Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well thank you for the comment. I got my start in technology back in 1980 when I started with Tandy Corporation (they owned Radio Shack) as an electronics technician, working in a regional repair facility. That got me started with computers, and my first computer was a Radio Shack TRS 80. In 1984 I saw the Apple Macintosh, and just flipped over it. Bought one and I've been a Mac guy ever since.

When the internet craze began back in the early 90's, I did web pages for people, hand coding them from scratch, starting with a blank document. I used to be able to write html code like I was writing a letter. I got into being online through AOL, which was the first mainstream online service back then, did that for a few years including being a mod in chat rooms. That's where all the acronyms and chat shorthand began, because we were using slow dial-up and slow modems, so people learned how to condense a sentence into a few letters. Be Back Later became BBL, In Real Life became irl, and so on. It was to save bandwidth mostly. People don't need to save bandwidth anymore, but the old lingo has still hung around, especially on phones.

I had my own graphics and typesetting business back then, and I did it all on Macs. That's what got me into 3D programs and rendering, so I've been involved in technology almost right from the beginning.

I don't do any of that anymore. Web pages and that whole scene has gone way beyond what I used to do, although I still occasionally look at the source code, and I think a lot of it is way overdone and unnecessary, but that's not my world anymore.

Nowadays I write, gathering thoughts, ideas, impressions, etc. I've learned over the years. I create my own music I like to listen to; instrumentals for the most part. After working for 50 years, being retired has taken some getting used to oddly enough. You always think it sounds like the dream, but you also don't realize how much your life is shaped around your work schedule until you don't have one, and don't need one anymore. Time no longer means what it used to. There are no weekends, every day is your day off. Sounds great at first, but it's taken me some time to get used to.

My first car was a British sports car, a 1964 Triumph Spitfire. I used to love just getting in it and drive; anywhere, no where, just for the fun of driving it. I'm really looking forward to the Emira. It's going to be so much more 'everything' than my Triumph was, but I'm expecting to have the same joy of driving that I did all those years ago. A British sports car is going to be the bookends to my life lol. Not bad.
See... Your penultimate paragraph is another gem of life experience learning we can all ponder!

There is one clue that gives away your retirement age... Your length of posts😜😜🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well thank you for the comment. I got my start in technology back in 1980 when I started with Tandy Corporation (they owned Radio Shack) as an electronics technician, working in a regional repair facility. That got me started with computers, and my first computer was a Radio Shack TRS 80. In 1984 I saw the Apple Macintosh, and just flipped over it. Bought one and I've been a Mac guy ever since.
I remember Tandy in the 80's as a teenager, it was my favourite shop (it traded under the Tandy name in the UK). I was really into electronics and would buy the parts from Tandy to make projects in magazines popular at the time. I used to etch my own circuit boards and knew all the resistor values from the colours. Also remember the TRS80. Very happy memories, thanks for reminding me!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m slowly coming back round to Nimbus but with red leather……
The tan seats might just be too tangy in tone. Red looks rich and gives austere Nimbus some racing tone.

Agree, however Nimbus isn’t all that austere. I was at the driving academy yesterday and they employed all colors but Magma and IMO Nimbus was the most outstanding color. Rich in depth, very dynamic in contrast, it looked both classy and sporting and like a million bucks. Yellow and blue are bold and fun but lack the depth and contrast, and Verdant was perhaps the most austere. Shadow grey also. Nimbus is the most special in my opinion after a long day of hanging out with these cars in Sunshine. I’m very happy with my Nimbus / red spec. Agree red gives it race car vibes.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agree, however Nimbus isn’t all that austere. I was at the driving academy yesterday and they employed all colors but Magma and IMO Nimbus was the most outstanding color. Rich in depth, very dynamic in contrast, it looked both classy and sporting and like a million bucks. Yellow and blue are bold and fun but lack the depth and contrast, and Verdant was perhaps the most austere. Shadow grey also. Nimbus is the most special in my opinion after a long day of hanging out with these cars in Sunshine. I’m very happy with my Nimbus / red spec. Agree red gives it race car vibes.
And Nimbus is faster! specially with black Alcantara seats! 🤣

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Doing a write-up with some pics I hope?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looking forward to your write up review on the Emira!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
See... Your penultimate paragraph is another gem of life experience learning we can all ponder!

