have ONLY about 36 years left !!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

I lost my dad in February, 1 week before his 72nd birthday. He loved exotic British sports cars and had fond memories of driving MG's and Triumphs as a young man. I remember bringing my laptop into his hospital room to show him the Emira configurator and try and get his mind off things (months earlier). I asked him what spec he liked and if he thinks I should go for it. He asked how much it was and I told him and said something along the lines of "you only live once." To which he replied, "Ain't that the truth." That really hit me, considering the circumstances.

In a weird way, this Emira mission and forum has kept me distracted during this past year, which has been the roughest one of my life. Sorry to hear about your losses and I hope you get to enjoy many years in your Emira @Eagle7!

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I get it..... but to say " since it's likely my last car, I'll go with DV" sounds like you already know your expiration date. OMG !

you have ONLY about 36 years left !!

It's a matter of cost too. Paying cash for it, but the Emira will be my last hurrah financially in that regard. Being retired, I have no need for a daily driver, though I'm keeping my Alfa Romeo which was serving that duty. It's a great all-season car, so I'll be driving that in the winter when we've got snow and ice on the roads. The Emira will be a 3 season car.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I lost my dad in February, 1 week before his 72nd birthday. He loved exotic British sports cars and had fond memories of driving MG's and Triumphs as a young man. I remember bringing my laptop into his hospital room to show him the Emira configurator and try and get his mind off things (months earlier). I asked him what spec he liked and if he thinks I should go for it. He asked how much it was and I told him and said something along the lines of "you only live once." To which he replied, "Ain't that the truth." That really hit me, considering the circumstances.

In a weird way, this Emira mission and forum has kept me distracted during this past year, which has been the roughest one of my life. Sorry to hear about your losses and I hope you get to enjoy many years in your Emira @Eagle7!
Truly sorry about your loss. It does put things in perspective though doesn't it. Don't be afraid to tell the people you care about, how much they mean to you while there's still time. Be thoughtful, patient and kind, so the legacy you leave behind is warmth and love instead of regrets.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The recent comments on this thread have brought me back to posting on it...
Getting to 'know' peoples situations is always enlightening... I make assumptions of what each member is like and time and time again I get another snippet of info and realise I was wildly wrong😂!
@Eagle7 you were someone I had as being a very considerate man in their 30's! You're very good with technology for someone in their 70's!!!
One can really learn from reading people's posts...more so the ones that aren't about cars!
@Eagle7 and @VL3X , I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your recent loses. Thank you for sharing and helping us live our lives in a better way because of it.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The recent comments on this thread have brought me back to posting on it...
Getting to 'know' peoples situations is always enlightening... I make assumptions of what each member is like and time and time again I get another snippet of info and realise I was wildly wrong😂!
@Eagle7 you were someone I had as being a very considerate man in their 30's! You're very good with technology for someone in their 70's!!!
One can really learn from reading people's posts...more so the ones that aren't about cars!
@Eagle7 and @VL3X , I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your recent loses. Thank you for sharing and helping us live our lives in a better way because of it.
Well thank you for the comment. I got my start in technology back in 1980 when I started with Tandy Corporation (they owned Radio Shack) as an electronics technician, working in a regional repair facility. That got me started with computers, and my first computer was a Radio Shack TRS 80. In 1984 I saw the Apple Macintosh, and just flipped over it. Bought one and I've been a Mac guy ever since.

When the internet craze began back in the early 90's, I did web pages for people, hand coding them from scratch, starting with a blank document. I used to be able to write html code like I was writing a letter. I got into being online through AOL, which was the first mainstream online service back then, did that for a few years including being a mod in chat rooms. That's where all the acronyms and chat shorthand began, because we were using slow dial-up and slow modems, so people learned how to condense a sentence into a few letters. Be Back Later became BBL, In Real Life became irl, and so on. It was to save bandwidth mostly. People don't need to save bandwidth anymore, but the old lingo has still hung around, especially on phones.

I had my own graphics and typesetting business back then, and I did it all on Macs. That's what got me into 3D programs and rendering, so I've been involved in technology almost right from the beginning.

I don't do any of that anymore. Web pages and that whole scene has gone way beyond what I used to do, although I still occasionally look at the source code, and I think a lot of it is way overdone and unnecessary, but that's not my world anymore.

Nowadays I write, gathering thoughts, ideas, impressions, etc. I've learned over the years. I create my own music I like to listen to; instrumentals for the most part. After working for 50 years, being retired has taken some getting used to oddly enough. You always think it sounds like the dream, but you also don't realize how much your life is shaped around your work schedule until you don't have one, and don't need one anymore. Time no longer means what it used to. There are no weekends, every day is your day off. Sounds great at first, but it's taken me some time to get used to.

My first car was a British sports car, a 1964 Triumph Spitfire. I used to love just getting in it and drive; anywhere, no where, just for the fun of driving it. I'm really looking forward to the Emira. It's going to be so much more 'everything' than my Triumph was, but I'm expecting to have the same joy of driving that I did all those years ago. A British sports car is going to be the bookends to my life lol. Not bad.