• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New video: "Lotus and Fittipaldi - Back Together"

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Boy that brought back memories. When Emo walked into that room with all the cars and employees clapping, I actually got emotional. He's such a humble and nice man. I was a huge F1 fan back then, and Lotus was by far my favorite team and cars.

I bought a Lotus crew jacket in 1973 from the official support group. I would periodically get the wing stickers from them for each win through the 73 season. I still have the jacket and stickers.

My JPS jacket.jpeg

IMG_3002.jpeg

That same year he was at the (I believe it was the first, when they used Porsche 911's before the Camaros) International Race of Champions (IROC) at Riverside International Raceway in Southern California (which is gone unfortunately) and he signed my pit pass. I was also fortunate to meet and get the signatures of (from the top) Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney and Mark Donohue as well.

IMG_3001.jpeg

This was my 1968 Triumph Spitfire I drove in those days and would drive out to Riverside Raceway for races and events. Some great memories.

My Old Spitfire.jpeg

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Boy that brought back memories. When Emo walked into that room with all the cars and employees clapping, I actually got emotional. He's such a humble and nice man. I was a huge F1 fan back then, and Lotus was by far my favorite team and cars.

I bought a Lotus crew jacket in 1973 from the official support group. I would periodically get the wing stickers from them for each win through the 73 season. I still have the jacket and stickers.

View attachment 10443
View attachment 10444

That same year he was at the (I believe it was the first, when they used Porsche 911's before the Camaros) International Race of Champions (IROC) at Riverside International Raceway in Southern California (which is gone unfortunately) and he signed my pit pass. I was also fortunate to meet and get the signatures of (from the top) Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney and Mark Donohue as well.

View attachment 10445

This was my 1968 Triumph Spitfire I drove in those days and would drive out to Riverside Raceway for races and events. Some great memories.

View attachment 10446
That’s great memories Eagle7 - I too remember the JPS era so vivid. The Lotus72 iconic times with Emmo and so sad thinking of Jochen But then came the 79 and Mario & Ronnie. I hungered after a JPS Esprit at the time but only could afford a 502 Elite, did get my Esprit in the late 80’s. Happy memories you have.
I visited Wymondham Hall home of Team Lotus - tried to sit in Nigel’s car - couldn’t fit I was too big.
But great to see you have kept your memorabilia, cherished I am sure.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 10443
View attachment 10444

View attachment 10445

View attachment 10446
Wow, talk about memories!! Thanks for sharing this with us! 😃