Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Love red with silver/grey but I found the red a bit much for me with the sides and lower dash also being red. And a bold red at that. Yellow stitching and calipers for me. I’d like yellow belts too if possible.
Yes I've specced silver/red on cars before but thought the red was a bit bright/bold and the silver/nimbus had the wrong tones in some lights, probably looks better than id of thought here bit no regrets going for Tan

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes I've specced silver/red on cars before but thought the red was a bit bright/bold and the silver/nimbus had the wrong tones in some lights, probably looks better than id of thought here bit no regrets going for Tan
I was happy to see it looks like they are just doing the arm on the doors as the red is a bit bright but not as dismal as all black. Also yeah I don't like the Nimbus under fluorescent light, but I didn't like the DV under overcast skies. I"m almost glad I have to wait a bit to place an order because I really want to see these colors "in person"!!!

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is 'Warm Titanium' at Infiniti dealership. Looks a little too 'champagne' for my tastes. Is there anyone here who may have seen both and this and Nimbus and can talk me down off the ledge??

Attachments

• 20221002_161416.jpg
    20221002_161416.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 20221002_161249.jpg
    20221002_161249.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 61
  • 20221002_161241.jpg
    20221002_161241.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is 'Warm Titanium' at Infiniti dealership. Looks a little too 'champagne' for my tastes. Is there anyone here who may have seen both and this and Numbus and can talk me down off the ledge??

Nimbus is not this champagne in sunlight.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is 'Warm Titanium' at Infiniti dealership. Looks a little too 'champagne' for my tastes. Is there anyone here who may have seen both and this and Numbus and can talk me down off the ledge??

To elaborate, Nimbus looks most Champagne under fluorescent lighting (like on the factory/showroom floor). Under direct sunlight, the champagne actually mostly goes away and the car looks more sharply silver but with high dynamic contrast. Some refer to this as a "liquid metal" effect, but it's not fully liquid metal. It looks great, I promise.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
To elaborate, Nimbus looks most Champagne under fluorescent lighting (like on the factory/showroom floor). Under direct sunlight, the champagne actually mostly goes away and the car looks more sharply silver but with high dynamic contrast. Some refer to this as a "liquid metal" effect, but it's not fully liquid metal. It looks great, I promise.
How would you compare it to Porsche’s Liquid Silver paint offered on the 918 Spyder? (A $62,000 option when the 918 was sold!!)

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
How would you compare it to Porsche’s Liquid Silver paint offered on the 918 Spyder? (A $62,000 option when the 918 was sold!!)

They both look like they started with the same Pantone swatch, but Liquid Silver was given higher dynamic contrast.

To explain this a bit further, let’s look at a picture of actual Liquid Metal:

49028DE2-F659-4F85-9D14-09ECDE675371.jpeg

Actual Liquid Metal has a very high dynamic contrast, it covers the full B&W spectrum from nearly pure black to nearly pure white. This contrast is also very sharp, in that it quickly transitions from dark to light, without a lot of grey in between.

Most silver cars don’t have much dynamic contrast (although even “regular” Silver tends to have more than other colors).

What makes Nimbus special is that it has higher than average dynamic contrast and that serves to highlight the surfacing of the car, which on Emira is a very good thing.

Porsche Liquid Metal to my eye looks like the same hue with the same degree of warmth, but with dynamic contrast ratcheted up even further, and transitioning from dark to light more sharply.

59B83EDC-D753-4930-A26F-F6FEB9728D5B.jpeg

3A01360D-DFF1-4032-9933-6EA753931F3F.jpeg

Looking at these two images, the “average” grey is the same, but the Porsche travels further toward black and white, and doesn’t “live” at that average gray for very long. Under these specific lighting conditions, we see more of the surfacing live at the darker end of the spectrum giving the car the impression of being a darker color even though the average of the darks and lights is about equal on both cars. As lighting conditions change, the effect on the surfacing of the car would be more dramatic on the Porsche, almost like the color is in motion.

In short, to me they look like the same color utilizing the same effect to be special, but the Porsche turns that effect up to 11 (or, err, 62,000).

Edit: upon a little extra study Porsche Liquid Silver may also have a deeper gloss, giving it a bit more reflectivity which would heighten the “mirror” effect (further giving our eyes the impression of Liquid Metal) - but base grey is still the same.

Attachments

• 9F9C1533-BB30-4BE2-8B2F-EB26DA400FC7.jpeg
    9F9C1533-BB30-4BE2-8B2F-EB26DA400FC7.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

SteveB

Reaction score
They both look like they started with the same Pantone swatch, but Liquid Silver was given higher dynamic contrast.