There is one clue that gives away your retirement age... Your length of posts😜😜🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
LOL well yes, I suppose that's true. It's probably the result of growing up in an age when people didn't have cell phones. My mom wouldn't even allow us to talk on the phone. If we wanted to talk to our friends, we had to go to their house.

When people got together in those days, they just talked and talked because that was the only time they had to communicate with each other. Nobody was checking for email, texts or whatever was the latest on the internet because we didn't have any distractions. No cell phones. Today's culture has been so affected by cell phones, people have gotten used to one sentence communication, maybe two. A picture used to be worth a thousand words, now it's a meme and worth only a few words at best.

I know this is convenient and all, but it has zero depth and there's virtually no learning; certainly not of anything of substance. People are just like flat stones now, skipping across the waters of life. They're only briefly touching on it without engaging any of the richness of it, because that would take time, and the internet beckons.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 32

After spending some time playing around with the online configurator tonight, I'm leaning towards Nimbus Grey. It seems to show off the lines of the car very well. Is anyone else thinking about this color?
I like it. Their metallic looks almost like pearl! I went with the DV though because it seems like everyone here in So Cal is doing a shade of grey today. Your build should look awesome with the red calipers and light interior!!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
People are just like flat stones now, skipping across the waters of life. They're only briefly touching on it without engaging any of the richness of it, because that would take time, and the internet beckons.

Well said! 👏🏼

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I turn 71 in December. In the last 2 years, I've lost my mother, one brother, my best friend from childhood, and two other good friends. I'm not planning to die soon, but there's a point where you realize you're 'in the zone'. Just the way it is.
I'm not far behind you at 67. Add a year or two by the time I get my Emira and yeah we have reached the point where we have to take stock of our situation and plan for the next decade or two. I imagine I'll only be driving 10k miles per year or so which puts me close to 80 by the time I consider "retiring" the car so like you I think this will probably be my last hurrah sports car wise...:(. I plan on enjoying the hell out of it though and going out with a bang!! If I am lucky enough to stretch that out a couple years past that well good for me. Sorry for the loss of your friends and relatives. Just part of the game I suppose but the good news is you're still on the right side of the grass so enjoy that car when you get it!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not far behind you at 67. Add a year or two by the time I get my Emira and yeah we have reached the point where we have to take stock of our situation and plan for the next decade or two. I imagine I'll only be driving 10k miles per year or so which puts me close to 80 by the time I consider "retiring" the car so like you I think this will probably be my last hurrah sports car wise...:(. I plan on enjoying the hell out of it though and going out with a bang!! If I am lucky enough to stretch that out a couple years past that well good for me. Sorry for the loss of your friends and relatives. Just part of the game I suppose but the good news is you're still on the right side of the grass so enjoy that car when you get it!
Thank you for the condolences, and yeah that's pretty much it. You have to be realistic about things, but that doesn't mean you still can't have some fun. I won't be driving as hard or as fast as I would have years ago, but I'm still going to enjoy the process of being in a cool looking sports car, heel-n-toe manual shifting, and listening to the wonderful sounds of a supercharged V6. Those things are timeless.

Nonoyeah

Reaction score
I get it..... but to say " since it's likely my last car, I'll go with DV" sounds like you already know your expiration date. OMG !

you have ONLY about 36 years left !!

The article is from 2020... Lets get an update on the 107 err 109 y.o. driver!

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This exterior with red leather will be amazing.
Love red with silver/grey but I found the red a bit much for me with the sides and lower dash also being red. And a bold red at that. Yellow stitching and calipers for me. I’d like yellow belts too if possible.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Pictures of the Nimbus Grey dealer demo car from the B&C launch event yesterday. Indoors under artificial light.

IMG_0923.JPG
IMG_0919.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG
IMG_0864.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score