To explain this a bit further, let’s look at a picture of actual Liquid Metal:

View attachment 9426

Actual Liquid Metal has a very high dynamic contrast, it covers the full B&W spectrum from nearly pure black to nearly pure white. This contrast is also very sharp, in that it quickly transitions from dark to light, without a lot of grey in between.

Most silver cars don’t have much dynamic contrast (although even “regular” Silver tends to have more than other colors).

What makes Nimbus special is that it has higher than average dynamic contrast and that serves to highlight the surfacing of the car, which on Emira is a very good thing.

Porsche Liquid Metal to my eye looks like the same hue with the same degree of warmth, but with dynamic contrast ratcheted up even further, and transitioning from dark to light more sharply.

View attachment 9427
View attachment 9429

Looking at these two images, the “average” grey is the same, but the Porsche travels further toward black and white, and doesn’t “live” at that average gray for very long. Under these specific lighting conditions, we see more of the surfacing live at the darker end of the spectrum giving the car the impression of being a darker color even though the average of the darks and lights is about equal on both cars. As lighting conditions change, the effect on the surfacing of the car would be more dramatic on the Porsche, almost like the color is in motion.

In short, to me they look like the same color utilizing the same effect to be special, but the Porsche turns that effect up to 11 (or, err, 62,000).

Edit: upon a little extra study Porsche Liquid Silver may also have a deeper gloss, giving it a bit more reflectivity which would heighten the “mirror” effect (further giving our eyes the impression of Liquid Metal) - but base grey is still the same.

Having seen Nimbus under bright lights and in direct sunlight it does not look silver or grey! It has a metallic bronze fleck that really shines out and to my eye the overall effect looks darker in full sun than under dull light conditions - maybe because ambient light is mostly reflected off the surface lacquer under dull light conditions and the underlying bronze fleck is not particularly visible.

Nimbus does however really highlight the contours of the car (more so than other FE colours) and emphasises darker areas such as intake ducts.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For all the obsessing over ride height, wheel gap and bonnet seam,
I still can't accept the FE exterior badge placement. It looks oddly placed, not quite recessed., sloppy versus intentional.
Was this really the best application?
( this rant is what happens when Emira deposit fatigue sets in)

EBZ

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I made a quick visit to my “(un)famous” dealer (Lotus Antwerp) to see Nimbus Grey in daylight 😎

Very surprised how the interior feels really premium (leather & Alcantara quality), certainly compared to my M2 where almost all interior parts are black plastic.

65703B8A-3BCB-489A-9138-E4701BF6D22A.jpeg

051A49BB-A2C9-4558-AFD2-9113E57B3467.jpeg

420CE715-F8EA-469D-BFE4-9C8A6C54B69A.jpeg

3AE5A382-9054-4606-96D7-C565028439E0.jpeg

213AEC52-49EC-45A7-95CB-1BD561DE117C.jpeg

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I made a quick visit to my “(un)famous” dealer (Lotus Antwerp) to see Nimbus Grey in daylight 😎

Very surprised how the interior feels really premium (leather & Alcantara quality), certainly compared to my M2 where almost all interior parts are black plastic.

View attachment 9508

View attachment 9510

View attachment 9511

View attachment 9512

View attachment 9513

View attachment 9517
Great photos. Couldn't be more happy with my spec! How good does the Emira look here?!!

EBZ

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
An interesting suggestion from my dealer would be to add a small mesh/grill (he will study the best solution) at the level of the small air vents/exit which throw the air onto the body of the car to avoid over time a sandblasting effect (see in the picture the areas possibly impacted in yellow)

=> To be further investigated.

6160FA4C-17B4-4399-B27A-C9160C7DA0DB.jpeg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
An interesting suggestion from my dealer would be to add a small mesh/grill (he will study the best solution) at the level of the small air vents/exit which throw the air onto the body of the car to avoid over time a sandblasting effect (see in the picture the areas possibly impacted in yellow)

View attachment 9519
I think this is very interesting and will evolve into a few mesh or protective solutions for the Emira.
The number of vents and lower black pack necessitate it really.

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

View attachment 9519
I noticed that early on when doing renders, how vulnerable the lower areas of the sides would be. I'm going to seriously look into some kind of mud/sand flap at the front because it looks like the side is going to take a beating otherwise. It'll probably be worse for those with Cup2's.

Maybe something that either directs the airflow down or further out away from the sides.

Reactions: EBZ

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I dont do ppf, but ideally I think it wants at least half ppf and if you have black pack probably full..
wonder if Lotus will install ppf by default in those damage prone areas. I understand that Lotus installed PPF in certain areas on the Evora which differed based on delivery location.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
wonder if Lotus will install ppf by default in those damage prone areas. I understand that Lotus installed PPF in certain areas on the Evora which differed based on delivery location.
From everything that has been said so far no. But in UK at least they offer it as a cost option by a 3rd party before delivery